mumford and sons.... STFU

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 18, I am definitely not a hipster, I think their album is really good, I think most of the people on this board pride themselves on listening to shitty bands and like to hate on good bands, I think most of the people on this board suffer from dumb.

::)

I don't know about the price at other places, but at my store I peeped their exlcusive CD for 29.99 @ RSD.

not really my thing, but I saw quite a few people pick up it with the intention to buy. But then they saw the price and it was quietly and quickly set back down.

"Oh sweet! The Mumford exclusive edi- Oh... Nevermind."

I'm not 18, I am definitely not a hipster, I think their album is really good, I think most of the people on this board pride themselves on listening to shitty bands and like to hate on good bands, I think most of the people on this board suffer from dumb.

post a tradelist or GTFO!

my favorite shitty bands are better than your favorite shitty bands. :P

with that in mind, this band will be easily forgotten just like every other fly by night band (whether good or not) and sink into obscurity and back to playing smaller gigs like they were intended to do.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':xi2b6wwl]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':xi2b6wwl]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i heard that song on the radio when i was hanging out with my mom one day last summer. i thought to myself "man.. this song fucking blows". and the thing that annoyed me most about it, initially, was him saying "i really fucked it up this time". but i had no idea who it was by or anything.

and then i really didnt hear much of it again.

then i hear this obnoxious band name "mumford and sons" get tossed around a whole bunch, and to be honest, i knew i wasnt going to like them. mostly because its a crappy name, and just because of the people who i knew liked them. because those people have shitty taste in most things.

so a couple weeks ago i was at a bar with my friend. it came on. and he was JAMMIN to it, while i just cringed inside. that was the first time i was able to put the two together...

and here we are.

i've never heard mumford and sons before but watched this video and am going to base my opinion entirely upon it.

stand up bass. keys, AND a banjo?! edgy! accents. oh snaps they said fuck! HOW NOT MAINSTREAM! the banjo guy looks like he's dry humping that banjo. actually, all of these guys are clearly working off boners over their super hipst cred with their instruments. what is this 3 minute whoaaa ooooohhhh part? was it really that hard to come up with more than one verse? oh that's it? people are fans of this?

radio indie.

Phew! Good thing Old Man Markley doesn't have accents because we would have to hate them too. I love Old Man Markley. What's a trade list?