do you give your mail carrier a gift?

cesar11

Only time i ever didn't tip someone was when she told me and my friend to "keep it down". we weren't being loud, just talking about Bush and Christianitys fakeness in general.

and then she never asked if i wanted Dessert.

Bitch, I WANTED DESSERT.

No tip.

i usually tip min 20 unless you piss me off.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':kcdlba5h]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':kcdlba5h]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

It is the HOSPITALITY industry. People forget that. If you're not hospitable, you're not doing your job. Being in a tizzy about some other fuck tard that means absolutely nothing to me isn't very hospitable.

If you work in this industry, it's not about you, it's about the person you are in front of at any given instant. Not the person you were in front of an hour ago that left $2 on a $80 bill. I don't care about them. I care about me. And if you want me to care about you, I'd advise you care about me as well.

So the whole argument of letting bad situations get under your skin or not is moot. It's a job requirement. If you can't do it, you're in the wrong line of work and your pay will suffer because of it.

/discussion

i've only ever worked for low-mid range chain restaurants. you could be the best server and on time and prompt and still get stiffed because you didn't give them enough time after the salad or some bullshit. when they're yelling at you to get your food out of the window there's no waiting sometimes. it's an entire chain of command that gets taken out on the servers. the cooks fuck up, the preps fuck up, the bus boy fucks up, guess who gets blamed? they still get a higher wage and tipped out at the end of the night so i, as the server of your table, am responsible for all of them doing their jobs when it comes to me earning MY pay. it's bullshit and if you haven't done it you don't understand what it takes to serve you your food with a fucking smile man.

i will NEVER not tip a server at all because i know how it is. and i'm not even going to bullshit that i don't get in bad moods when i'm at work because i'm human. there are acceptable levels of indifference or bad mood at work once in awhile in my opinion. especially in the service industry.

i've only ever worked for low-mid range chain restaurants. you could be the best server and on time and prompt and still get stiffed because you didn't give them enough time after the salad or some bullshit. when they're yelling at you to get your food out of the window there's no waiting sometimes. it's an entire chain of command that gets taken out on the servers. the cooks fuck up, the preps fuck up, the bus boy fucks up, guess who gets blamed? they still get a higher wage and tipped out at the end of the night so i, as the server of your table, am responsible for all of them doing their jobs when it comes to me earning MY pay. it's bullshit and if you haven't done it you don't understand what it takes to serve you your food with a fucking smile man.

i will NEVER not tip a server at all because i know how it is. and i'm not even going to bullshit that i don't get in bad moods when i'm at work because i'm human. there are acceptable levels of indifference or bad mood at work once in awhile in my opinion. especially in the service industry.

I was a server at a bar/grill when I was in my early 20's. So I do understand.

As a patron, no, there are not acceptable levels if indifference or bad mood. I could easily eat, possibly better and undoubtedly cheaper, in the comfort of my own home. You go out not necessarily for the food, but for the ambiance and experience. If some bitchy server shows up at my table with her panties in a bunch because her manager gave her a slap on the wrist over nothing, that isn't much of an experience for me, now is it?

This is the way I feel. If you disagree, fine. Just hope you never have to bring me my food or beverages. From the sound of the places you work, I doubt that would ever happen anyway.

Love,

Bradley.

That's probably for the best because I don't really like waiting on entitled assholes. ;)

Love,

Amber

Entitled asshole. Lovely.

As a server, you're the liaison of the establishment. You're the point of contact between the patron, the management, the auxiliary staff, the chef and kitchen staff, and anyone else that works there. It is your job to make the impression and to embody whatever it is that establishment is attempting to convey. Is it fair that you get shit on if the bus boy gives me silverware with someone else's food stuck to it? Or that you have to do extra work because the cook didn't listen and put olives in my salad? No, it isn't. But that's part of the job. I'm paying for this, so I expect things to be a certain way. If that makes me an entitled asshole, then I am definitely that.

Funny how this is in a thread about taking extra care as a letter carrier. He/she, by all rights, could just put your precious vinyl on your step in direct sunlight or some other element. It's his job to drop it off at your house; nothing more. But yet we're talking about people that go that extra mile to do their job to the best of their abilities and being rewarded because of it.

Everyone is so hard done by. Waaahhhhh.

if servers at a restaurant think they're going to get a decent tip for mediocre to poor service they've got another thing coming.

bottom line: life is not fair. suck it up and put on a happy face for the 10 minutes you are actually in contact with me at a dining establishment, refill my drink if it needs it, bring me my check in a timely manner when i'm done, and you will get a good tip.

Seriously, how come drabley's custom title isn't "Official Board Asshole" yet? It's been, like, a year!

How am I an asshole, I'm curious.

What did I say that is incorrect or beyond the realm of expectation?

I don't normally agree with you, but everything you've said in this thread is correct.

I just ran into my mail person and she kept a package that I got from a friend and she kept it dry and in good condition for me. Then I realized that she always does this for me. Thinking of getting her a gift card of some sort.

How about you folks?

Now that you have gotten some fabulous feedback, what is your plan for the holiday RE: your mail person?

I just ran into my mail person and she kept a package that I got from a friend and she kept it dry and in good condition for me. Then I realized that she always does this for me. Thinking of getting her a gift card of some sort.

How about you folks?

Now that you have gotten some fabulous feedback, what is your plan for the holiday RE: your mail person?

Everyone has their own opinions on this, obviously. Whether or not I agree with them, I still respect them. For me personally, I'll still give her a gift card as a token of MY appreciation. I was curious as to what others thought of this and godDAMN.

if servers at a restaurant think they're going to get a decent tip for mediocre to poor service they've got another thing coming.

bottom line: life is not fair. suck it up and put on a happy face for the 10 minutes you are actually in contact with me at a dining establishment, refill my drink if it needs it, bring me my check in a timely manner when i'm done, and you will get a good tip.

I agree with this and alot of what drabley said. I worked in the food industry for a long time. it can suck, but there are always worse jobs....

My mail ladies rule. I've gotten to know them so well they're cool with opening up the door and throwing the record on the recliner right by the door.

When I first told Susan (the one main mail lady) to do that, she said, "Oh no no no...that's intruding!" and I said, "If there are no cars in the driveway, go for it! You can have whatever you want in that house, just not my record, turntable, or stereo!"

She's cool as hell.

I'd like to get her/them something nice, but what the fuck do mail women want? I just can't afford Mel Gibson.

I didn't read this entire thread, but motherfuck any piece of shit who doesn't tip a restaurant worker, even if they didn't do so good at their job. Unless you see them obviously ignoring you or straight up not serving you or something like that, there is no excuse. Tip poorly, fine. People who do not tip are the fucking worst scum ever.