Used Bin Finds

Yes. That is the one I picked up for $5. Also has a WRTC-FM stamp on the sleeve, which means this was sent directly to the radio station. Wow. This is getting put away and will be going on ebay. Thanks for your help.

If you're talking about this one: http://www.discogs.c...release/3548401 , then you've found a true gemm!!

It has been sold for beaucoup money: http://www.popsike.c...0676196225.html

Great album by the way!

Could you post a pic? Awesome find.

Again, sleeve is pretty beat up but the vinyl is VG. Just scored a spot at the Urban Vintage Bazaar this weekend in Providence as a record seller being held at Faunce Hall at Brown University. This will be posted to see if a special fan has some extra cash to walk out with this.

100_3097.jpg

100_3099.jpg

100_3098.jpg

Again, sleeve is pretty beat up but the vinyl is VG. Just scored a spot at the Urban Vintage Bazaar this weekend in Providence as a record seller being held at Faunce Hall at Brown University. This will be posted to see if a special fan has some extra cash to walk out with this.

100_3097.jpg

100_3099.jpg

100_3098.jpg

awesome find....

Picked up these today:

7"

Pearl Jam- I am Mine

Hole-Celebrity Skin

Hole- Violet

Cranberries- Dreams

Cranberries- Ridiculious Thoughts

Butthole Surfers- Pepper

The Black Crowes- Remedy

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Ain't No Easy Way

Aerosmith- Hole In My Soul

Aerosmith- Falling In Love (Is Hard on the Knees)

Cake- Never There

LPs

The Dead Milkmen- Beelzebubba

Built To Spill- Keep It Like a Secret

Audioslave- Out of Exile (Blue)

Dntel- Life is Full of Possibilities (Loser Edition)

• 2 weeks later...

Was very happy to knock a long time want record off my list.

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever $15

Awesome condition too. Thanks Deep Groove

Not to toot my own horn, but I found this used for like $5 at my record store.

So jealous of Saves The Day, Bright Eyes and the Oberst LP....they got any extras at that store? haha

Haha. They did not. I picked up the only two box sets they had, and this was back before vinyl had a big resurgence and before this particular place started over charging for people (the Exchange in case anyone in NE Ohio was wondering). The Saves the Day and Oberst just happened to be luck really. I usually only buy used vinyl from my shop and I've never been overcharged. He had a Foo Fighters One by One 2x10 for I think $6 one day. Hate myself for not picking it up. I could go on about all the deals I've gotten there before.

Only two come to mind at the moment. Last week I got Cro-Mags - Age Of Quarrel (OG Profile/Rock Hotel pressing) for TEN BUCKS. Also, I got a sealed Jade Tree pressing of Lifetime - Hello Bastards for 12 bucks. Yemin dug up a box apparently for when they opened for the Bouncing Souls 20th anniversary shows. I couldn't believe it.

I love used record stores in the USA... I spent 4 weeks in LA / Chicago recently and went to Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, Illinois. If anyone is into 70's / 80's metal / hard rock, I suggest you go to this place. I bought a shitload of records there, all in great condition for around $3 - $6 each. Some really hard to get stuff. Most was around $3. I spent $162 there and then the guy says "go grab an extra $25 worth of records for free!" and i was like "WTF?!?!?!" and he said "no one ever walks in and spends $162 in one go on a Wednesday." That dude gets my thumbs up. And if there's any Beatles fans here, he still has a sealed copy of an original Butcher Babies cover framed on the wall. He had it appraised at over $25,000 and there's only 11 sealed copies in existence. It's worth the drive alone if you're a Beatles fan. But yeah, great store, great guy.

Rainbow Records in Palatine or wherever it is... some good records but shit condition for the prices. Way too expensive. Unless you think spending $15 on a Bruce Springsteen record is worth it considering you can find them everywhere in the USA in $1 stores.

I got tons of SAMMY HAGAR, KISS, DOKKEN, Y&T, RATT, DEF LEPPARD, TRIUMPH, RAVEN, WHITESNAKE, BLACK SABBATH, RORY GALLAGHER, KROKUS, TYGERS OF PAN TANG, SAMSON, SCORPIONS, AUTOGRAPH, CHEAP TRICK, RUSH, HEART, THE VENTURES, PRINCE, BOB SEGER, BLONDIE, etc. for no more than $3 each most were $1 or 50 cents.

My next plan is to go to the USA and hire a van and drive from one side to the next, just going through all used stores and just buying a fuckload of records along the way.

In LA I went to Amoeba in Hollywood and just delved into their boxes of 7"ers... found all these for 50 cents to $1 each:

The Records - Teenarama

Unit 11:74

Nursery Crimes - All Torn Up Inside (blue vinyl)

Wino / Scott Kelly split

Sugar - Titled

Naked Raygun - Vanilla Blue

The Dictators - I Am Right

Dead Silence - How can we make any more money than this?

Oiler - with the pop up cover of the person in bed

plus tons more including stuff by Red Aunts, American Ruse, The Bitters, The Fluid, Boris The Sprinkler, Grand Funk Railroad, Chrome Cranks, Supersuckers, Green Day, The Dragons, The New Christs, Pooh Sticks, Patti Smith, Riverboat Gamblers, The Dogs, Lime Spiders, The Thing, Pyschotic Turnbuckles, Valiant Thorr, Man Or Astro-Man?...

The stores in the USA for used records are amazing. Love that place. Will return next year for MARYLAND DEATH FEST so if anyone knows good used stores around Baltimore, please let me know.

some recent ones:

NOFX SOTM #2 and #3 on black for $7.50 each (sold to NOFX fans, I'm hoping for a SOTM comp!)

Misfits Bullet Japanese pressing (sells for $75 to $100) for $6

Sealed 1988 Walk Among Us for $10. (I regret letting it go. I had just ordered it used for $20, then the next day I found this in a used bin for $10. I sold it for $40, but the used one I bought has some surfaces noise and no lyric sheet.)