Record Storage other than Expedit?

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend something other than the expedit to store records in a nice way. I have no problem with Ikea furniture other than that there are no Ikeas within a reasonable distance from where i live and shipping is too much.

I'm getting ready to move to a new place and want to store my records in the living room. So whatever i store them on needs to look decent, cause what I have them on now is not living room worthy...

I searched through a lot of the "Post your Record Storage Area" thread but didn't really see much other than expedits...

Can anyone recommend something I might find at target or home depot or lowes that works? Thanks!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':c2ck4e0t]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':c2ck4e0t]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

If you're somewhat handy, maybe you could build your own.

This. I built my own about 5 months ago and honestly it's pretty comparable to an Expedit. Any Home Depot will custom cut/break plywood into your desired dimensions and from there it's just a matter of knowing how to assemble together an open ended box with a couple shelves. All together with purchasing/assembling/staining/allowing it to dry it took about 5 hours. And cost me about $50.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm not much of a handyman myself, but my grandfather is a genius with that stuff. i drew up some plans that i'll take to him later this week but i described it to him and he thinks he can build it pretty easily...

It's really the best route if you're looking to get something on the cheap, one sheet of good quality plywood should do the trick if you plan it right and of course depending on the size, but I was able to build a 3 15''x15'' shelf with just a single sheet and had plenty of leftover. Good luck!

[image]

Bad picture of my assembled but unfinished shelf.

I want one of these so bad:

http://www.atochadesign.com/

Too bad they START at $5k.

I'd rather have the McIntosh gear.

+1 buddy!! I can only dream of some day owning some McIntosh gear.

As to the OP, I currently use these:

http://www.target.com/Large-Divided-Cube-Black/dp/B000O1APF0/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

well it looks like they are out of stock currently. But I have been using those for years, and they fit LP's perfectly. I just pick up more as I run out of room. Very stackable and durable.