Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazon must've been sold out, so i bought from soundstage.

pretty happy about this, even though it is my least favorite MM record, it's value will probably skyrocket again once this "found" box sells out.

I ordered from soundstagedirect as well. but this is my favorite record from modest mouse...i have been wanting it for years...

I am pretty excited about this and will definitely order a copy, but there is no way this is old stock. Best Buy, SSD and Amazon have it? Best Buy for crying out loud.

thats what i was thinking.

I'm not entirely sure how distribution works with the big labels, but is it possible the label/distributer had a few hundred lying around and sent them out to a few different stores? Perhaps in preparation for an imminent reissue? When I think about the amount of press for the Moon and Antarctica reissue (and even The Fruit that Ate Itself, etc.), I can't imagine them just sort of leaking out a reissue of the band's most popular album. Plus, Amazon sold out in a couple of days and, per the comments earlier in this thread, SSD just "got a box" of them. I mean, they weren't even sure how to price them. Stores know when a reissue is coming and they all seemed as blindsided as us by this one. Either way, it's a strange situation.

i have april 13-20. which is on point with the 7-10 day shipping it quoted. maybe i should pick up another from ssd to be safe?

I think the 7-10 day shipping time usually means how long it takes once it has went out. Well, that's usually how things are that I order from Amazon. If I don't get it, it's whatever, not the end of the world.

i have april 13-20. which is on point with the 7-10 day shipping it quoted. maybe i should pick up another from ssd to be safe?

That's what I did. I don't think I'll have a problem finding someone that wants my extra if it ends up that way.

ill def. buy one if you end up with an extra. sucks reading this thread knowing i cant afford it at the moment.