Gaslight Anthem EP on Amazon MP3 download

Guest baseball
because the money isn't going to the label. are you really that dense?

He already bought 2 copies of the record. That's twice as much money as most people are even going to give to the label.

Pick your battles, he's certainly not the bad guy here. 1000 other people are gonna download this without giving a cent to the label.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because the money isn't going to the label. are you really that dense?

He already bought 2 copies of the record. That's twice as much money as most people are even going to give to the label.

Pick your battles, he's certainly not the bad guy here. 1000 other people are gonna download this without giving a cent to the label.

Thank you! I don't get what the big deal is. I payed quite alot for both records aswell because I live in the U.K.

I'm not trying to take the moral highground on the downloading issue but I do have to draw a line somewhere.

I think that if you like a band and want to support the label you should purchase the MP3s. Sabot does some great work and releases some great CDs so I am more than happy to support them. Will I be buying the MP3s? Nope. Did I buy two copies of the record? Yup.

While I may not download the MP3s I certainly will not put them up for free download either.

I download every album I buy on vinyl. I still paid for the music. How is it any different than copying a cd onto your computer?

That's different.

I think that making music available for free online for anyone to download it who has not purchased the record is stealing.

So you'd be ok with it if someone who bought the 7"s downloaded it for free and PMd it to others who bought the 7"? That way it wouldn't be available for everyone.

i think the idea of having to pay for mp3s of an album youve bought on vinyl or cd is insane. when you purchase a cd/vinyl youre buying the music ALONG WITH the packaging it comes with/on. the packaging is worth nothing if there is no music. paying for mp3 downloads is only practical for people who dont give a shit about format. they dont care about packaging, lyrics sheets or any of that.

if this kid bought the cd from sabot, and was pissed about how long it was taking and decided to d/l a copy of the record just to hold him over would you be freaking out like you are? because you know damn well the first thing anyone who buys the cd is going to do is rip it onto their itunes and put it on their ipod. i cant justify paying an additional $10 [average] just for the convenience of carrying the music along with me. ripping the vinyl is almost the same damn thing.

i bought two copies of this record. i will be downloading it when i can. and when i see them next, i will purchase a cd from them.

i bought a cd and the 7" because i knew i'd want it on the ipod, but i'll admit after i got the LP i also downloaded it for the same reason. i have no problem with that.

but we all know that downloading is stealing. if we're all honest with ourselves then you know it is -- you're getting something for nothing.