DEFTONES-SNW & S/T HOT TOPIC exclusives

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i'm not the first to say this in here but Travis i fucking love you man.

thanks so much for helping to make this happen. so ridiculously stoked for these...

to the person who doesn't know how to get into deftones:

1. sucks to be you

2. just start with around the fur. that is the quintessential deftones album. if you don't like ATF, you don't like deftones.

I think White Pony makes a pretty nice introduction to the band as well. It was the first Deftones album that I had ever both purchased and listened to all the way through. I had always loved them but never bought an album until 2000. Five years late to being a true die hard fan.

That would be me :)

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

As are you. Glad to help.

Yes, yes, and yes. I don't care how long these take to surface; just being able to [eventually] triumph over eBay prices is enough for me.

THIS

i am so glad i'm going to be able to add these to my collection without paying ridiculous ebay prices. because eventually, i'm sure i would have broken down and done just that.

travis, if i had a christmas card list, you'd totally be on it.

Adrenaline - 7 Words, Root, Birthmark

Around the Fur - Head Up, Be Quiet and Drive, Around the Fur

White Pony - Digital Bath, Knife Prty, Teenager

S/T - When Girls Telephone Boys, Needles and Pins, Bloody Cape

Saturday Night Wrist - Beware, Rats! Rats! Rats!, Combat

Diamond Eyes - Royal, You've Seen the Butcher, Prince

I've left out about a million other songs I would recommend, but go start there, make a mix CD with those and you will be on your way.

And then find the nearest venue they are playing as soon as you can and go see them because you can't fully enjoy Deftones unless you see them live.

I fully support helping someone get into 'tones but Teenager? Really? Man I was stunned to see that.

I just figured to really get a taste of most things they have done, you have to get a bit of their Team Sleep sound. Plus I freakin love that song.

• 2 weeks later...
not a fan of anything after White Pony.

Then ya need ta getchya head chekt, son!

Just kidding.

I can see how S/T is a real turning point and could be a difficult pill to swallow for fans of all the prior albums but I love the damn album so much for being different in that sense. I can also understand being less into SNW but still, its a great Deftones album even though I can't help but think most of those unused Ezrin demos could have become some of the greatest Deftones tracks ever.

not a fan of anything after White Pony.

Then ya need ta getchya head chekt, son!

Just kidding.

I can see how S/T is a real turning point and could be a difficult pill to swallow for fans of all the prior albums but I love the damn album so much for being different in that sense. I can also understand being less into SNW but still, its a great Deftones album even though I can't help but think most of those unused Ezrin demos could have become some of the greatest Deftones tracks ever.

any link of those demos? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...