PO: Fucked Up Coke Sucks LIVE LP 900 only

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just so everybody knows....this isn't a new Practice for Chunklet. Their last limited edition record they did was the Zach Galifinakas/Ted Leo split and it was the same way, gotta order something else with it....not sure why everybody is whining so much, it's not like they're forcing you purchase crap...just about everything on the site is pretty damned awesome

Here's the latest email from Chunklet:

"Hey everybody.

So first off, thanks for showing interest in the Fucked Up 12" I'm releasing. Secondly, I've run into a bit of a problem.

Although I made it pretty darned clear on the site that the record was available only with purchase of something else, you all (there's over 50 of you, if you can believe it) failed to do so. Now, originally I'd just go with what I also put on the site which is your order would be voided and you wouldn't be notified. However, theres OVER FIFTY of you that couldn't read, and well, some of you order from the site often and I want everybody to be happy. Not angry.

Now, again, I'm trying to help you here. The records will sell, I'm not worried about that. I just need you to know that another item needs to be purchased in order.

So I'm giving you until Monday. Find something other than the FU 12" to purchase, paypal me the price of it and we're done.

If you don't, I'll just refund your order. Simple as that.

So please, when you paypal me, try to include the order # in the subject line to help me out. Put yourself in my position. It's just going to get nutty.

That's it. And again, thanks.

h2o"

He could have marked up each LP 500%, he could have made us buy 2 other items to "qualify" to buy the Fucked Up record; there are a lot of things he "could have" done but he didn't just put it up for a price and sell it to the FIFTY people that didn't see/understand the stipulation. It would seem to me that if FIFTY people failed to understand the way you do business, you are either doing business wrong or not explaining yourself very clearly. That being said, I am not trying to bitch and moan, I'm not looking to insult the dude or call anyone out, I just want to get the refund, forget about the album entirely, and move on.

He could have marked up each LP 500%, he could have made us buy 2 other items to "qualify" to buy the Fucked Up record; there are a lot of things he "could have" done but he didn't just put it up for a price and sell it to the FIFTY people that didn't see/understand the stipulation. It would seem to me that if FIFTY people failed to understand the way you do business, you are either doing business wrong or not explaining yourself very clearly. That being said, I am not trying to bitch and moan, I'm not looking to insult the dude or call anyone out, I just want to get the refund, forget about the album entirely, and move on.

this

"However, theres OVER FIFTY of you that couldn't read, and well, some of you order from the site often and I want everybody to be happy. Not angry."

i think that was pretty shitty of mr. h2o

thats definitely not a positive mental attitude dude

I don't think it's silly at all. I disagree with the business practice of forcing someone to buy something that one may not want in order to qualify to purchase something else, especially when the rarest color available is already being marked up as it is. So what's next? Collectors will pay more for the "rarer" variant as well as having to buy other items from the store AND maybe pay an extra 5 bucks for a padded envelope? Maybe charge an extra couple bucks for a download code instead of including it free with the record like so many distros currently do? There is no end to the scheming and bilking that can be done to get every extra penny from collectors. All I'm saying is that I am choosing to not support it now before it becomes standard practice.

Fuck this shit. I got the email and as an "international" order, he wants not only wants me to order another item but throw in double the postage.

I will definitely take the refund.

$50 magazines, comedy albums and cds. Yeah, I can safely say I have never seen a webstore with so much shit I don't want.

I can live without a live album.

I am refraining from nerd raging all over this thread because really who wants to read my Wall of text just talking shit?

I am just going to download this and burn it to a disk and forget all about the fact this guy is selling an official bootleg quality record for stupid amounts of money.

edit: Here is the back in forth I had with h20

:D: Refund

???: Done

:D: no its not.

???: It won't until Monday. Credit card refunds are outside of my control. Please let me know if it's not by then.

:D: Maybe you shouldn't say its done than. Might give people the wrong impression.

???: Sorry, I meant it's done on my end. I certainly apologize for the miscommunication.

LOL this guy is a nerd I almost want to buy some shitty 7" from some marginally successful millennial based comedian just so I can keep my order..oh well.

LOL this guy is a nerd I almost want to buy some shitty 7" from some marginally successful millennial based comedian just so I can keep my order..oh well.

When you say marginally successful do you mean Grammy-nominated comedian Patton Oswalt or are you referring to Zach Galifinakas who is hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend?

When you say marginally successful do you mean Grammy-nominated comedian Patton Oswalt or are you referring to Zach Galifinakas who is hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend?

Neither of those guys aren't all that funny anyway.