Gatsbys American Dream first two albums

Why aren't they pressing the good Gatsby's album?

I mean who doesn't want the next ten releases from a label you know nothing about and has never had any other releases.

Note that "the next ten releases" in the subscription packages includes all three colorways of both LPs, so six of those ten are gone right off the bat. If they release another LP on four colors, that's all you're getting. Three records for $160-1500. Steal.

Would back greatly if I could get the rarest color without the subscription crap. I can't even buy the /300 colors without buying the out /500. Give me the option of paying $25 for the rare one and you've got a deal.

And I personally don't think they can sell 1000 of each of these albums, especially Why We Fight. I even think they would have a tough time selling 1000 of Volcano.

I'm still very confused. So $18 for either record or $36 for both on the least rare versions or something? I think I may just wait for it to be up for order. I really enjoyed Ribbons and Sugar, but Why We Fight...well it was a first album. If this was for Volcano, they'd have their $5k by now.

Yeah, I've been reading the comments from the this guy, and apparently his goal is to release all of the Gatsby albums on vinyl. But my guess is he's having a rough time getting the licensing from Fearless for the 2 albums. But I'll buy Ribbons and Sugar as well as the Ep. I don't know if I'll do this kickstarter, I may just way for the physical release. If he had an actual schedule of what the 10 releases were, the 1st 3 being the 2 albums and the 1 ep, and then the 2 other albums if he gets the right, it might actually be tempting to pay it forward...although at the same time I don't like the idea of giving them so much up front when they're such a new label.

Definitely waiting to buy after this kickstarter campaign, though I feel bad for all those putting money in this and they get the least rare variant.

Also weird that you out of the 200 rare variant, only 8 have been claimed by "subscribers" paying $160+. Does he expect 192 more people to pony up that amount of cash just to get the rare color since he's claiming that's the only way to get it.

Again, I really feel bad for those who are supporting this type of campaign and the "rewards" for doing so.

It'd be nice for the guy to put up a list of releases he wishes to release that way you at least have an idea as to where the label is going. Rather than being like "well he's trying to release all the Gatsby Albums that must mean I'll like the other releases!" Which is why i think he wont even break 20 subscriptions.

• 1 month later...
And to think, these high prices all just for some sick, depraved charitable cause chosen by Gatsbys.

Oh yeah, the rarer colors are now available for pre-order.

http://overduecollection.limitedpressing.com

when are these expected to ship? or at least what is the release date?

and just because you're donating money from record sales to charity doesn't justify the high price tag. $18 is ridiculous. I've seen small labels license albums, press them on 180 gram in gatefold jackets and sell them for cheaper, after shipping.

I expect these to ship in two months or less. I'm sending the master for lacquering next week, then it's off to the plant. Still selling a ton of my personal belongings to pay for the jackets and the booklets, but it will be very worth it to see these pressed.

The $18 price tag is simply to raise more for charity. The more money we donate, the more we can help Water.Org and their cause. Paying a little extra for a high-quality release so that significantly more people can drink clean water is a fair trade-off.