Skrillex- Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites | GID /500

shley

one time, before a show, i saw this total douche bag walking around at the 7-11 down the street from the venue i was heading to. the dude was tiny, wearing a huge clock necklace, and the lamest clothes ever. i made fun of said dude.

later on, from first to last walked on stage. said "dude" was sonny. this dude has always, and will always, suck so much. i'm so glad he's wrapped his grubby paws around the latest shitty trend to invade music.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and made a decent album of said shitty trend.

I'll be the first to say dubstep is fucking retarded, and it's not very good for the most part.

I'm not a big fan of any band in the genre aside from Skrillex. He sucks, sure, but his music is pretty damn good.

i personally can't get past the point that i feel like i'm just listening to really strategically placed annoying noises. i think it's just the way my brain is wired. no hate. it's just weird that sonny is now doing dubstep. i also hate the band name.

i do want to say that i appreciate your mature response!

Well thank you! I understand that some people just don't like dubstep or just electronic music in general and that's cool.

But yes, the dude is lame and it is weird. If it sucked I'd say something like "Dude is jumping on the bandwagon"

but he's actually pretty good at it, better than any other dubstep artist I've heard. At least he practiced or learned or something, haha.

Probably gonna have to get this. Anybody know of any other dubstep vinyl? Limited or not I'm not really sure where to look for it...

Dubstep was born out of London DJ culture, so most actual dubstep artists have a few 12"s out. Check Turntable Lab, or maybe Insound?

Based on Youtube samples, I would consider Skrillex to be more bro-step, pretty standard dance music with just enough wobbles and drops thrown in there for people to go apeshit over it. I don't really get it, this guy is really not special aside from the fact that he used to be in a shitty band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':wg9vn5g9]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':wg9vn5g9]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else