this new Bright Eyes tour is amazing!

[image]

great show! the groovy stuff they did with the pen cameras on the LED projector was neat. the band fucking slayed. great set list too!

andy lemaster is playing bass, too, which was a rad surprise.

it's been a long long time since i've seen this band, and last time i did (i believe the fevers and mirrors tour? maybe lifted? pretty sure i caught both but it's hard to remember) conor was stupid drunk and playing poorly, and the rest of the band didn't seem very into it.

tonight was a big surprise.

quality show indeed.

well worth the $30.

anyone else catch/catching this tour?

yeah, they had a pretty great encore, too.

they tricked us into thinking they would close with road to joy, but then conor talked for a bit and they played one for you, one for me. which was a nice surprise.

also, falling out of love at this volume about half way through their set got me so excited.

i was not expecting to hear anything that old.

here's a few more pics.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Fucckk. They play Columbus tomorrow and I was going to get tickets for me and my brother. I don't feel like dropping the $75 on two tickets, but I was thinking that I should because this may be one of the last times Conor plays with Bright Eyes. I was going to get tickets to see Okkervil River on Saturday because I have already seen Bright Eyes twice. So I'm debating

Fucckk. They play Columbus tomorrow and I was going to get tickets for me and my brother. I don't feel like dropping the $75 on two tickets, but I was thinking that I should because this may be one of the last times Conor plays with Bright Eyes. I was going to get tickets to see Okkervil River on Saturday because I have already seen Bright Eyes twice. So I'm debating

odds are this is their last tour, and odds are the blue note show is sold out.

i'd look into it before attending.

odds are this is their last tour, and odds are the blue note show is sold out.

i'd look into it before attending.

I figured it would be their last tour, but it's no big deal really. My brother has to work anyway, and tickets are still available for Okkervil, so we will be attending that.

What's this blue note show?

I've seen this show twice and it's awesome. But it was the same setlist except for A Celebration Upon Completion which was added for the hometown crowd in Council Bluffs this past weekend. I understand it's a show but I was hoping for a little spontaneity.

I will say that I hope they do one last tour where they dip into the catalog a bit more.They played almost every track on the new record which is fine since it's a tour to promote that record. But damn do I miss the old stuff.

I saw them back in March and I'm seeing them again this Saturday. Super excited :) I've got front row seats, and they're playing at such a great venue. I'm guessing the set is going to be quite similar to the first time I saw them but I'm sure it's still going to be awesome. And M. Ward is opening so I'm pretty stocked for that!

They just announced a Cleveland show with the Mountain Goats at House Of Blues on 8/2. Problem solved!

They just announced a Cleveland show with the Mountain Goats at House Of Blues on 8/2. Problem solved!

Yeah my brother told me earlier today. I'm so pumped! I will probably get my ticket when I get paid. And with the Mountain Goats. Should be a great show

What was the setlist??? He's coming to Ottawa august 27th, and I'll go regardless of songs, but I hope he plays a few old ones.

Last time I saw him (I'm wide awake tour), he played almost exclusively this album (minus 2 songs if I remember correctly), which is great since I love this album, but it wasn't out yet so nobody really knew the songs... I like to go to shows and know what the band is playing

What was the setlist??? He's coming to Ottawa august 27th, and I'll go regardless of songs, but I hope he plays a few old ones.

Last time I saw him (I'm wide awake tour), he played almost exclusively this album (minus 2 songs if I remember correctly), which is great since I love this album, but it wasn't out yet so nobody really knew the songs... I like to go to shows and know what the band is playing

this is what they played the night i saw them.

Firewall

Haile Selassie

Take It Easy

Jejune Stars

Four Winds

Bowl of Oranges

Trees Get Wheeled Away

Something Vague

We Are Nowhere and It's Now

Shell Games

Approximate Sunlight

Arc of Time

Falling Out of Love at This Volume

Cartoon Blues

No One Would Riot For Less

Hot Knives

Poison Oak

Old Soul Song

The Calendar Hung Itself

Ladder Song

Encore:

Gold Mine Gutted

Lover I Don't Have to Love

Road to Joy

One for You, One for Me

Just got back, wow. Great show. I saw them at a fairly large venue this time and kind of prefer the intimacy of the smaller places but it was still good. The set was much better than the last time I saw them. Highlights would have to be Conor and Nate doing Lua together and M. Ward joining them and rocking to Road to Joy. M. Ward opening was completely amazing as well!

Just got back, wow. Great show. I saw them at a fairly large venue this time and kind of prefer the intimacy of the smaller places but it was still good. The set was much better than the last time I saw them. Highlights would have to be Conor and Nate doing Lua together and M. Ward joining them and rocking to Road to Joy. M. Ward opening was completely amazing as well!

I want to see M. Ward so bad.