post your tour edition LP here !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't really consider the MTB - POI clear w/ gold to be a tour edition since you could buy it online.

I'd have to disagree with you. It was specifically made to be sold during their tour at their shows and identified as "tour-only"...since VC put it out, Virgil was able to get copies to sell. This way it could be available to people who wouldn't be able to have it made it to the shows...or those that went to the shows where the band didn't have it yet due to a delay in the pressing plant...

The fact that a good portion of them were available online and the fact that they didn't get picked up from the band at a show, to me, makes it not really a tour press. I mean....you can call a pressing whatever you want, but I think the thing that makes a tour pressing special is that you can ONLY get it at some shows on a specific tour. If they were sold out by the time they got to your city or if the pressing plant didn't get the records to the band then thats life.

I don't want it to look like this is a big deal or anything, this is just what I thought. Anyone agree?

Guest scriptedrain
The fact that a good portion of them were available online and the fact that they didn't get picked up from the band at a show, to me, makes it not really a tour press. I mean....you can call a pressing whatever you want, but I think the thing that makes a tour pressing special is that you can ONLY get it at some shows on a specific tour. If they were sold out by the time they got to your city or if the pressing plant didn't get the records to the band then thats life.

I don't want it to look like this is a big deal or anything, this is just what I thought. Anyone agree?

What about people who live overseas and don't get a chance to see Minus the Bear? Just because a friend picks one up at a show and mails it to them doesn't mean the record wasn't intended to be the tour edition.

i see your point but i dont really agree. a record is what it is. i mean if oakland snagged a copy of the tour version of cave in - beyond hypothermia, is he to not call it the tour version because he wasnt at the show however many years ago when they had those? i think the same applies to any other record--new or old. its still a tour edition.

Al mine are 7"

I have:

Motion city/limbeck split (clear blue/screeded bside)

Murder by death - for matt davis

Dredg - bug eyes

John ralston - when we were cats (clear teal)

Anchor & braille - s/t (dark blue marble)

Cruiserweight - operation eyes closed/vacation (clear blue/pink screened bside)

I don't know how may are true tour pressings..but I've never seen any of them anywhere else (except the cruiserweight one...they had a bunch left after the tour and sell them via the bcd store)

shook ones - facetious folly feat - east coast tour - brown/yellow - /75

shook ones - facetious folly feat - rec release - red - /100

shook ones - sixteen - euro tour - green - /~110?

shook ones - sixteen - euro tour - brown - 86/100

shook ones - sixteen - rec release - blue/pink - 42/60

shook ones - slaughter of the insole - rec release/west coast tour - pink - 6/100

heads up!/redhanded - split - heads up final show - green - 90?/100 (i forgot the number)

dammit i would love to have those. i just have converge - no heroes on clear

Motion city/limbeck split (clear blue/screeded bside)

Murder by death - for john davis

That Motion City/Limbeck split wasn't a tour-only record; it was available for months through BCD.

As for the Murder By Death benefit 7" (which is actually called "For Matt Davis," not John Davis), that wasn't tour-only, either -- every record store in Iowa City was selling them.

Mean Season: bleed to me - euro tour

Get Up Kids/Braid: s/t - euro tour

Cave In: beyond hypothermia - grey

Dead Hearts: bitter versus - grey marble

Empathy: under the lost smile - green marble

Minus the Bear: planet of ice

Paint It Black: paradise - green euro tour

Set It Straight: live your heart and never follow - maroon

Verse: from anger and rage - rec release

With Honor: heart means everything - black/white

Zozobra: harmonic tremors - tour cover

Shook Ones | Slaughter Of The Insole | Pink Vinyl w/ West Coast Tour Cover #90/100

XBRAINIAX | Disgrace To The Corpse Of Eric Wood | Xeroxed Tour Cover /50?

Wow, Owls! / The Setup | Red Vinyl #45/95 w/ Tour Cover

Arrogant Sons Of Bitches | Three Cheers For Disappointment | Blue / White Splatter Vinyl (Record Release) /100

Bomb The Music Industry! | Goodbye Cool World | White/Red + Clear Splatter w/ Record Release Cover #7/50

Shook Ones | Facetious Folly Feat | Trans. Red Vinyl w/ Record Release Cover /100

Shook Ones | Facetious Folly Feat | Trans. Red Vinyl w/ East Coast Tour Cover /75

soon to be here:

living hell - the lost and the damned 12" (rec. release)

crime in stereo - is dead 12" (rec. release)

btmi! - op!!! split (rec. release)

When I bought Comeback Kid's "Wake the Dead" on opaque baby blue, I was told it was a tour edition. Anyone know if that's true? I haven't seen many of them, and it seems the ones that came from Victory are all transparent green or blue.

P.S. It's up for trade/sale if anyone really wants it

thanks!! i asked kelly about it, he said there's actually a lot of them, but they're all spoken for, as of now. but if someone ever decides to let one go, i'd be the first to know. aside from that easel test, i only need one more record... Slaughter w/ west coast tour cover (no nirvana smiley) ltd. to 2.

yeah, it sucks. the dude who screen prints all their stuff only left two untouched, and he keeps one of everything. he sold the other on ebay. the guy who won it is a HARDCORE rev collector, and he only trades his rev stuff for other rev stuff. so i'm gonna have to see what i can get, to see if he wants it.