New TWDY Young Mountain Pressing.

The Charles Manson decision was a downer for me regarding MB. Not because Manson is a murderer fruitcake, but because his music sucks ball bags. I like Brent, and most of his releases though. If you have a real issue he's quick to get it taken care of. Pressing numbers aren't something you need to bug a label about, although, Brent should probably post something on the site as to NOT email about such trivial details.

fuck churches and their tax exempt status

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest afsdan
If you don't care about collectors, why go through the trouble of pressing five different colors in a single new pressing? Let's be realistic as to why this multi-color trend has become so popular.

because cool colored vinyl is fun? Really, it doesn't have to be a serious numbers game.

If you don't care about collectors, why go through the trouble of pressing five different colors in a single new pressing? Let's be realistic as to why this multi-color trend has become so popular.

because cool colored vinyl is fun? Really, it doesn't have to be a serious numbers game.

5 colors though?

Some serious lols at the misunderstanding of how copyrighted works and intellectual property is handled.

Regarding the colors, we tell the plant to just send us "whatever" (mixed vinyl). 5 different colors came back this time. So what? At this point, we've made many thousands of copies. I put them all together by hand in my living room. I make different colors of vinyl and different color covers to break up the monotony of assembling them over and over and over and over.

To the dude worried about me making statements from my label: we're not publicly owned. It's a private company and I run it entirely to satisfy the vision of the bands and myself. Not you or anyone else. Sometimes things in this world just aren't made for you. Don't like it? Start your own label and do what we do on the level we do it with your own code of "what's right." We don't make records for religious nutjobs. Never have, never will. End of story.

Some serious lols at the misunderstanding of how copyrighted works and intellectual property is handled.

Regarding the colors, we tell the plant to just send us "whatever" (mixed vinyl). 5 different colors came back this time. So what? At this point, we've made many thousands of copies. I put them all together by hand in my living room. I make different colors of vinyl and different color covers to break up the monotony of assembling them over and over and over and over.

To the dude worried about me making statements from my label: we're not publicly owned. It's a private company and I run it entirely to satisfy the vision of the bands and myself. Not you or anyone else. Sometimes things in this world just aren't made for you. Don't like it? Start your own label and do what we do on the level we do it with your own code of "what's right." We don't make records for religious nutjobs. Never have, never will. End of story.

but why MALE MODELS?!

jeeze Louise how many fucking pressings does this need? Great record but damn. I swear I still see copies of this every where I go.

that being said, add me to the "that turquoise looks aces" pile.

Over here, a record label's role is to KEEP RECORDS IN PRINT for as long as the band wishes and for as long as there is demand. I know that's a crazy concept in the modern climate of "record collecting," but we come from an entirely different era.

lolz and kudos to all MBR's responses. srsly, its a good thing that this record is still in print. the different colors are pretty. the record is still a fucking staple in their genre and needs to be heard by all so everyone wins really. not all records need to have /20 variants, and if you are buying it to enjoy the music, that shouldn't matter too much. variety is the spice of life kiddos!

Over here, a record label's role is to KEEP RECORDS IN PRINT for as long as the band wishes and for as long as there is demand. I know that's a crazy concept in the modern climate of "record collecting," but we come from an entirely different era.

+1

I'm still trying to understand why one feels compelled to purchase every version of a band's record, and then gets upset when there are "too many different versions." No one put a gun to your head and told you to buy the same record 20 times.

Contrary to popular belief, not all labels press their vinyl with the intentions of "collectors" in mind. Sometimes labels just want to do cool stuff for the hell of it (different colors, different covers, etc etc). As far as continued repressings ... surprise surprise, some people actually still buy vinyl to listen to bands ... not just buy it, brag about it, photograph it, catalog it, and file it away. Even a label like Magic Bullet has to be conservative with pressing quantities (ie not pressing 5000 records off the bat). So if a label runs out of a pressing of a record, and still has the band asking for more copies, distributors asking for more copies, stores asking for more copies, etc etc ... then that means it's time to press more. Seeing a record everywhere means a label is doing its job (at least in my opinion).

I understand not all labels operate in this mindset, which is totally cool ... but to attack a label for wanting to get their releases in as many hands as possible makes no sense to me.

jeeze Louise how many fucking pressings does this need? Great record but damn. I swear I still see copies of this every where I go.

that being said, add me to the "that turquoise looks aces" pile.

FINALLY! Some sense. Supply and demand.

but that's just the thing...is the demand that high? There seems to be copies of this all over the place still, readily available.

I actually bought the red that came out awhile back. My only copy of the record. Nothing against you guys for pressing a great record at all, just not seeing the need for it right now.

Perhaps my local market is just flooded.

but that's just the thing...is the demand that high? There seems to be copies of this all over the place still, readily available.

I actually bought the red that came out awhile back. My only copy of the record. Nothing against you guys for pressing a great record at all, just not seeing the need for it right now.

you do realize that people outside of your town buy records too, right?

you do realize that people outside of your town buy records too, right?

I think she does.