Warped Tour 2012 thread

mclz

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being that i live in texas...fun fun fun fest has fill the hole in my life that warped tour used to occupy. i remember going to WT 3 years ago and just being utterly pissed at the fact that i was there.

WORD. i feel the exact same way. i will go to EVERY funfunfun fest from here on out.

I havent been since 03 so maybe its changed, but the fucking prices for water/drinks were unreal. It was over 100 degrees and they were charging 6 bucks for water that wasnt even a litre. BULLSHIT. Bands were pissed about it too.

Both Chicago and Milwaukee have water fountains. They are free. And you can bring in a water bottle to fill up at the water fountains.

I havent been since 03 so maybe its changed, but the fucking prices for water/drinks were unreal. It was over 100 degrees and they were charging 6 bucks for water that wasnt even a litre. BULLSHIT. Bands were pissed about it too.

Both Chicago and Milwaukee have water fountains. They are free. And you can bring in a water bottle to fill up at the water fountains.

No way, thats sweet. In 01 H2O hooked up a hose to give out free water to kids and then told to stop it. Luckily they kept it going. They dont hold Warped at that venue anymore :(

Having free admission is basically the only thing that keeps me going to warped tour. Last year was the best time I've ever had there. But I would never pay $50 to see a handful of bands I like play 25 minute sets in the blistering heat. And not to mention the food/water costs. Thankfully I was supplied that free of cost too. They really need to do something about the water situation.

went in 1999, never went back.

they dont post set times because bands play different slots every day, they rotate around, outside of the main headliners. it has nothing to do with not posting times so you show up early, it has everything to do with bands playing different times every day and it would be impossible to keep that updated and stop mass confusion.

i used to love warped.. went every year from the 2nd one until 2007.. missed '08, went to the CT date in '09, and then skipped this year. and from '97 until '05 i did at least a week of the tour.. usually more.

The quality has gone down drastically, and that not just a "i'm too old and don't get it" stance... but over the years i did get to see some amazing bands like Kids of Widney High, Bodycount (w/ jello biafra introducing them), the descendents, social distortion, all the Epi-Fat bands i loved, Avail, ozomatli... and stuff like eminem & black eyed peas... as well as meeting smaller bands i'd end up close friends with. Lately i've still had a lot of fun, and got to do things i'd consider highlites of my year (like in '09 we hung out on POS's tour bus, got to fuck with Buddy from senses fail, broke my record for sneaking people into warped tour... about 45 ;) , and got to have a drink and chat with El Hefe).. and there was actually enough bands to watch constantly to keep it interesting... but Lyman has really dumbed down the lineups to cater to the lowest common denominator.. which is really kinda sad.. i know thats what you gotta do to stay profitable... but it takes away alot of why this tour was so great.

i used to love warped.. went every year from the 2nd one until 2007.. missed '08, went to the CT date in '09, and then skipped this year. and from '97 until '05 i did at least a week of the tour.. usually more.

The quality has gone down drastically, and that not just a "i'm too old and don't get it" stance... but over the years i did get to see some amazing bands like Kids of Widney High, Bodycount (w/ jello biafra introducing them), the descendents, social distortion, all the Epi-Fat bands i loved, Avail, ozomatli... and stuff like eminem & black eyed peas... as well as meeting smaller bands i'd end up close friends with. Lately i've still had a lot of fun, and got to do things i'd consider highlites of my year (like in '09 we hung out on POS's tour bus, got to fuck with Buddy from senses fail, broke my record for sneaking people into warped tour... about 45 ;) , and got to have a drink and chat with El Hefe).. and there was actually enough bands to watch constantly to keep it interesting... but Lyman has really dumbed down the lineups to cater to the lowest common denominator.. which is really kinda sad.. i know thats what you gotta do to stay profitable... but it takes away alot of why this tour was so great.

I hear you completely having gone to warped from like 96-99 and seeing blink, reel big fish, deftones, civ, fishbone, avail, 7 seconds, descendents, less than jake, aquabats, kid rock before he broke, millencolin (etc etc etc etc) you get the idea.

being i think around the same age as you, perhaps my tolerance of heat, standing all day, kids running around, maybe even lack of interest in the bands, the quality of bands has just gotten less and less. Sure, its what peopel wanna see, and the age group that goes to that, but I havent been to WT since I think 2003.

If they had a warped tour of bands from the past, now there is something i would go to. Slap face to face, bosstones, bigwig, nofx, 2001 alkaline trio, suicide machines OG lineup, pre-2001 blink182, ten foot pole, social d, etc. I would be there at fucking 9am

I've run into this too... went to the one in Phoenix in 2004. It had fountains, but towards the end of the day (around 4-5 I think) they busted, pipes blew or something. Only option was to buy water for 4 bucks a bottle after that! It was especially blistering that day, too.

Still was an amazing day though, great lineup that year!

Guest errolwest
altho the real highlite of '09 for me.. was a huge group of kids from the CTska message board brought the hate mosh during attack attack's set.. and were head walking on all their fans, as well as doing amazing crab core dances... it was downright hilarious

picturing this is just fantastic. thank you, and +1!

I can't believe anyone over the age of 19 would go to this anymore. This shit is all terrible, even worse than most of the crap I hear about on this forum. I can't stand most of the music I listened to when I was 15. I certainly can't stand any of the music actual 15 year olds listen to now.

Not for me I guess. I've watched this awful scene unfold in front of me over the last few years and I just can't believe teenagers buy into this genre. If Warped wanted to stick to their roots, they'd be announcing bands like Tigers Jaw, Transit and Polar Bear Club headlining rather than shit like this ->

(Stereos are huge in Canada).