Best Bad Religion cover so far

patron

damn that is a sweet cover.. looks like it's gonna be part of an upcoming BR Tribute album.... hmm I wonder who else is gonna be on that

http://www.myspace.com/music/blog/2010/9/27/myspace-and-spin-present-germs-of-perfection-a-tribute-to-bad-religion?ref=nf#ixzz10lwWNssJ

damn, Polar Bear Club, Frank Turner, Tegan & Sarah, Cobra Skulls

According to the crappy music blog that's part of my local newspaper (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/burger/50379298-53/bad-religion-spin-com.html.csp):

Over the next three weeks MySpace Music and SPIN.com will be rolling out new songs from the Bad Religion tribute compilation, which will feature covers from William Elliott Whitmore, Frank Turner, The Weakerthans, Switchfoot, Ted Leo, Cheap Girls, New Politics, Cobra Skulls featuring Fat Mike from NOFX and Riverboat Gamblers. The compilation will be available for download on October 19 at SPIN.com in conjunction with an oral history of Epitaph Records with liner notes for the tribute album running in the November issue of SPIN magazine.

as a huge bad religion fan, I gotta say I'm worried a tribute album will suck. none of the songs will be better than the originals. that's exactly what happened with the recent swingin utters tribute. a ton of great bands (teenage bottlerocket, cobra skulls, street dogs, off with their heads, fucked up, left alone), but after listening to each song, I'd just rather listen to the original. and I know these bands aren't trying to make the songs better, but when the originals are as good as they are, a cover isn't even really enjoyable.

I'll give it a chance though

so far this is the only tolerable song, tegan and sara song is garbage, frank turners put me to sleep, and poloar bear club sounds just like the original, fuck you myspace and fuck these stupid bands that are on this. with a legendary band like bad religion this is fucking amateur hour, how bout some actual punk bands maybe?