A BIG THANK YOU TO THE BOARD...(Lost related)

randysxe

ok so before i even joined this board i always have wanted to watch Lost, but never did for whatever reason....then i noticed everyone talking about it, and i realized i must have been making a huge mistake....then at the beginning of this season i saw they were doing a recap of the first few seasons before the season premier....i watched it and it got me an my girlfreind hooked....so i have watched all the new episodes and i am gonna buy all the dvd box sets....thanks again for getting me to watch such an amazing show....cant believe i didnt for the first few years...its brilliant

Best. Show. On. TV. PERIOD.

I hope you're referring to new serial shows and not including syndicated shit. Because NO show will ever be as good as Seinfeld.

Lost is good but man they love dragging shit out.

Yeah, I meant currently on TV. The dragging it out is part of the "mystique" though; they're building a deep mythology that's rivaled by none.

I would certainly be more excited for Lost if I felt the people making it had any idea where it was going. It's like they keep brining up new shit in hopes you'll forget about the old shit. "What you want to know about the smoke monster? Well...it's....Hey look, the Oceanic 6! Who are they and how did they get off?! OH, and four new people dropped out of the sky on the island! Smoke Monster? That's old shit."

I still watch it but I have absolutely zero emotional investment in the show.

Dude, they had to give ABC a rough story arc outline when they first pitched the show. Plus they've already said that there are only going to be three more seasons after this one, so they definitely have their endgame in sight. The show would be incredibly boring if it was entirely linear and didn't jerk you around. I, for one, love the suspense.

Dude, they had to give ABC a rough story arc outline when they first pitched the show. Plus they've already said that there are only going to be three more seasons after this one, so they definitely have their endgame in sight. The show would be incredibly boring if it was entirely linear and didn't jerk you around. I, for one, love the suspense.

Suspense is one thing but it's just getting drug out. It may not be the creators fault it may just be an inherent problem in creating a single story arc over 6 seasons (or 80 plus episodes). They're attempting to create new issues and problems without answering old ones. It may create suspense for some but it's poor storytelling and they're paying for it.

The big push this year is "It's never too late to get Lost" because the show has the other inherent problem of being difficult for new viewers and tiresome for some long time viewers. Coupled with the long...long...long breaks between seasons (and sometimes during seasons) they were losing viewers and not replacing them. Now, I don't know how this season did in filling gaps but it was evident (with "enhanced" episodes and frequent recaps) that they were aiming for that.

Like I said, I do enjoy the show and I watch every week (more or less) but it seems to be riddled with issues. I do think they can resolve them in two more seasons (or three if they're doing that now) but it will take a lot of effort and more focus on the story at hand than expanding.