saddle creek runs shit right.

just sayin'.

cos in over 10 years of throwing money at these people, they have always taken care of me and provided a quality product in return.

today i decided to order the bright eyes/neva dinova 10" that crank! pressed, saddle creek still has some apparently.

something went weird with the magic computer internet sorcery, and i accidentally placed my order twice.

i sent an email about it and in less than an hour the extra payment was voided and my problem was fixed.

nate must be a busy man, but he really knows how to take care of people.

I've only made one order from them since I'm not really a fan of most of their bands, but it went well, and I like how all of their releases (at least the 3 or so that I have) are on 180 gram black, come in poly-lined sleeves, and come with download codes (and an instant download if you order online)

I hope they sign more bands that I like

they are the nicest guys. i had a week-or-so long email conversation with zack that began with my asking him where i can get those thick innersleeves that their newer records are in. that spun into a wild conversation about record collecting, storage OCD, pressing, and how awesome it is to have a full collection of a band you really love. these guys all love the music they put out, and it really shows in the care that goes into pressing their records and running their business.

In about 1994 I went to see a band called Smash Mouth (eventual members of Cursive, not the pop band) at a club called the Cog Factory in Omaha. I bought their cassette when one of the band members came around selling them, it was on a label called Lumberjack records, and it was pretty so-so, but I kept listening to it and started liking it. About 4 years later the tape broke by coming unattached from the wheel on the inside, so I sent it to the address on the cassette with a couple bucks to try to get a new one, fully expecting the label to be no more (as was mailorder before the internet), and to never hear of it again. About a month later, I got a new tape, with a 3 page handwritten letter saying that they apologize for the quality of their cassettes, and then just talking about their favorite bands and stuff I should check out. Lumberjack became Saddle Creek eventually, and I have been ordering from them ever since. Always great sounding, great artwork, and well packaged.

In about 1994 I went to see a band called Smash Mouth (eventual members of Cursive, not the pop band) at a club called the Cog Factory in Omaha. I bought their cassette when one of the band members came around selling them, it was on a label called Lumberjack records, and it was pretty so-so, but I kept listening to it and started liking it. About 4 years later the tape broke by coming unattached from the wheel on the inside, so I sent it to the address on the cassette with a couple bucks to try to get a new one, fully expecting the label to be no more (as was mailorder before the internet), and to never hear of it again. About a month later, I got a new tape, with a 3 page handwritten letter saying that they apologize for the quality of their cassettes, and then just talking about their favorite bands and stuff I should check out. Lumberjack became Saddle Creek eventually, and I have been ordering from them ever since. Always great sounding, great artwork, and well packaged.

Cool story. Seriously, I love hearing music history bits like this (no sarcasm is intended in this post).

Saddle Creek is the shizz. Great customer service, the only thing is shipping is high but damn they know how to bundle things and put out sweet reissues (Desaparecidos.) I enjoy their witty notes they put inside their mailers with stickers and promo CDs.

Fun Fact: The LBJ for their catalog is from Oberst brothers original label Lumber Jack Records. Also "Spend the Evening with Saddle Creek" is a great DVD!

I've been getting notes from Nate in Saddle Creek packages since I was in high school. I was able to meet him last fall when I worked a show at the Slowdown in Omaha. The Slowdown and Saddle Creek's warehouse are connected and I got to peek in a buy some records directly from them. He's a rad guy running a rad operation. Not to mention the bands rule and always put on great shows.

In about 1994 I went to see a band called Smash Mouth (eventual members of Cursive, not the pop band) at a club called the Cog Factory in Omaha. I bought their cassette when one of the band members came around selling them, it was on a label called Lumberjack records, and it was pretty so-so, but I kept listening to it and started liking it.

what members of Cursive were in this band? is this tape online anywhere to listen to? kinda curious as to how this sounds for being mid-90s.

Polyvinyl, free airheads

my favorite.

i have a huge Polyvinyl box on the floor right now. i need to open that. i was really bummed the ONE time i didn't get an Airheads but then they started coming with the packages after and i was relieved they didn't stop doing that. :D i usually crack the box, look what i got, throw a record on and eat the Airheads.

what members of Cursive were in this band? is this tape online anywhere to listen to? kinda curious as to how this sounds for being mid-90s.

here is some history on them:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Smashmouth_%28indie_rock_band%29

It was Steve Pedersen and Clint Schnase, both of whom helped start Cursive but haven't been in it for a long time I don't think. You should check out Steve Pedersen's bands after this too, The White Octave and Criteria if you haven't, they're good. The tape was called "Some of You Will be Hermits", and I do have a tape rip to mp3 that I can send you, I don't think Saddle Creek would mind (I got it from them directly when Direct Connect, a p2p platform, was popular). I was told they recorded a second tape as well, and that it never came out. I would love to check that out if anyone out there has some connections. Saddle Creek (Lumberjack) should really archive some of their old releases for people to grab online since they're out of print, and many are very good, and of historical significance to some I would say.

Desaparecidos.

i was totally in the dark about this re-issue!

the bonus 7" makes it even sexier.

i will be ordering this tomorrow.

thank you sir.

shit! finally back in stock! i need to order this too. i was wondering if it was going to get re-repressed.

now if only we could get a The Good Life "Black Out" repress....

here is some history on them:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Smashmouth_%28indie_rock_band%29

It was Steve Pedersen and Clint Schnase, both of whom helped start Cursive but haven't been in it for a long time I don't think. You should check out Steve Pedersen's bands after this too, The White Octave and Criteria if you haven't, they're good. The tape was called "Some of You Will be Hermits", and I do have a tape rip to mp3 that I can send you, I don't think Saddle Creek would mind (I got it from them directly when Direct Connect, a p2p platform, was popular). I was told they recorded a second tape as well, and that it never came out. I would love to check that out if anyone out there has some connections. Saddle Creek (Lumberjack) should really archive some of their old releases for people to grab online since they're out of print, and many are very good, and of historical significance to some I would say.

nice, i don't even remember Criteria. i think i've seen them once too. i'll have to make a Saddle Creek order and grab their LP.

i would be very interested in hearing that tape rip if you wouldn't mind sending it. thanks :D

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':83esk1qz]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':83esk1qz]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');