So where should i go on vacation?

I figured this year i'm gonna take a 3 day trip around september for my birthday. But where? i don't drive, so it has to be somewhere where i can hang out with people in walking distance or places to see. i really want to visit a city with a ton of awesome record shops.

I went to boston last time, and found that city to be pretty rad, mainly because i could walk everywhere in the city without any need of cab or what not.

Anyway, any recommendations.

Or if you want to be wussy, Ann Arbor. It's one of the most walkable cities in the country, has a handful of awesome record stores, tons of great food, a legendary venue, lots of shops, and the most lax marijuana laws in the country, if that interests you at all... definitely a cool place to hang out, kill time, and spend a few bucks.

detroit.. fuck that. that place is a shithole.. haha.. no seriously, i'd go if it was today. hellmouth is playing. i've been too detroit on numerous occasions.. once i actually blacked out after a night of drinking. it never seemed as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

i want to go somewhere i haven't been. and hang out with people and shit like that.

Fool how am I supposed to know where you've been!

For the record, A2 and Detroit are COMPLETELY different. Haha.

And yeah, almost nobody can really portray Detroit in a fair light. People from places like Cleveland especially have no room to talk. I hear the water there is so polluted that all the fish have AIDS. Colbert and some stupid show that was on where I was the other day (it was called Tosh or something) both made cracks about Detroit this week. It's not the nicest place but it's definitely not the worst, and there's definitely a culture there that you really can't understand unless you see it without someone else's filter.

san francisco. awesome city, and when i was there, i took public transit everywhere.

yes! There's no need to get cabs anywhere, and a lot of it is walkable.

it also has a ton of awesome record shops, plus some in oakland/ berkeley which are easy to get to by subway

AND september is the nicest time of year.

Yeah, portland is a place i had in mind. Never been though. which is what has me interested.

San Francisco is fucking gorgeous. Been there like 3 times. I've hit up Berkeley on the reg every time i've been there. i cant say enough nice things about that town. and ironically the last time i was there was sept of 2006.

Yeah, portland is a place i had in mind. Never been though. which is what has me interested.

San Francisco is fucking gorgeous. Been there like 3 times. I've hit up Berkeley on the reg every time i've been there. i cant say enough nice things about that town. and ironically the last time i was there was sept of 2006.

i have a friend who works at lucasfilm. if you wind up going back, i could see if he'd give you a tour! he took me to skywalker ranch when i was there and it ruled.

i have a friend who works at lucasfilm. if you wind up going back, i could see if he'd give you a tour! he took me to skywalker ranch when i was there and it ruled.

i've seen your photos. they are awesome. looks like a whole ton of fun. i might take you up on that if i decide to go back at some point. my friends live there and are soon to be married so it'll be within the next year or so.

phil, toronto is on my list. i just am waiting to get paid to get my stupid passport.

That is so cool! Lucasfilm is like one of the coolest places to work.

everything there was insanely nice and laidback. they get free screenings of all sorts of movies and whatnot. so jealous, haha. the pixar studios are awesome too. i definitely recommend a tour of there to anyone visiting san francisco.

Boston was fun.. Guess when you live there its not as great. Where did you go for record shops if you remember? Ive never gone vinyl searching in city.

i didn't really go record shopping. i went to two newbury comics and the record selection was laughable at best. i walked around mostly around southie, north end, business district, back bay, and beacon hill area. etc etc.. mostly boston proper. i didn't go to cambridge because i was afraid i'd get lost. it was bad enough i got lost in china town my first night and didn't really know how to get back to my place. i walked around in circles for about 20 mnutes before finding something familiar. haha.

everything there was insanely nice and laidback. they get free screenings of all sorts of movies and whatnot. so jealous, haha. the pixar studios are awesome too. i definitely recommend a tour of there to anyone visiting san francisco.

Yeah, they get a bunch of cool stuff! This is why everything turns out so well over there because the employees are happy.

I think I'm jealous too but working from home can be pretty sweet too. Pixar is the same way but they get a huge cereal bar. So I can't decide which place would be cooler to work at. Then again I don't like cereal.