else

document.write('+':9y03ds61]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

One of my friends showed me one of the new Dir En Grey songs (or sorta newer? I dunno) last year and it sounded like solid metalcore. I thought it was pretty rad. I'm not really sure what genre they're supposed to be but I could dig it. I don't really get into j tunes much so that's all the more I can really elaborate here lol.

Had to find the song by googling the only lyrics I could understand or remember, like hell I'd remember the name of this.

oh and as for visual kei (genre of the very first video posted on here.. "sadie").... all these bands sound the same and after listening to one of them it gets so incredibly boring. besides the fans are mostly dumbasses.

if anybody is interested and has some time to kill, read that interview: http://www.hellodamage.com/top/2010/03/01/interview-with-an-ex-visual-kei-record-executive/

its a lot of fun. a shitload of these vk-fangirls went berserk after this has been published, haha

i saw this band randomly years ago opening for some local bands at the Turf Club. they were easily the best band on the show, highly energetic and jumping into the crowd. it's a small bar loaded with hipsters, i'm surprised it happened. kinda Nirvana-ish....sorta.

we have a local band, Sweet J.A.P., made up of mostly Japanese guys, but i think they're totally defunct now. they play in some other bands (Mute Era, France Has The Bomb, Birthday Suits, etc). this is the only video i could find, not the greatest quality.

oh yeah, and POLYSICS! probably a Japanese version of Devo would be most suiting. new wave!

a link to a playlist of videos, tons of videos:

what the hell was that?

Haha.

They were on the Misfits of Ska: Volume 2 compilation that Asian Man Records put out forever ago. I saw "J-SKA" earlier in the post and it just came back to me.

I will admit that I saw them open for the Blue Meanies (I think) over a decade ago and I don't remember a thing about them except that one song.

• 2 weeks later...