solid mail day

adambomb

and by that, he's probably got like 50+ left.

bought two of em for 20 bucks, made about 500 bucks between the both

woo profiteering off of shit bands!

Which is exactly why I took down my initial post on it. Seriously, if you did that you're a dick.

i had bought two, cause i used to love that band a few years ago.

then i grew up!

Which is exactly why I took down my initial post on it. Seriously, if you did that you're a dick.

then i grew up!

I don't care how you feel about the band, that's cool. I think it's a jacked move if you bought two and sold them. He did/does that to get the last copies in the hands of big fans. To turn around and sell them for roughly 2,500% profit is kind of screwed up. It's the exact reason I took down my original post. I'd like to believe only fans would try to get a copy of this but it's clear that people will profiteer where possible.

then i grew up!

I don't care how you feel about the band, that's cool. I think it's a jacked move if you bought two and sold them. He did/does that to get the last copies in the hands of big fans. To turn around and sell them for roughly 2,500% profit is kind of screwed up. It's the exact reason I took down my original post. I'd like to believe only fans would try to get a copy of this but it's clear that people will profiteer where possible.

So I got the records when I liked the band. What am I supposed to do when I'm just totally sick of the band, throw them away?

not a mail day but i walked across the street to a dude who sells cds/dvds and other stuff. Picked up some old LPs

The Who - Who's Next - 4 bucks mint

The Boss- Greetings from ashburrypark, NJ - 3 bucks

Jimi Hendrix - German Import (in my car thats getting oil changed, don't have title at the moment)8$$

stoked

So I got the records when I liked the band. What am I supposed to do when I'm just totally sick of the band, throw them away?

I don't know...Trade them? Sell them to other fans for a reasonable price? Just putting it out there but I bet if you offered it up there'd be quite a number of people who would have purchased it and not resold it. Though I still don't quite understand why you needed two copies.

I know it's tempting to make a quick buck (I have two copies, one is for a future contest), but I just see that as a very cool thing to do in this instance.

I don't know...Trade them? Sell them to other fans for a reasonable price? Just putting it out there but I bet if you offered it up there'd be quite a number of people who would have purchased it and not resold it. Though I still don't quite understand why you needed two copies.

I know it's tempting to make a quick buck (I have two copies, one is for a future contest), but I just see that as a very cool thing to do in this instance.

this was really at a point in my life where all i knew for selling/acquiring records was ebay. i wasn't on any vinyl boards or anything. if i had them now, i'd definitely use ebay as a last resort. i had two because my friend had bought one just to listen to and had no idea how rare it was or anything and sold it to me for 10 bucks (he had gotten it from the 'source')

This is all true, but i think we're missing the fact that the record SUCKS...

Possibly the worst sounding LP i've ever purchased and it blows my mind that people will spend HUNDREDS of dollars on it...

then i grew up!

I commend him for what he did. It's business, it's not his fault some kewl fan of AM! wants to pay a ridiculous amount for their records. With the money I bet he bought records he really wanted. Think about the records that were around back in the day that everyone pays $50 regularly for nowadays, do you yell at those sellers because they bought them for $10 back in the day and because of ebay their value inflates? I think not.

this was really at a point in my life where all i knew for selling/acquiring records was ebay. i wasn't on any vinyl boards or anything. if i had them now, i'd definitely use ebay as a last resort. i had two because my friend had bought one just to listen to and had no idea how rare it was or anything and sold it to me for 10 bucks (he had gotten it from the 'source')

Alright. I was under the impression you bought them recently and sold them recently as well. I'm still not a big fan of flipping for a huge profit but that's your business.

I don't find sales of records for a profit as particularly upsetting but as there are efforts to keep this one in the hands of fans, it bothers me a bit more when I see it intentionally flipped. That's all.