Anyone looking for anything from Hot Topic?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be quite a few going up on HT.com soon

Any chance you can be more specific? A day and exact time would be preferable ;)

Vinyl that has a specific street date should be going up on that date. The Coheed streets on 4/5 so Id assume it will be up that morning. It might go up before that, I really dont know. I dont control any of that.

As far as I know, the site gets updated with new product once a day which is usually every morning. I have no idea exactly what time that is.

So Travis, do you hold any sway over whether certain HT locations sell vinyl? Or is that out of your scope of influence? Or, is it possible to ask my HT to stock an upcoming record, like the upcoming (+44) release, despite them not stocking new stuff?

Not really something I control. If they dont carry vinyl then they wont be getting it. You can always order things from the touch screen kiosks in your local store and have it shipped there for $1.

So Travis, do you hold any sway over whether certain HT locations sell vinyl? Or is that out of your scope of influence? Or, is it possible to ask my HT to stock an upcoming record, like the upcoming (+44) release, despite them not stocking new stuff?

Not really something I control. If they dont carry vinyl then they wont be getting it. You can always order things from the touch screen kiosks in your local store and have it shipped there for $1.

Alright, thanks.

Any chance you can be more specific? A day and exact time would be preferable ;)

Vinyl that has a specific street date should be going up on that date. The Coheed streets on 4/5 so Id assume it will be up that morning. It might go up before that, I really dont know. I dont control any of that.

As far as I know, the site gets updated with new product once a day which is usually every morning. I have no idea exactly what time that is.

Specifics! Thank you!

Even if today is Wednesday, April 6th. Maybe it sold out already...

Specifics! Thank you!

Even if today is Wednesday, April 6th. Maybe it sold out already...

haha Duh! Sorry I wasnt even thinking about what the date was today. I feel dumb.

Anyways, it hasnt gone up yet. Keep an eye on the site each morning. It should be up there any day now.

Yeah he flat out told me. I just said "thats cool man." I'm a guy who rarely EVER gets mad or angry but this dude pushed me just a little bit. Conversation went something like this..

Me: "Hey dude I called in earlier about a Thrice boxset, just wondering if you still had it"

Mr. Dick: "Sorry man, I looked up what they go for on Ebay so I picked it up to make a few bucks"

Me: "Really, haha, ok, thats cool"

Mr. Dick "Yeah"

Was this in Houston?

Yeah he flat out told me. I just said "thats cool man." I'm a guy who rarely EVER gets mad or angry but this dude pushed me just a little bit. Conversation went something like this..

Me: "Hey dude I called in earlier about a Thrice boxset, just wondering if you still had it"

Mr. Dick: "Sorry man, I looked up what they go for on Ebay so I picked it up to make a few bucks"

Mr. Dick "Yeah"

. . . .

Wow. I wouldn't have handled that situation as nicely as you did. Unfortunately, I am very confrontational, but only when someone is doing something flat out wrong or being an asshole. Since you already called, he shouldn't have done that but I guess you didn't ask to put it on hold or anything. I not into Thrice but point is, that dudes a complete ass.

^I live in the town right next Freehold. Every now and then I might go there to see if there are any of these Epitaph exclusives and other stuff people talk about in these HT threads....they don't have anything good. Only good thing I ever got their was Unicornography when it came it. If the 1 out of 100 chance they have some Epitaph titles (mainly AOCTW on red) let me know.

Mr. Dick "Yeah"

. . . .

Oof. That's rough dude. I wouldn't know how to react to that either.

I'm surprised Travis hasn't weighed in on this. Not only does this employee make HT look bad for just flat out telling a customer that they can't have an item because HT employees come first it cuts into the company's bottom line with the employee discount. Not to mention that he also admitted to being a profiteering record flipper using his access as an employee for profit.

This reminds me of something similar that happened when I ran a record store. I had one of our better customers come in. This guy would buy anything I told him to and spend 3-figures on every single trip. I got him into Mastodon and he asked if they had anything on vinyl. I told him I doubted it cause I was looking for it constantly. Just as I was saying this I did another search in our company's inventory and saw that there was a copy of Blood Mountain, the first pressing must've just been released at the time, at another store.

I just stared at the computer screen in disbelief for a few seconds. I immediately called the store up and had it transferred in for him. It was the only copy we ever got in and I couldn't special order anymore. Even after that I could've kept the one copy for myself and told him that there was a mixup and someone else got it but I never even considered it because he's the customer and I'm an employee. I genuinely did and do appreciate the value of a customer, even more now in these tough economic times.

Long story short, that guy at HT is a dick and should be fired.

Mr. Dick "Yeah"

. . . .

and this is why you should never call

I'm surprised Travis hasn't weighed in on this. Not only does this employee make HT look bad for just flat out telling a customer that they can't have an item because HT employees come first it cuts into the company's bottom line with the employee discount. Not to mention that he also admitted to being a profiteering record flipper using his access as an employee for profit.

This reminds me of something similar that happened when I ran a record store. I had one of our better customers come in. This guy would buy anything I told him to and spend 3-figures on every single trip. I got him into Mastodon and he asked if they had anything on vinyl. I told him I doubted it cause I was looking for it constantly. Just as I was saying this I did another search in our company's inventory and saw that there was a copy of Blood Mountain, the first pressing must've just been released at the time, at another store.

I just stared at the computer screen in disbelief for a few seconds. I immediately called the store up and had it transferred in for him. It was the only copy we ever got in and I couldn't special order anymore. Even after that I could've kept the one copy for myself and told him that there was a mixup and someone else got it but I never even considered it because he's the customer and I'm an employee. I genuinely did and do appreciate the value of a customer, even more now in these tough economic times.

Long story short, that guy at HT is a dick and should be fired.

agreed, 100%