Set Sale, lots of different stuff

mountainman

Can you not get your money back if it's filed as a gift? I Pm'd this guy on the first day about the get up kids records and he never answered which wAs sketchy enough for me to not pursue.

Not unless the seller refunds you themselves. Sending as a gift waives seller fees, but you're pretty much out of luck if something goes wrong.

I'll send as a gift if I know or trust the seller.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that dude was also selling Native's 'We Delete; Erase" EP. almost bit on it. i wonder if anyone did.

I bit on it. I'll have to be filing a claim. Glad i didn't do it as a gift.

biggest bummer ever. $35? that's what he told me the highest bid was. i wanted this bad too, i just can't afford a buy like that till next month. hope it all goes smoothly!

biggest bummer ever. $35? that's what he told me the highest bid was. i wanted this bad too, i just can't afford a buy like that till next month. hope it all goes smoothly!

Yep that was me. I've been dying to get this on vinyl, but after reading everything being said here it's not looking good. I hope so. He said he sent it thursday. We shall see.

i'd say give it a solid week before filing the claim. you have 45 days from the transaction, and if you end up getting the record, you don't want to jump the gun!

True, but a good Paypal hu$tla would spend or pull the $$$ immediately from the Paypal AND linked bank accounts, so, even if you filed a claim and won, there would be no money to reimburse you.

i'd say give it a solid week before filing the claim. you have 45 days from the transaction, and if you end up getting the record, you don't want to jump the gun!

True, but a good Paypal hu$tla would spend or pull the $$$ immediately from the Paypal AND linked bank accounts, so, even if you filed a claim and won, there would be no money to reimburse you.

oh shoot! i didn't realize that paypal didn't back or insure things up to the 45 day period to avoid this. that's a bummer.

out of curiosity...did anyone else bid/pay for guk- eudora and on a wire? thats what I paid him for and I'm just wondering if he took payment from multiple people on some of these...and I think someone's watching out for me because this actually the first time in months I've sent funds from my paypal balance as opposed to as a gift...still want these GUK records though :(

I filed a dispute, and will escalate to a claim in the next couple of days

If I get my money back, and he ends up sending the records (which I doubt) I will gladly send him the funds back.

Right after I made a dispute, it said he couldn't respond so it asked if I wanted to update to a claim which I did. Most likely he already took the money and ran.

I filed a dispute, and will escalate to a claim in the next couple of days

If I get my money back, and he ends up sending the records (which I doubt) I will gladly send him the funds back.

Right after I made a dispute, it said he couldn't respond so it asked if I wanted to update to a claim which I did. Most likely he already took the money and ran.

what email did he use? mines was [email protected] or some shit, and didnt show me that message, but i went ahead and escalated immediately.

what email did he use? mines was [email protected] or some shit, and didnt show me that message, but i went ahead and escalated immediately.

[email protected]

sent the $$$ to [email protected] as well, filed a claim today.

yeah lesson learned to myself. i won't be sending as a gift anymore.

i didnt "buy" anything here but being new here and not knowing anyone i need to be more careful as i always send as a gift.

it happens on the poster forum, rarely, but still when it does it is sometimes for 300-1000 dollar posters. i guess i am more cautious with big ticket stuff, but honestly should be cautious no matter what!

sorry to all those that got burned. is it possible for the mods to ban this guy or his ip or something? get this kinda trash out of the board.