Alk trio - Damnesia - Besides Clavicle

I preordered the vinyl and was at band practice the other day & mentioned it and our guitarist said he heard Clavicle and that it sucked. I didn't have the chance to listen to it, I should probably go do that.

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has heard more or if there is a leak available?

I don't know why people aren't liking the songs so far. It sounds exactly like I thought it would. They took a lot of studio time...so they're not just going to blow through a bunch of things with just acoustic guitars

i think it's something to do with a matter of opinion.

I know that. I'm saying its not experimental versions of Alkaline Trio songs like that trainwreck of a solo album that Matt Skiba put out. That hurt my ears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eh, I think this record is pretty bland. They tried to include something for everyone, so none of it really has any sort of thematic connection.

Plus, some of the arrangements are just SUPER-overwrought. What Skiba failed to realize is that generally, his lyrics are pretty dumb, but that it's usually covered up by loud guitars playing power chords. When you strip that away and have piano/strings orchestration, his lyrics just sound sooooo ridiculous.