Goldfinger - We keep embarrassing ourselves

dante3000

Just got this from the intertubes:

GOLDFINGER SET TO RELEASE "HELLO DESTINY" april 22

Los Angeles, CA - Feb. 14, 2008 - Goldfinger one of So Cal's favorite ska punk originators is back with Hello Destiny. Since 1995 Goldfinger has been rocking the scene with their highly energetic and raucous live show. Fronted by well known producer (The Used, Story of the Year) and songwriter John Feldmann the band returns to a sound reminiscent of their self-titled gold record, Goldfinger (1995). Hello Destiny churns out a fierce blast of ska-reggae tinged punk rock tunes and is set for release on SideOneDummy Records on April 22. Hello Destiny also marks the return of original guitarist Charlie Paulsen who left the band in 1999. Darren Pfeiffer continues his Keith Moon style playing and live show antics (we'll see if he decides to pick up any late night talk show hosts and throw them over his back). Kelly LeMieux rounds out the line up with his forceful and thunderous bass lines! Summer Tour dates will be announced soon

I caught them live a few years back (awesome show), wish I could say I was stoked.

theyre supposed to tour this summer with less than jake. last i saw them they played with reel big fish. charlies first tour since re-joining the band and the didnt play anything off of disconnection notice or open your eyes. needless to say it was a good show. if they do go back to that old sound ill be stoked.

another new signing of side one dummy that goes back to their original sound. eg the bosstones, suicide machines, mxpx, slick shoes and who knows who else.

i remember seeing these guys at a festival in cleveland in 96' or 97' on a side stage. one of my better concert moments.

havent really listened to anything after hangups. have to give the new one a listen to.

its funny cuz when my wife and i started going out i would try to ween her from her christian and country music ways to listen to more punk rock music.......needless to say her musical style has changed but she like anything after hangups when im the opposite.

Haha wow. Good for them, I guess. I definitely saw them 10+ times over about 3 or 4 years in the mid-90s. The first album was great. Second one pretty good. After that I have absolutely no idea. I do remember going with a bunch of people up to see them play this festival in Rockford (along with the Mr. T Experience, Groovie Ghoulies, and a bunch of local bands) and this one girl we were with (who was like 16) definitely got a backstage pass from the lead singer, who wanted to nail her. Creepy.

Haha wow. Good for them, I guess. I definitely saw them 10+ times over about 3 or 4 years in the mid-90s. The first album was great. Second one pretty good. After that I have absolutely no idea. I do remember going with a bunch of people up to see them play this festival in Rockford (along with the Mr. T Experience, Groovie Ghoulies, and a bunch of local bands) and this one girl we were with (who was like 16) definitely got a backstage pass from the lead singer, who wanted to nail her. Creepy.

I was at that show! I got there right as MTX were finishing their set; I got Joel to autograph my shirt. Totally lame, I know, but I was 16. I also saw Goldfinger pull up in a tiny-ass rental car before the show, too, which was kind of funny. They sounded great, though.