Warped Tour only releases

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit. i think 2005 or so might have been the last year i went. i saw Joan Jett, Killswitch, Circa Survive, Hopesfall, Fivespeed, The Toasters, Mad Marge And The Stonecutters, etc. i might even be mixing the last 2 years i saw. i used to score free tix off Radio K but once i had to start paying $35-40, i lost interest.

but i'll never forget getting They're Only Chasing Safety on vinyl for $10. score. always a good place to get good cheapo distro cd's or deals on some stuff from label booths.

and there isn't a SINGLE band on that list i want to see. there's usually 4 bands i want to see really bad.

02 was my favourite. thrice, matchbook romance, new found glory, glassjaw, brand new, yellowcard, something corporate, the bled. or maybe im mashing 02 and 03 together?

regardless, i stopped going after 06 and the last warped tour i went to was 2008, and that was because i was playng it.

the price has gone way too high and the line up is complete shit. ill only ever go again if i can get in free and have access to my car so i can change my clothes when im drenched in sweat.

02 was my favourite. thrice, matchbook romance, new found glory, glassjaw, brand new, yellowcard, something corporate, the bled. or maybe im mashing 02 and 03 together?

regardless, i stopped going after 06 and the last warped tour i went to was 2008, and that was because i was playng it.

the price has gone way too high and the line up is complete shit. ill only ever go again if i can get in free and have access to my car so i can change my clothes when im drenched in sweat.

I got free tickets last year and they were only $30 for me this year. There are a few bands I wanna see this year. Enough to make it worth the $30

the 97-98 lineups were un-fuckwith-able. i literally could not wear any band shirt i owned because all of my favorite bands were playing.... i'll be hitting up about 4 dates this year, as theres about 10 bands i wanna see... that said i haven't paid for a warped date since like '98 and i've probably been to about 200-ish dates since then

I enjoy warped. I'll be working select dates and I'll also be in orlando I believe. I've been going about as long as everyone else on the board. I enjoy watching bands Like bad religion, helmet, lagwagon, ect. But I aslo enjoy alot of the newer bands like Woe is me, the word alive, and August burns red. I just get sick of the kids mainly. But I was an 12 year old kids @ warped once too, although I wasn't an ass like most of them nowadays. I think its what you make it. My girlfriend has been going with me every year for about 4 or 5 years and she only enjoys a few bands, to me its worth the money.

Glassjaw only played Warped in 2003, so your memories are bleeding together.

Also, the ticket price for Warped Tour in 2011 is pretty much the same as what a ticket for Warped Tour cost in 2001. Shit barely goes up at all. If there's ever been a tour that's inflation-proof, it's this one.

I've gone to Warped every year since 1997 and every year I have a great time. I love that the mainstage this year is a bunch of heavy bands I have zero interest in; that means I get to watch the bands I like on smaller stages with better crowds.

As to the price of tickets. I've been to warped tour in probably like 8 states (that i've paid for) and ticket prices are all over the place. Some were like $22 plus service charges some were $30 and like in florida they are $38 i think. I believe that would be due to the cost of venue or something, not the fault of Kevin and Warped.

Yeah I've been going for years. Probably since 03 or so when coheed, glassjaw, etc played. I have missed some years in between, but a friend called me about a week ago and said he had two vip passes and stage passes and yadada if I wanted one of them. I was like eh I will take em and go listen to some of the bands I like.

I actually enjoy some of the stuff adtr, abr, tdwp, word alive, wcar, etc. Every year though I ask myself afterwards how I put up with all the young people. I mean I went when I was like 15 or so but I wasn't a prick to people. I just try and tune out the young crowd and enjoy the few bands I do.

I don't think the price has gone up for the core price, i think ticketmaster fees have gone up driving the price of the ticket to around $40.

I just enjoy going walking around with my wife listening to the few bands we enjoy and catching maybe some that we hear for the first time and like. This the 2nd year we did the Preorder tickets which comes with the comp and ticket for like $25, i figure that's not too terrible.

yeah, the price used to be like $20, but now since ticketmaster fees its close to $40.

then again, i havent paid to go to warped tour since 05 and i think after playing it i wouldnt ever feel right paying again, as stupid as that may be.

i used to go to warped tour as a teen to do my clothing shopping for the upcoming school year. bhaha.

honestly, if i ever go again, it will be for one of two reasons... if the line up gets better or just to hang out cause im invited through vans.

will NEVER forget smoking weed with shooter jennings on his bus though. holy shit that was incredible.

Excited to see:

A Day To Remember

Bad Rabbits

Big D And The Kids Table

Black List Royals

Dance Gavin Dance (As long as Craig is still in the band)

Grieves With Budo

Hellogoodbye

Less Than Jake

Lionize

Lucero

MC Lars with Weerd Science

Moving Mountains

Pepper

Places And Numbers

Pour Habit

Relient K

Set Your Goals

Sharks

Terrible Things

The Aggrolites

The Dangerous Summer

The Exposed

Unwritten Law

Vonnegutt

And my friends are playing on the battle of the bands stage.

Glassjaw only played Warped in 2003, so your memories are bleeding together.

Also, the ticket price for Warped Tour in 2011 is pretty much the same as what a ticket for Warped Tour cost in 2001. Shit barely goes up at all. If there's ever been a tour that's inflation-proof, it's this one.

I've gone to Warped every year since 1997 and every year I have a great time. I love that the mainstage this year is a bunch of heavy bands I have zero interest in; that means I get to watch the bands I like on smaller stages with better crowds.

I saw Glassjaw on Warped in 2002; they definitely played that year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warped_Tour_lineups_by_year

Would love to re-live those 2 days, fuck that was a fun lineup.