ISIS - Oceanic repress (again) soon

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europe reporting, just received my Brine today from Robotic.

Funny to receive it actually before people living a few thousand miles closer to the source than me (on top of that: using regular USPS shipping).

Anyone else ordering from Robotic Empire received a CD as well?

No sleeve, no packaging, just lying in the package between the vinyl sleeves.

According to the etching it is release Robo086, which I looked up is Oceanic Remixes II.

Nice suprise, but without any packaging it looked more like an accident than an extra. ;)

I have read that some people have received an email from (supposedly) robotic empire stating that they have been hacked. have you received the same email? do you know if this is legit?

i got this email. i check my paypal payment and it indeed went to some random yahoo email. previous RE payments had gone to [email protected] i believe. seemed legit as the proof was in my paypal.

Does anybody know if this hack was true or not?

Robotic Empire said they were going to honour orders affected by the hack and were hoping people would dispute the payment with Paypal as Paypal were not any help to Robotic empire!

I've been emailing Robotic about this, but if they were hacked, how would I know if I'm mailing the hacker or not???

I've been successful with my dispute and want to give Robotic their money, but I have this nagging doubt that it could be some elaborate double scam!!!

I've not received the records yet either!

Robotic Empire care to comment!?!?

i got this email. i check my paypal payment and it indeed went to some random yahoo email. previous RE payments had gone to [email protected] i believe. seemed legit as the proof was in my paypal.

Does anybody know if this hack was true or not?

Robotic Empire said they were going to honour orders affected by the hack and were hoping people would dispute the payment with Paypal as Paypal were not any help to Robotic empire!

I've been emailing Robotic about this, but if they were hacked, how would I know if I'm mailing the hacker or not???

I've been successful with my dispute and want to give Robotic their money, but I have this nagging doubt that it could be some elaborate double scam!!!

I've not received the records yet either!

Robotic Empire care to comment!?!?

Robotic doesn't want to comment here on this issue, at least that's what they told me when I asked them when they notified me about this. It is understandable because this is a serious issue for a mailorder/webstore and potentially a huge loss of reputation.

I was one of them who were affected by the hacker but I've received my order already last week despite everything that happened and even before I got the money back from PayPal.

Kudos to them for communicating this issue immediately to everyone who was affected, including instructions how to dispute and get the money back from Paypal. They've been very straightforward about this issue, but yeah, I understand that it is not good PR and they prefer to deal with it with their customers directly.

I have also disputed and got the money back from Paypal and then forwarded it directly to Robotic. I hope everyone does that because it's their money and they deserve some support for being an awesome distro.

• 3 weeks later...

Robotic has gone and repressed the reissue on clear:

[image]

the quick repress of ISIS' recent Oceanic 2xLP reissue we just dropped. The entire pressing blew out in roughly a month so we chose to go ahead and fill the remaining 200 "tip on" gatefold jackets with a brief run of clear vinyl. This is likely to be the last of these for a little while, so nab one while you can.

http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4998

Robotic has gone and repressed the reissue on clear:

[image]

the quick repress of ISIS' recent Oceanic 2xLP reissue we just dropped. The entire pressing blew out in roughly a month so we chose to go ahead and fill the remaining 200 "tip on" gatefold jackets with a brief run of clear vinyl. This is likely to be the last of these for a little while, so nab one while you can.

http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4998

On the listing it says "This copy comes on CLEAR colored vinyl, limited to 250 copies."

200 or 250? Not that it'll change the sell-out time by a whole lot or anything.