Castevet changes name to CSTVT, new 7"

Very stoked for these new Castevet (or CSTVT if I must...) records!

Really wish I could get my hands on a tour 7" out here in Arizona.

Never had any trouble with this label either, and as a label operator myself, I can relate to "shit happening" for sure. Stoked for future releases.

Very stoked for these new Castevet (or CSTVT if I must...) records!

Really wish I could get my hands on a tour 7" out here in Arizona.

Never had any trouble with this label either, and as a label operator myself, I can relate to "shit happening" for sure. Stoked for future releases.

Thank you. I am the first to admit I have been terrrrrrribly unorganized with mailorder in the past, far past the point of 'shit happening', but it is my top priority in life pretty much at this point, has been for a while and will remain that way until I find the right person to hire full time.

I like your label too :) bummed about those Algernon 7"s going missing earlier this year. The worst! You guys put out awesome stuff consistently and I think that can only be said for a few labels.

Yeah all this Run For Cover bitching and moaning is ridiculous. It's like some of their customers have never preordered a record before.

Like I said, I don't think that's what people are saying negative things about, especially considering our pre-order wait times have gone from a few months to a few weeks. But ALSO like I said, I am pretty damn good at mailorder these days 8-)

Yeah all this Run For Cover bitching and moaning is ridiculous. It's like some of their customers have never preordered a record before.

I'm not taking either side in this debate. I've ordered plenty of times from run for cover and i've never had a problem. Pre-orders get delayed, it happens and usually its out of the labels control. I also won't deny that it seems to have gotten a lot better over the course of this year.

My only complaint really is the lack of communication (mailorder and in general). I feel like if you keep everyone very informed as to what is going on they are a lot less likely to bitch. Take Deathwish for example, when the jane doe pre-orders got delayed they were keeping everyone updated with the what, why, how and when of everything going on.

When the transit lp's got delayed, i emailed about 4 or 5 different times between august and october and never received 1 email back. I also remember seeing in the transit thread RFC saying any email sent would be responded to that day(not that i absolutely expect an answer same day as i send an email, just saying). I know we got updates saying oh there was a delay, these should be shipping really soon, or in a few weeks, etc. But we never really were being told why they were delayed, or what exactly was going on. Its frustrating thats all.

I'm not taking either side in this debate. I've ordered plenty of times from run for cover and i've never had a problem. Pre-orders get delayed, it happens and usually its out of the labels control. I also won't deny that it seems to have gotten a lot better over the course of this year.

My only complaint really is the lack of communication (mailorder and in general). I feel like if you keep everyone very informed as to what is going on they are a lot less likely to bitch. Take Deathwish for example, when the jane doe pre-orders got delayed they were keeping everyone updated with the what, why, how and when of everything going on.

When the transit lp's got delayed, i emailed about 4 or 5 different times between august and october and never received 1 email back. I also remember seeing in the transit thread RFC saying any email sent would be responded to that day(not that i absolutely expect an answer same day as i send an email, just saying). I know we got updates saying oh there was a delay, these should be shipping really soon, or in a few weeks, etc. But we never really were being told why they were delayed, or what exactly was going on. Its frustrating thats all.

If you emailed me 5 times within a short period of time and didn't get a response, I am simply not getting your emails. My inbox is the first and last thing I see everyday of my life, I wouldn't miss that. With that said sometimes instead of responding to ten emails asking the same thing, I just send out an update to every single person that ordered the delayed item. I think that's just as informative as a personal email.

Point being, I think the days of Transit esque delays are over. We are finally at a point where I don't need the pre-order money to make initial payments on releases, so like I said, pre-order waits shouldn't be more than a few weeks. Even Fireworks 7" pre-orders being a month is a little long I think but we didn't really have a choice.

If you emailed me 5 times within a short period of time and didn't get a response, I am simply not getting your emails. My inbox is the first and last thing I see everyday of my life, I wouldn't miss that. With that said sometimes instead of responding to ten emails asking the same thing, I just send out an update to every single person that ordered the delayed item. I think that's just as informative as a personal email.

Point being, I think the days of Transit esque delays are over. We are finally at a point where I don't need the pre-order money to make initial payments on releases, so like I said, pre-order waits shouldn't be more than a few weeks. Even Fireworks 7" pre-orders being a month is a little long I think but we didn't really have a choice.

I can understand just sending out an update instead of responding to a ton of emails asking the same thing. I believe the first email I sent was before the initial update of the delay, and the second one may have been before you sent out an update again. But the last 2 or 3 were because i wanted to add stuff to my order and since it hadn't shipped yet i figured it'd be easier to do that than place a separate order. No big deal, just didn't end up ordering those items. But i'm glad to hear things should be going more smoothly now

show last night was soooo good. CSTVT were great and super nice dudes, too. i got teased while purchasing multiple copies of the 7" that i was just throwing 'em on ebay. EBAY GOOOOOLD!

i haven't listened to it yet cuz i got home late last night, but they look awesome:

[image]

show last night was soooo good. CSTVT were great and super nice dudes, too. i got teased while purchasing multiple copies of the 7" that i was just throwing 'em on ebay. EBAY GOOOOOLD!

i haven't listened to it yet cuz i got home late last night, but they look awesome:

[image]

Those look amazing!

Are those the test pressing deals?

P.S. These are up at the Run For Cover store!

• 3 weeks later...