Urban Outfitters Clearance (and Stealing Stuff)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the times the records are marked down in the computer, just the store hasn't found the time to take the sticker machine and physically mark them. If you see something on here you want, you can take it to the cash and the price will probably be the marked down one.

this.

also a lot of times there will be a stack of markdown vinyl somewhere in the hell that is the clearance section.

after records have been on clearance for a while, what UO does is asks the employees to pull ones that hadnt sold and send them back. thats probably why you guys arent finding much on clearance.

if one or two slip through the cracks, it will ring up as 10 cents. if thats the case, depending on the employee, they will either not sell it to you, or will sell it to you for 4.99.

• 2 months later...

Checked what my store had today and noticed they were having a 50% off clearance items, so I picked up these for 5 bucks each.

The Rapture- In The Grace Of Your Love

The Clash - Self Titled

Elliot Smith - Self Titled

Wild Flag - Self Titled

Dum Dum Girls - Only In Dreams

Zola Jesus - Conatus

Tune Yards - Whokill

THe Kinks - Kinda Kinks

shit, good time to hit UO. I wish they were closer to home.

to the person complaining about a major retailer selling major label shit for $20, welcome to record buying. this has always been the case. everyone here is excited for the clearance prices otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. I can't believe someone is talking about supporting an indie label when the prices of these records listed are $10 or less. it's the same reason people get so worked up over Hot Topic clearance sales. everyone bitches about buying vinyl from them until the major clearance sales they always have.

for those that don't know City Of Ships, get into it.

http://soundstudyrecordings.com

my only gripe is that the record and all their other releases were pressed at United. but for $12, you do get a great album for next to nothing and a digital download.

and new Averkiou in 2012! :D

I picked up Washed Out - Within and Without (White Vinyl) at UO today for 9.99, not a huge savings considering invinylwetrust has it for 14.99 but still psyched.

Can't think of a record I've played more this year than Within and Without. So good. I have it on blue and it looks really nice with the album art :)

I picked up Washed Out - Within and Without (White Vinyl) at UO today for 9.99, not a huge savings considering invinylwetrust has it for 14.99 but still psyched.

Can't think of a record I've played more this year than Within and Without. So good. I have it on blue and it looks really nice with the album art :)

really is a great album. and the previous two are just as solid.

hopefully my local uo has them.