Post a pic of an UNFINISHED collection so people c

I don't know if this thread would have a place here, so I want to put the idea out first before creating it. Maybe it should be in the sell, trade, wants forum or in the post a pic of your collection thread.

The title, which explains the purpose, would be:

"Post a pic of an UNFINISHED collection so people can help you complete it."

You take a pic of a collection you're eager to complete and post it. Someone might have something that you don't and then can offer to sell it to you. Everyone wins.

The Measure (SA) 1st press collection:

- "Notes" LP. Pre-Order version /300 Lemon-Lime

(I have the bonus 7" already but if someone wants to sell the whole package, I'm cool with that to). ($15-$20 + shipping).

- "Last Shows" 7" ($15 + shipping).

Young Widows 1st press collection:

- "Settle Down City" LP. 1st press on black /450. ($20-$25 + shipping).

- "Split w/ Coliseum" 7". Looking for all 3 colors. (Let me know what you want and if I can afford it we'll sort it out).

- "Split w/ Plows" 7". (Let me know what you want and if I can afford it we'll sort it out).

- "Live Radio Performance, April 6th, 2009" LP. ($15-$20 + shipping)

If you think I'm lowballing it's probably 'cause I am. If so, let me know. I usually have no clue of what to offer.

[image]

Caspian - Tertia

I NEED the final missing variant of this collection. It's on transparent maroon, was a Euro exclusive. I'll pay a lovely sum of cash money to anyone who can supply it to me. Transparent maroon. Not opaque.

[image]

Russian Circles - looking for any colors of the Upper Ninety 7" not displayed here. I've seen white and clear on tradelists/ebay. I'll take any and all. Will pay ~$10 per 7", maybe more.

[image]

Dakota/Dakota - looking for missing colors of the Hamburger Help Us 7", white/gray mix, pink, white/clear mix. And the tour press w/ vellum cover of the Dakota/Dakota / Riddle Of Steel split 7". Will pay $5-10 per 7"

Junius - The Fires Of Antediluvia 7"

Looking for all colors. I only have one on red.

Anyone who has anything listed above. Get at me. I've got money in my Paypal.

The idea is good in theory, but there are so many people here looking for the same exact records that it would just turn into a clusterfuck of threadjacking and "oh, I need that too," and that would turn into a war between whoever would pay the highest amount.

/Debbie Downer

Then it would probably be better if we just ask for what we need and not include prices.

I NEED Choking Victim - Squattas Paradise 7" w/blue labels monsters on back and the word straight jacket....ANYONE? I have $50....or trade or trade and $$....help me out please....

Oh yeah and I also need the Crack Rock Steady 7/F-Minus split 10" on BLACK vinyl....

Getting those two will complete my collection outside of test presses

This is a cool idea and it might work if it didn't turn into a WTB thread like people can already create over in the Sale/Trade forum.
I NEED Choking Victim - Squattas Paradise 7" w/blue labels monsters on back and the word straight jacket....ANYONE? I have $50....or trade or trade and $$....help me out please....

So... a wantlist thread.

I don't see the need for pictures cluttering things up.

I like the pictures, it lets me see items I may not have, that I didn't know about. Instead of just listing the items they need, it lets me see the whole picture. If that makes any sense. Plus, all photos by sharkticon look amazing!

[image]

anything thats not included here would be much appreciated.

none of these are bootlegs except for the obvious "chicago tapes" 2xLP, and i may or may not be interested in other bootlegs, as long as the material is exlusive to that release, i am not interested in bootlegs like the "blue" pisces iscariot, or the various coloured MCIS bootlegs.

i don't care about colour variants, but i am interested in b-side variants and 12" singles.

also, i should mention that the pisces iscariot does NOT include the 7", so if for any reason you have it in your heart to allow yourself to part with something like that let me know.

So... a wantlist thread.

This is NOT a wantlist thread.

The point is to post a pic of a collection you're working on and then another poster will say, "I have this record you're missing. I'll sell it for 1,000,000,000 xxx currency."

I love looking at pictures of records.

J Church 7" Collection:

[image]

Missing:

"All the Wars"

"Half And Half"

and the related Cilantro "Empty Soda Can"

I guess since I don't have a photo of my split 7" collection, I can't ask for those wants in this thread...

Part of the issue with this thread idea is a lot of people don't want to take pictures until their collection is complete.

So... a wantlist thread.

The point is to post a pic of a collection you're working on and then another poster will say, "I have this record you're missing. I'll sell it for 1,000,000,000 xxx currency."

What is the difference between this thread and this thread.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249&start=3330

What is the difference between this thread and this thread.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249&start=3330

I guess maybe the other one is so you can be like "WOW! what a collection" and end it at that, but now this one is for "WOW! what a collection, I got that red variant if you need it!"

So... a wantlist thread.

People already do that in the post a pic of your collection thread.

If you are posting a pic specifically for people to fill in what you are missing, then it is a pretty much a wantlist thread.

Seems unnecessary to me, but I don't really care. Carry on.