Keep signatures from fading in clothes?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope that the OP is no more than 15 years old.

19. What 15 year old has the cash to blow on records? or cares?

Hey, my karma has gone up since I've posted this...woo!

I'm sure there are some 15 year olds that spend money on records :P

Also, since it looks like you will continue wearing and washing your shirt, at least wash it inside out.

haha...now my karma went down 3...woo!

Okay, so a lot of judgment calls on what I should do with my stuff, and a lot of things neither I nor anyone else asked for, but does anyone have any actual advice besides wash it inside out?

And thanks to those who did try to help...all 2 of you. But keep the insults and unasked-for judgments coming, please...free bumpage, which might result in someone who can actually help reading this.

people gave you the proper advice but you choose to ignore it. they don't make a product to help retain signatures in t-shirts for idiots who actually continue to wear and wash said t-shirt. next you will be asking people how to prevent a t-shirt from burning after you already threw it into a fire.

Nope, already know how to do that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_Retardant

And yes, this shirt is actually flame retardant. Probably b/c it's made by Sean John.

"those fans were rabid pricks who could care less about actually talking with the members. Just wanted a sig, and get the hell out."

this quote almost sounds like groupie mentality. like the band-aids in almost famous.

getting a shirt signed is a bad idea in general since even permanent marker fades in the wash no matter how you take care of it. To tell you the truth i'm still bewildered by the whole "band autograph" thing. but that's neither here nor there. But i know it's a age thing. if you don't want them to fade don't wear the shirt, if you choose too then you chose so knowing the consequences that the autograph will eventually fade after several washes or from sweat or what not. it's your choice. don't ask for better ways to retain the color of the autograph because there are none short of not wearing it.

but then again at your age that shirt won't be worth much to you once you grow out of your adolescent "I need some band's autographs" phase. i only say this because i was like that when i was 11 and wanted dio's autograph.

"those fans were rabid pricks who could care less about actually talking with the members. Just wanted a sig, and get the hell out."

this quote almost sounds like groupie mentality. like the band-aids in almost famous.

getting a shirt signed is a bad idea in general since even permanent marker fades in the wash no matter how you take care of it. To tell you the truth i'm still bewildered by the whole "band autograph" thing. but that's neither here nor there. But i know it's a age thing. if you don't want them to fade don't wear the shirt, if you choose too then you chose so knowing the consequences that the autograph will eventually fade after several washes or from sweat or what not. it's your choice. don't ask for better ways to retain the color of the autograph because there are none short of not wearing it.

but then again at your age that shirt won't be worth much to you once you grow out of your adolescent "I need some band's autographs" phase. i only say this because i was like that when i was 11 and wanted dio's autograph.

Funny, Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies. So I guess you have me pinned. But I understand just going through and getting stuff signed and that's it, but people were pushing and shoving, crowding them like a mob, etc. One girl cut right in front of me to thrust her ticket in front of Shaun's face while he was talking to another fan, and interrupted, "Can you sign blahblah." Then, when he came over to sign it, she got a text on her phone, and was checking that while he signed it. It was just blatantly obvious that she was doing it on a whim and could care less. Which sucks for people who actually want to talk to the band, being that the time after shows tends to be limited.

I think I already said this above, but getting the shirt signed was not the best item of choice, I admit, but I already had that signed by the New Again line-up, so I decided to just go with that. And it's definitely an age thing...if I didn't already have the shirt signed by the other members, I wouldn't have stayed after. It's cool when you get to talk to the band, but I rarely ever get anything autographed anymore. But I used to be more excited about it, definitely. Now I usually only do it if I'm staying after to meet them--while I'm there, may as well get a record autographed.

I do disagree with the whole "don't ask" thing, though...I do realize the consequences, but it's stupid to not even try to see if there's something out there that'd help. Board's helped before, figured I'd try it out again. ah well.

And maybe, maybe not, who knows. Probably not.

people gave you the proper advice but you choose to ignore it. they don't make a product to help retain signatures in t-shirts for idiots who actually continue to wear and wash said t-shirt. next you will be asking people how to prevent a t-shirt from burning after you already threw it into a fire.

Nope, already know how to do that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_Retardant

And yes, this shirt is actually flame retardant. Probably b/c it's made by Sean John.

;D

Have you thought about retracing it after it fades? Only you would know the difference.

In fact, I should just put autographs on everything from templates of autographs online or whatever and sell some shit for some $$, no-one would know the difference.

That's already 90% of "autographed" shit that is sold online.

Have you thought about retracing it after it fades? Only you would know the difference.

In fact, I should just put autographs on everything from templates of autographs online or whatever and sell some shit for some $$, no-one would know the difference.

I have also actually considered this, b/c it would be SO easy. Tempting. But I think I would rather it be way faded, and still real, than bright and fake. If that makes sense...

Yeah, my summer job right now is selling signed copies of Abbey Road, Nevermind, and Nevermind the Bollocks (sp?).

I don't get the point of getting things signed. I remember one time back when I was 17 I went to see a chiodos show, and Craig Owens was having a meet/greet/sign for the fans before their set and when I got to the front of the line he asked if I had anything to sign and I told him "what am I gonna do with your signature, I just came to say whats up and I like your music" so then we just started hanging and talking about how signing things were dumb while he's just signing autographs for his fans. Made me lol the way these kids just ask for things to get signed for no reason. Some kids even asked me to sign their shirt despite not even knowing who I am(and me being a nobody). lol

If it was something that was super personal to me that was signed, and I had absoultly NO intention of EVER selling it, then I understand where hes coming from. But the chances are that even if im not going to sell it, I would find it insane to ever wear it more then a few times. I dont mind it looking "stupid" on my wall.

I don't get the point of getting things signed. I remember one time back when I was 17 I went to see a chiodos show, and Craig Owens was having a meet/greet/sign for the fans before their set and when I got to the front of the line he asked if I had anything to sign and I told him "what am I gonna do with your signature, I just came to say whats up and I like your music" so then we just started hanging and talking about how signing things were dumb while he's just signing autographs for his fans. Made me lol the way these kids just ask for things to get signed for no reason. Some kids even asked me to sign their shirt despite not even knowing who I am(and me being a nobody). lol

DUDE YOU KNOW CRIAGOWNS OMG I WANTO TO KNW YOU AND BE YOU AND I'M SO THRILEDKJHAKDHGLKASJHGALKGHAG.