BON IVER - BON IVER ON COLOR VINYL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,

It came with a download coupon and a little book with lyrics just like the black copy I have. The colored one came with a 10x10" liner that the black one did not have.

Edit,

haha, just noticed that the black version is gatefold and the red one is not. The extra liner on my red one is the artwork from the middle of the gatefold on the black.

Some funny shit it in this thread.

Not everyone has cool local record shops near them. For a lot of people HT and maybe Best Buy or WalMart are the only places to buy physical music. HT is just the place for the cool kids to hate on. I understand that HT carries a lot of stuff that no one on this board gives a shit about which is fine but so do places like Target and Best Buy. Those places carry Bieber and Lady Gaga and Britney Spears and whatever else people on here hate. If you're too embarrassed to be seen in a HT (which is just ridiculous) then you can buy vinyl online.

Also if it werent for HT a lot of records that people have gone crazy for on this board wouldnt even exist. Half of the Blink catalog wouldnt exist on vinyl yet, +44 and Box Car Racer wouldnt exist on vinyl, 40 oz would still be very hard to come by for a decent price, The Chariot Long Live might not be happening, Around the Fur wouldnt exist at all and people would still be paying crazy amounts for Adrenaline pic discs on ebay, Worship & Tribute and EYEWTKAS wouldnt have ever been released on vinyl. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I know a lot of people also buy these HT exclusives and flip them for cash so after all that it seems a bit silly to complain about what HT does in the vinyl world. Especially when some of these releases just had an HT colored variant and a common pressing available to all other retailers which benefits indie shops.

Just sayin...

Well said Travis. I had a shitty HT hate moment a couple weeks ago. I went into the store to pick up some of the $4 vinyl, and then I went to FYE to see what they had. When I was checking out there, I said to the cashier how I hated to see stuff full price and in stock here, but on sale and out of stock at HT. He basically told me I was retarded for shopping at HT because it's a corporation and it's owned by The Gap. Joke's on that motherfucker. I'm never stepping foot in FYE again

Well said Travis. I had a shitty HT hate moment a couple weeks ago. I went into the store to pick up some of the $4 vinyl, and then I went to FYE to see what they had. When I was checking out there, I said to the cashier how I hated to see stuff full price and in stock here, but on sale and out of stock at HT. He basically told me I was retarded for shopping at HT because it's a corporation and it's owned by The Gap. Joke's on that motherfucker. I'm never stepping foot in FYE again

there's an FYE open near you? all the ones in this area are long gone out of business haha. i bet that kid'll be out of a job soon enough!

Some funny shit it in this thread.

Not everyone has cool local record shops near them. For a lot of people HT and maybe Best Buy or WalMart are the only places to buy physical music. HT is just the place for the cool kids to hate on. I understand that HT carries a lot of stuff that no one on this board gives a shit about which is fine but so do places like Target and Best Buy. Those places carry Bieber and Lady Gaga and Britney Spears and whatever else people on here hate. If you're too embarrassed to be seen in a HT (which is just ridiculous) then you can buy vinyl online.

Also if it werent for HT a lot of records that people have gone crazy for on this board wouldnt even exist. Half of the Blink catalog wouldnt exist on vinyl yet, +44 and Box Car Racer wouldnt exist on vinyl, 40 oz would still be very hard to come by for a decent price, The Chariot Long Live might not be happening, Around the Fur wouldnt exist at all and people would still be paying crazy amounts for Adrenaline pic discs on ebay, Worship & Tribute and EYEWTKAS wouldnt have ever been released on vinyl. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I know a lot of people also buy these HT exclusives and flip them for cash so after all that it seems a bit silly to complain about what HT does in the vinyl world. Especially when some of these releases just had an HT colored variant and a common pressing available to all other retailers which benefits indie shops.

Just sayin...

As much as I appreciate Hot Topic for getting labels to release exclusive vinyl to them, it in no way beats a local record shop.

