Warped Tour 2012 thread

mclz

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

altho the real highlite of '09 for me.. was a huge group of kids from the CTska message board brought the hate mosh during attack attack's set.. and were head walking on all their fans, as well as doing amazing crab core dances... it was downright hilarious

picturing this is just fantastic. thank you, and +1!

YES!

Haven't been to Warped Tour since 2001...I would rather be at Fest.

I can't believe anyone over the age of 19 would go to this anymore. This shit is all terrible, even worse than most of the crap I hear about on this forum. I can't stand most of the music I listened to when I was 15. I certainly can't stand any of the music actual 15 year olds listen to now.

I'm over 19 and I like the tour alot. Variety and a good time. I dont let my own ego and other people ruin the good time I can have. Just like going to a fair, something you'll enjoy, somethings you wont, it wont stop me from going to see the things I will like and I love hearing new music and I love watching people play. I enjoy quite a bunch of music I listened to when I was 15. I wasn't an idiot kid and I liked that music for a reason. I feel sorry that the bands you did enjoy didn't make songs that were complex enough or even just joyful enough to keep you interested. Or even let you relive some childhood memories when picking that cd back up.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2083362

That makes me want to throw up.

More bands should be added tomorrow.

I dont like the idea of using kickstarter for this. But a few people have done this before. I remember a few kids who just randomly followed it and were selling t shirts and bracelets and stuff to fund the gas and food. It was really great to see raw video from some of the shows but on the other hand I dont feel people should have to fund it. I remember the days when I would go to 4+ dates back to back. Now I cant deal with more than 1 mainly due to the crowds, the heat, weird people asking to take pictures with me because I look like (Insert dude with large hair from some random Band here), and I just dont enjoy as many bands as I did back in the day. But I have alot of respect for a tour that stays so current while keeping bands like Bouncing Souls coming back every year.

fucking hilarious. i stopped going to AP when they were debating on who did the better cover of "your love"-a wilhelm scream and i see stars. the fact that there was a debate, alone, is enough to drive a music fan to insanity. what REALLY got me was that one dude said "AWS dude sounds like he's gargling gravel, and i like the polar bear club." fuck.that.dude.

fuck these dudes. we hand to mouthed it across the country selling $1 comps for years, and didn't have to ask stupid kids on a messageboard for a hand out to fund our vacation...

fuck these dudes. we hand to mouthed it across the country selling $1 comps for years, and didn't have to ask stupid kids on a messageboard for a hand out to fund our vacation...

i think it's hilarious how oblivious they are to how hypocritical the whole thing is 'yeah, we want to focus on how hard it is for smaller bands and how much they struggle to make ends meet, but we need you guys to just give us money and fund this documentary for us'

I skipped the Gorilla Biscuits reunion to take photos at the '06 boston one. I still regret it.

My memory is fucked but I think in 03 & 04 i saw Me First & Gimme Gimmes, AWK, Glassjaw, Face To Face, Brand New & Coheed on the side stages, Rancid and the transplants.

And Twiztid getting bottles thrown at him in Boston and then running into the crowd to chase a kid. Still one of the most epic performances Ive seen.

For me it's more about that I don't want to take a vacation day from work to go to warped tour. I love my vacation days to travel and do things out of the ordinary, and not something thats just meh. I went last year cuz the St. Louis date was on July 5th and I had the day off. Alkaline Trio, ETID, DEP, PBC, The Swellers were pretty much all I saw and the rest of the day was spent hanging out with a couple of my buds and trying to not get too hot/burned. When I was fresh out of high school we would be really excited and try to figure out how we wanted to see like 10 or some crazy crap, and anymore a lot of the music was just meh.

My predictions the rest of the way. Just based on how many bands the labels tend to put up and who has new stuff coming out soon or recently.

Alesana

A Skylit Drive

Audra Mae

August Burns Red

Big D and The Kids Table

Black Cards

D.R.U.G.S.

Flogging Molly

H2O

I Set My Friends On Fire

Kill The Client

New Found Glory

Pennywise

Set Your Goals

Social Distortion

Story of the Year

The Aquabats

The Architects

The Blackout

The Cab

The Creepshow

The Gaslight Anthem

Thursday

To Speak of Wolves

Unearth

My predictions the rest of the way. Just based on how many bands the labels tend to put up and who has new stuff coming out soon or recently.

Alesana

A Skylit Drive

Audra Mae

August Burns Red

Big D and The Kids Table

Black Cards

D.R.U.G.S.

Flogging Molly

H2O

I Set My Friends On Fire

Kill The Client

New Found Glory

Pennywise

Set Your Goals

Social Distortion

Story of the Year

The Aquabats

The Architects

The Blackout

The Cab

The Creepshow

The Gaslight Anthem

Thursday

To Speak of Wolves

Unearth

I'd go if some of the bands mentioned were there

Alesana

A Skylit Drive

Audra Mae

August Burns Red

Big D and The Kids Table

Black Cards

D.R.U.G.S.

Flogging Molly

H2O

I Set My Friends On Fire

Kill The Client

New Found Glory

Pennywise

Set Your Goals

Social Distortion

Story of the Year

The Aquabats

The Architects

The Blackout

The Cab

The Creepshow

The Gaslight Anthem

Thursday

To Speak of Wolves

Unearth

I'd go if some of the bands mentioned were there

I read somewhere that the 98 Warped Tour in Knoxville was the lowest grossing Warped to date. It never came back. I was in 8th grade listening to Limp Bizkit then.

dude! Limp Bizkit was playing Warped Tour in 1997 with the likes of Descendents, Pennywise, Reel Big Fish, Bosstones, Less Than Jake, etc.

Alesana

A Skylit Drive

Audra Mae

August Burns Red

Big D and The Kids Table

Black Cards

D.R.U.G.S.

Flogging Molly - Have been doing lots of headliner tours lately

H2O - Not really in the warped scene these days

I Set My Friends On Fire

Kill The Client

New Found Glory

Pennywise - Whole thing last year

Set Your Goals - Whole thing last year

Social Distortion - Too old for warped

Story of the Year

The Aquabats - Don't tour that much

The Architects

The Blackout

The Cab

The Creepshow

The Gaslight Anthem - Too popular right now

Thursday

To Speak of Wolves

Unearth

Although I'd love for those bands to prove me wrong.