Used Bin Finds

This Machine Kills/JR Ewing single-sided 12" - $10

Daft Punk - Discovery (got this with Smash Your Face's "Loose TImes, Light Times" 7" for $8)

Knapsack/Stuntman split 7" - $1.25

The Rapture - "The Chair That Squeaks" GSL repress on red - $2

Defeatist/Kursk split and "Thanatonic State" for $2 each

about 80% of what I buy comes out of used sections

awhile ago

Saves The Day - In Reverie (sealed and opened versions for ~$8)

Further Seems Forever - Moon Is Down clear $6

Bigwig - Drunken Knight b/w Jerk 7" on black; one for $0.50 and one for $1

The Strokes - Is This It UK banned nude cover $10

Piebald - If It Weren't For Venetian Blinds, It'd Be Curtains For Us All on clear /200 $8

Piebald - If It Weren't For Venetian Blinds, It'd Be Curtains For Us All on white $8

Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates black first press $6

Lifetime - Background LP $4

Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise with sticker over superman 1st press; one for $10 and one for $15

recently:

The Lookouts - Spy Rock Road LP $10

Against Me - Disco Before The Breakdown clear red 7" (1st press???) $3

today

Young Widows / Plows split 7" $0.80

Screeching Weasel - radio blast 7" on burgundy $10 (didn't buy it)

The Locust - The Locust (Opaque Green) - $7

Pelican - March Into The Sea (Autographed Purple/White Swirl) - $10

Elvis Costello - My Aim is True - $4

Big Country - The Crossing $2

Hell yeah My Aim is True!! I got that at goodwill for a buck and it's in damn good condition! Also, best song on that album: Watching the Detectives

Actually, speaking of that song, a few weeks ago at the nearby bar, some cover band was actually grabbing the drunk attention of everyone in the super-packed bar, but from a distance when I heard them begin covering that song, I grabbed my lady friend and had a blast. Dude had a solid Costello voice too.

about 80% of what I buy comes out of used sections

awhile ago

The Strokes - Is This It UK banned nude cover $10

Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates black first press $6

What the fuck?! That's awesomely depressingly cool (for me).

There are two record stores by me. One has overpriced records that do not take in any new vinyl. The other is a brand new place only selling new or repressed vinyl.

I cannot find a used bin with ANYTHING awesome like that (goodwill doesn't count...but you never knnowwww).

I can't complain too much about HRP because I got it for $8 off luckyhorseindustries a couple years ago (they emailed me and said I got the last one which had been sitting in their online store forever, but once the ebay prices went up, no one believed they actually had the copy on red/231 for $8 haha).

High five to you!

I figured I'd bump this as I got some great used finds yesterday.

T.S.O.L. - Posh Boy EP - original - $7

Communique - Poison Arrows - Red w/signed poster - $5

Fifth Hour Hero - Not Revenge, Just A Vicious Crush - $4

That Communique find is awesome, I'd eat my own ass for that.

Also, the FHH find is sweet too. Was it the bubblegum ice cream explosion, or poutine/blueberry?

I'll play!

all are fairly recent...

Isis - Live II $11.95

Baroness - Second $4.99

Mastodon - Call Of The Mastodon $20

Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets... $9.99

Thrice - Artist In The Ambulence $9.99

Film School - Hideout $7.99

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia $20

Danava - Quiet Babies 12" $2.99

dude...where did you pull these from? coheed and thrice at $10 is pretty damn good. im in the south bay and head up to SF and Berkeley pretty frequently...i never find anything this fantastic at rasputin or ameoba.

Even the Rasputin in Campbell will get good stuff from time to time. Sometimes it can be frustrating to go there because it seems like their vinyl selection gets smaller and smaller. But every couple months I'll find some good stuff.

Sigur Ros - ( ) $12

Mono - One Step More and You Die - $10

This Will Destroy You - Young Mountain (One of the first presses) - $5

The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Graves $10

The Six Parts Seven - Casually Smashed To Pieces $3

Best find ever was the 3 We're In This Together singles from NIN for 50 cents each. Ended up selling them for almost $300 together. Crazy.

dude...where did you pull these from? coheed and thrice at $10 is pretty damn good. im in the south bay and head up to SF and Berkeley pretty frequently...i never find anything this fantastic at rasputin or ameoba.

Even the Rasputin in Campbell will get good stuff from time to time. Sometimes it can be frustrating to go there because it seems like their vinyl selection gets smaller and smaller. But every couple months I'll find some good stuff.

Sigur Ros - ( ) $12

Mono - One Step More and You Die - $10

This Will Destroy You - Young Mountain (One of the first presses) - $5

The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Graves $10

The Six Parts Seven - Casually Smashed To Pieces $3

Best find ever was the 3 We're In This Together singles from NIN for 50 cents each. Ended up selling them for almost $300 together. Crazy.

i live in san jose so i hit the campbell rasputin at least once a week, usually more. over the last year their vinyl section has seemed to get so much worse. i use to go in there specifically to flip through the bins of used records that would sit under the shelves and i would almost always find something interesting. now it seems like the campbell store gets next to nothing in terms of used records. kind of a bummer.

i found Bob Dylan's "Blonde On Blonde" today for $3. I'd say that's a great score.

I don't know...sure, it's a good price, but the record was so mass produced and really isn't worth much.

Unfortunately a lot of people think that the more popular a band is, the more money they'll get for their records. However, this isn't true.

It's bands who are less popular who put out releases which are scarce and in limited supply. Those releases will fetch more money.

People, and some collectors, don't get this.

Sorry, but most of those Bob DYlan, NOFX, and Epitaph records releases aren't worth shit.

i found Bob Dylan's "Blonde On Blonde" today for $3. I'd say that's a great score.

I don't know...sure, it's a good price, but the record was so mass produced and really isn't worth much.

Unfortunately a lot of people think that the more popular a band is, the more money they'll get for their records. However, this isn't true.

It's bands who are less popular who put out releases which are scarce and in limited supply. Those releases will fetch more money.

Sorry, but most of those Bob DYlan, NOFX, and Epitaph records releases aren't worth shit.

I think finding a record you want to listen to at a price much less than you'd be willing to pay could be considered a good deal but then again I'm one of those retards that listens to the records I buy.

I think finding a record you want to listen to at a price much less than you'd be willing to pay could be considered a good deal but then again I'm one of those retards that listens to the records I buy.

Well, if you read my post, I stated exactly what you said.

However, from the perspective of a record collector, it's just not a real "find".

And yes, I listen to my records and probably take much better care of them than you.

AMEN!!!

I really like to buy used, for 1-2 bucks, bands that i like TO LISTEN, not only tu put them on the shelves...

I had 3 Alice Cooper lp's for 2$ each...

I think it is a good deal, because it is a bit a ''part of the past'' (even it is not ''rare'') because i know that my father was listening to this like 30 years ago....