Buying Record Mailers

nicole

I wasn't sure if this thread belongs in the Vinyl section so I figured I'd put it here so people won't get pissed off.

Anyways, my question is about buying record mailers. I know Uline sells them buy the 100 or so which works out to be pretty cheap, but where can you get them if you don't need bulk amounts? I asked the girl at the post office and all I got was a blank stare followed by "What do you mean record mailer? We have flat rate boxes...."

Help?

Yeah, I suggest making a few orders, hold on to the ones you get, inside-out 'em: BANG. MAILERS and also more records to jam the fuck out to! Win-win-win situation. Everyone wins and we are one step closer to world peace.

RE: http://undercomm.org/blog/?page_id=37 / How to Press a Record Thread

Step Eight: Boxes

Take note, aside from single order mailers, you might need boxes for many records to mail at once, I’d encourage you to re-use as many as you get in from ordering covers or the boxes that the vinyl comes in, but in the even of mailing mass quantities off LPs, double box them, so order 13x13xwhatever boxes, so that 12.5×12.5xwhatever fits inside and you’ll lessen the chances of the covers being damaged, in transit. Also some of these places were found doing research so they all might not be cool… but I saw they existed so I included them:

Associated Bag www.associatedbag.com

Bags Unlimited www.bagsunlimited.com

Cameron Packaging www.cameronpackaging.com

Finger Pop www.fingerpop.com*

Indy Boxes www.indyboxes.net*

*note: fingerpop and indy boxes seem to be the same company

Sleeve Town www.sleevetown.com

Solid Viper www.solidviper.com

Tramik Supplies (UK) www.tramikisupplies.co.uk

Uline www.uline.com

see also: www.ebay.com, www.amazon.com

or these DIY/How to make your own mailer boxes vids:

or

or non-video DIY:

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11206

I wasn't sure if this thread belongs in the Vinyl section so I figured I'd put it here so people won't get pissed off.

Anyways, my question is about buying record mailers. I know Uline sells them buy the 100 or so which works out to be pretty cheap, but where can you get them if you don't need bulk amounts? I asked the girl at the post office and all I got was a blank stare followed by "What do you mean record mailer? We have flat rate boxes...."

Help?

What part of Ontario are you from? If I ever venture up there, or you ever venture here, I can donate some to you. I generally recycle them because I don't sell very often.

so Fedex offers free boxes when you have an account and they're pretty sturdy. good idea/bad idea?
they're sturdy, good if you are going to make/cut them down to mailer shapes to your own mailers, but either way you have to partially disassemble them and turn them inside out or cut them down...which is a little tedious.

so Fedex offers free boxes when you have an account and they're pretty sturdy. good idea/bad idea?
they're sturdy, good if you are going to make/cut them down to mailer shapes to your own mailers, but either way you have to partially disassemble them and turn them inside out or cut them down...which is a little tedious.

does the post office actually care if the box says Fedex?

I don't know if they'll accept them, though you can try taping over the labels with opaque colored tape or labels.

I don't know if they'll accept them, though you can try taping over the labels with opaque colored tape or labels.

They won't take them. I had to return my wife's phone and it was shipped in a fedex box and when I went to send it back out through the p.o. they made me black out the fedex with permanent marker.

Hi everyone!

We over here at SRC use a pretty cool company and they have by far the best prices I have ever seen for shipping and LP mailers. They also have killer pricing on 7" mailers as well.

.29999 per box if you buy 100!

They also ship the product the day of if you order before 12 noon EST...which is damn amazing.

Anyway i like these guys and girls so support them if you want

http://www.4bubble.com

I've always used Indyboxes.

Off topic, but what would be the best way to pack 15 45's for shipping?

Personally when I dont have a 7" mailer handy I Just have 2 8" pieces of cardboard sandwiching the records (taped on all ends to avoid moving) and put inside of a bubble mailer. I pad more sometimes but its pretty sturdy.

I've always used Indyboxes.

Off topic, but what would be the best way to pack 15 45's for shipping?

Personally when I dont have a 7" mailer handy I Just have 2 8" pieces of cardboard sandwiching the records (taped on all ends to avoid moving) and put inside of a bubble mailer. I pad more sometimes but its pretty sturdy.

i do this as well.

Anyone have any idea where to get the Stay Flat Mailers that Sub Pop used for their last singles club subscription a couple of years back? Those things were perfect and I can't find them anywhere. Everything I see online has odd dimensions (7x9, 6x8, etc) and the one I have in my hands measures 8 1/4 x 8 1/4.