ShureM97xE

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006I5SB/ref=ox_ya_os_product

just caved on this from amazon.com. i'm hoping it's a decent upgrade from my Ortofon but we'll see. this is probably the lowest price i've noticed it at so hopefully someone else was waiting for it to drop before the $80-90 range and can pick this up now.

$54.95 with free shipping.

I bought this cartridge with the intention of putting it on my old record player. I ended up just getting a debut III and I am now using the stock Ortofon. Is it worth switching it up and risk not having it aligned right? Is the sound going to be that much different?

just align it using the protractor it comes with.

• 1 month later...
I bought this cartridge with the intention of putting it on my old record player. I ended up just getting a debut III and I am now using the stock Ortofon. Is it worth switching it up and risk not having it aligned right? Is the sound going to be that much different?

Bumping because I have the same question. I'm using the stock Ortofon on my P1 and am wondering if anyone has made the change from that cartridge to the Shure. Any noticeable improvement?

My copy of Mercury Program's All The Suits Began To Fall Off has the scraping like no other which sucks because they have a lot of quiet dynamics and that scraping is louder than any other scraping I've ever heard on a record. Anybody else have this record with this problem? I'm thinking about just picking up another copy.

My copy of Mercury Program's All The Suits Began To Fall Off has the scraping like no other which sucks because they have a lot of quiet dynamics and that scraping is louder than any other scraping I've ever heard on a record. Anybody else have this record with this problem? I'm thinking about just picking up another copy.

yep. i just bought that recently off discogs from the label. sounds like it's been sitting on a shelf for a very long time.