Deftones - Diamond Eyes Pressing Info?

Do you remember which one? Bootleg? And yes I agree, great album!

I doubt it's a bootleg, since it's so so readily available.  It could be that some black wax was leftover when they were pressing that one and it ended up making it more of a grey.  I have a handful of records that have black streaks in them due to this (at least to my understanding).

Either way, I dig the grey.

I doubt it's a bootleg, since it's so so readily available. It could be that some black wax was leftover when they were pressing that one and it ended up making it more of a grey. I have a handful of records that have black streaks in them due to this (at least to my understanding).

Either way, I dig the grey.

My white diamond eyes actually has a few black marks left on it haha, really small though, even if his was defective enough that it turned out grey it's still pretty badass

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Also, I'd love to hear some more of Eros.... Someday ....

Thiiiiiis. "Smile" is great. I don't think I ever hear Chino sing that high.

I wish they can release it. I'm not sure if they have most of it finished or if they're rough demos. Idk.

I'd be happy to hear anything.

Also hoping that the new album will be released this year. Jonesing for new Deftones.

I wish they can release it. I'm not sure if they have most of it finished or if they're rough demos. Idk.

Also hoping that the new album will be released this year. Jonesing for new Deftones.

The mood from smile gave me chills

I believe they're in the studio (or writing).  I know I've read something about it in the last 2-3 months, but I can't remember the specifics.

Psyched for anything new from Deftones. It's probably not a popular opinion, but I really think a lot of their best music has come out of this post-Chi period. Not to say that Chi wasn't an amazing bassist/person in general, but man, 2010-onward, these guys have just been on the ball musically.

Psyched for anything new from Deftones. It's probably not a popular opinion, but I really think a lot of their best music has come out of this post-Chi period. Not to say that Chi wasn't an amazing bassist/person in general, but man, 2010-onward, these guys have just been on the ball musically.

White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist were fantastic too, but yes the last few years have been on point. Perhaps it has something to do with Chino being active in Deftones, Palms, Crosses, and more recently Team Sleep.

White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist were fantastic too, but yes the last few years have been on point. Perhaps it has something to do with Chino being active in Deftones, Palms, Crosses, and more recently Team Sleep.

White Pony might be their best record, yeah. But not by very much. Even so, the band's sound has evolved so much from then, it's not really fair to compare them.

Chino's side projects have been ace. I seem to be one of a few people around here who are really hardcore into Palms. That debut record has Chino's best vocals to date. Period. Anyone who says otherwise has not heard "Mission Sunset".

White Pony might be their best record, yeah. But not by very much. Even so, the band's sound has evolved so much from then, it's not really fair to compare them.

Chino's side projects have been ace. I seem to be one of a few people around here who are really hardcore into Palms. That debut record has Chino's best vocals to date. Period. Anyone who says otherwise has not heard "Mission Sunset".

What are everyone's thoughts on the self titled album from 2003

Yes to all this. I can truly appreciate White Pony, but I feel it's not their absolute best.

And Palms is my favorite out of his side projects. I've talked to many fans and they disagree and hate Palms, which I really don't...understand.

What are everyone's thoughts on the self titled album from 2003

Eh, honestly, it's my second-to-least favorite. It doesn't have the tunes like Pony had, and doesn't have the dynamic hard/soft stuff that they ended up exploiting fully on SNW, which would have been a much better follow-up to WP.

My list ends up looking like:

White Pony (Only just.)

Koi No Yokan (Interchangeable)

Diamond Eyes (Interchangeable)

Saturday Night Wrist

Around The Fur

Deftones

Adrenaline

Can we just rename this thread Deftalk and move to Everything Else? This is fun.

I can enjoy 'Deftones' (being a fan boy), but I don't play it often. It has some of my favorite songs on it (Battle-axe being my favorite), but there's something about the songs that I do love, but rarely have the desire to listen to.

My list would be:

Diamond Eyes

Koi no Yokan

Saturday Night Wrist

White Pony

Deftones (interchangeable)

Around the Fur (interchangeable)

Adrenaline

Almost looks like how they were released. lol.