Used Bin Finds

My friend picked up the first five Every Time I Die albums for $6 bucks a piece. The first three were 1st pressings to boot.

A couple I've found were:

2 Bright Eyes vinyl box sets for around $30 a piece

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream 2xLP gatefold $8

Saves the Day - Can't Slow Down $6

Pains of Being Pure At Heart S/T on white $6

Conor Oberst S/T gatefold for $8

My brother has found some stuff for ridiculous prices as well. Pretty Girls Make Graves, Q and not U, etc.

So jealous of Saves The Day, Bright Eyes and the Oberst LP....they got any extras at that store? haha

Nice! I'm pretty damn jealous...

yeah, i've been very lucky at that store to say the least.

I've gotten that, springsteen's the rising, eminem's the slim shady lp, and some other really great finds always at a great price over the past 2 years there.

the only petty album i need now is wallflowers.

Once found a copy of Thrice's Illusion of Safety on clear gold in the used bin for $8. Shop owner probably wasn't aware of what he had as the store was more into classic rock and that kind of stuff. I bought the album when it first came out on black vinyl but I never thought I'd get my hands on a gold one.

Was very happy to knock a long time want record off my list.

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever $15

Awesome condition too. Thanks Deep Groove

Great store! I've accidently bought Southern Accents there 2-3 times because I keep forgetting I have it. But Deep Groove rules. Great staff and I could always drop hundreds of dollars there if I was able.

My answer gives me a chance to ask a question I keep meaning to ask . . .

I got the Brand New / Safety in Numbers split for $4 in a used bin about seven years ago. As a bonus (or so I think), it appears to be signed by someone in the upper left hand corner. It doesn't look like any of the signatures I've seen on Brand New stuff, so maybe it's a Safety in Numbers member (or maybe its just a skribble, though I doubt it). Anyone have any thoughts on who this might be?

scannedimage63467.jpg

scannedimage60435.jpg

Was very happy to knock a long time want record off my list.

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever $15

Awesome condition too. Thanks Deep Groove

Makes me even more pissed that the one I scored on ebay like 4 years ago skips. Looks brand new everywhere, but throughout the first track it skips like crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

My most recent finds were 2 copies of Yellowcard's When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes still in shrink-wrap hidden in a used bin for $3 apiece, Bon Iver's Blood Bank for $6, A The Saddest Landscape/Trophy Scars split for $1, and The Story So Far/maker split for $2.50.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I found a first, first pressing promo for Bob Dylan self-titled. Original 6 eye label in MONO with promo stamps on the record lable and sleeve. The sleeve is in poor condition and barely held together at the edges. The vinyl has some surface marks but plays pretty good for a 50 year old release. The record itself states "nonbreakable" under the catalog number. Anyone know about this feature or bug? I am embarassed to say this was my first time hearing the record and this definitely put an uptick in my day. oh yea, $5.

Yesterday I found a first, first pressing promo for Bob Dylan self-titled. Original 6 eye label in MONO with promo stamps on the record lable and sleeve. The sleeve is in poor condition and barely held together at the edges. The vinyl has some surface marks but plays pretty good for a 50 year old release. The record itself states "nonbreakable" under the catalog number. Anyone know about this feature or bug? I am embarassed to say this was my first time hearing the record and this definitely put an uptick in my day. oh yea, $5.

If you're talking about this one: http://www.discogs.c...release/3548401 , then you've found a true gemm!!

It has been sold for beaucoup money: http://www.popsike.c...0676196225.html

Great album by the way!