Also the store decor is ridiculous, not everyone wants to feel like they are in a cluttered cave forced to listen to Lady GaGa on 11.

Not to get all anti corporation, but one of the reasons people in small towns only have FYE, Walmart, and Best Buy is because they drove out local shops such as record stores.

i think its ridiculous to hate on hot topic as a source of vinyl. they end up with a bunch of exclusives as previously mentioned, and have some untouchable prices. i still cant get over the modest mouse good news release going for $12.

plus its always a pretty good outlet for getting releases that id have to get online otherwise...like the new set your goals. id much rather grab that while im already in the mall than pay for shipping.

there's an FYE open near you? all the ones in this area are long gone out of business haha. i bet that kid'll be out of a job soon enough!

It baffles me how Tower and Virgin Records both went under but FYE is still alive.

FYE is barely alive. Funny that whatever dumbass that works at FYE said that you're dumb for shopping at HT and how HT is a corporation...as if FYE is some mom and pop place. Pretty sure FYE is owned by Transworld who is apparently absolutely horrible to work for. I know people who work at HT now who have worked for Transworld before and they have said its the most soul-sucking company ever to work for.

Also I never said shopping for records at HT was better than shopping for them at an indie store. Its a different experience. The decor? Its not really decorated, the only thing in the store besides the fixtures is the actual product. Im sure you dont like most of the product except the vinyl but Im guessing you're not really in the target demo for HT either like most of the people on this board haha. Im not here to force people into HT stores, if you dont wanna shop there then dont shop there. Just here to give people a heads up on records they are interested in.

In other news, has anyone received their copy of this & would be willing to post some pics? Debating picking it up.

There's a pic on the first page of this thread and several on the UO website if you haven't seen them. I don't really like the center labels and the red vinyl looks lighter than I'd like (I think it should match the lyric booklet).I also like the standard version's nice tip-on jacket, and it sounds like the UO version is in a cheaper non-gatefold jacket. The novelty factor really seems to be the only thing the red version has going for it.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I did find the red vinyl edition in a UO store. There were about 5 in a midtown manhattan UO. I looked at manhattan UOs a few days ago and found nothing, so I don't know if they were still being delivered or if this is just some kind of test location.

It's in the stores now, I picked one up today.

Ditto. Got mine today in store but they had none out on display. I had to ask a guy who worked there and he said "I'll check in the back, we have a TON of records in the back". Then I looked back at the twenty or so "we crash to the floor every day" records on the shelves and wondered WTF? Like previously stated; it's red and it's not a gatefold.

FYE is barely alive. Funny that whatever dumbass that works at FYE said that you're dumb for shopping at HT and how HT is a corporation...as if FYE is some mom and pop place. Pretty sure FYE is owned by Transworld who is apparently absolutely horrible to work for. I know people who work at HT now who have worked for Transworld before and they have said its the most soul-sucking company ever to work for.

Also I never said shopping for records at HT was better than shopping for them at an indie store. Its a different experience. The decor? Its not really decorated, the only thing in the store besides the fixtures is the actual product. Im sure you dont like most of the product except the vinyl but Im guessing you're not really in the target demo for HT either like most of the people on this board haha. Im not here to force people into HT stores, if you dont wanna shop there then dont shop there. Just here to give people a heads up on records they are interested in.

By decor I meant the exposed faux brick, dimly lit industrial cave like feel that is in every hot topic I've been in (and I've been in at least a dozen for vinyl). But like I said I appreciate it for the vinyl and sale prices. Not into much else in the store.

Ditto. Got mine today in store but they had none out on display. I had to ask a guy who worked there and he said "I'll check in the back, we have a TON of records in the back". Then I looked back at the twenty or so "we crash to the floor every day" records on the shelves and wondered WTF? Like previously stated; it's red and it's not a gatefold.

lol yea I've never seen their records displayed successfully.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':o9cybvdv]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':o9cybvdv]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');