NEW FOUND GLORY - CATALYST VINYL LP

i really wonder why major labels don't press more of their albums and back catalog. they seem to care about money, and with the higher than average prices they usually charge for LP's they could easily make a good profit off of certain bands. but they also seem to care about least amount of work as possible, and selling albums digitally is pretty much zero work compared to getting one of their catalog titles pressed on vinyl.

i really wonder why major labels don't press more of their albums and back catalog. they seem to care about money, and with the higher than average prices they usually charge for LP's they could easily make a good profit off of certain bands. but they also seem to care about least amount of work as possible, and selling albums digitally is pretty much zero work compared to getting one of their catalog titles pressed on vinyl.

I think a lot of majors dont realize that people want things like this. To them its just some random catalog title that probably doesnt still sell a ton of copies every week.

I think a lot of majors dont realize that people want things like this. To them its just some random catalog title that probably doesnt still sell a ton of copies every week.

then you should turn up the heat on some of the majors about pressing some bands/titles and let them know there is demand bys showing them threads like this. i'm sure you already do Travis trying to get things for Hot Topic, but being a bug in their ear couldn't hurt too much. sell them on the fact it will be a limited title and they won't have thousands of unsold product laying around and huge overhead.

then you should turn up the heat on some of the majors about pressing some bands/titles and let them know there is demand bys showing them threads like this. i'm sure you already do Travis trying to get things for Hot Topic, but being a bug in their ear couldn't hurt too much. sell them on the fact it will be a limited title and they won't have thousands of unsold product laying around and huge overhead.

If it were that easy this would already be pressed. They have to be really convinced they can sell a lot of copies or I have to agree to take a pretty large qty and sometimes its way more than Id ever be able to sell. Then sometimes even that isnt enough to get them to do it. Ive asked about a lot of titles and sometimes they just wont do it. They are starting to come around more and more which is cool. There is some cool major label stuff coming some time this year that people will be stoked on. Fans of NFG will be stoked pretty soon :)

Fans of NFG will be stoked pretty soon :)

Jun 21, 2011, 1:52am, chutterhanban wrote:

@TRAVIS -

Any word on some of these re-pressings?

Particularly on this list from which you said one was happening soon:

Relient K - mmhmm

thrice - artist in the ambluance

underoath - they're only chasing safety

new found glory - self titled (not picture disk)

new found glory - nothing gold can stay

Travis: Yea one is for sure still happening soon haha :)

Cant say much else.

Connection? Just tell me if I can start bidding on those few Mmhmms that are popping up on ebay. Want that record, but do not want to spend $70 just in time for it to get a repress. pretty please?????????

I cant confirm or deny anything. Just saying NFG fans will be stoked soon.

How about us international fans? Can we expect $30 shipping? Can we expect the full value to be marked on our packages? (My last order resulted in £27 customs fees) I'd have been cheaper giving money to an ebay flipper..

I know this isn't your fault Travis, and believe me i appreciate everything you do here. Basically i'm just hoping something might have been done about this?

How about us international fans? Can we expect $30 shipping? Can we expect the full value to be marked on our packages? (My last order resulted in £27 customs fees) I'd have been cheaper giving money to an ebay flipper..

I know this isn't your fault Travis, and believe me i appreciate everything you do here. Basically i'm just hoping something might have been done about this?

how is any of that related to this thread?

How about us international fans? Can we expect $30 shipping?

this

and again this

Travis is not to blame...Though Hot Topic should fix this soon.

In the 21st century it ain't too difficult to satisfy international customers as well.

how is any of that related to this thread?

Well Nips, the New Found Glory news Travis mentioned i would assume to be record related (this is a forum for Vinyl collectors after all!) and would be stocked by the chain he is employed by. Thus Hot Topic will most likely be the only place people from overseas will be able to purchase from.

Tough concept to grasp, i know. So don't feel too bad..

not quite sure if anyone notices this, or if I'm incorrect, but when you go to NFG's webstore, the first cd you see is Nothing Gold Can Stay, and I thought that cd was one of the rarer ones to find. A reissue perhaps, that would coincide with a reissue of the album on vinyl?

I could be very wrong, though...

not quite sure if anyone notices this, or if I'm incorrect, but when you go to NFG's webstore, the first cd you see is Nothing Gold Can Stay, and I thought that cd was one of the rarer ones to find. A reissue perhaps, that would coincide with a reissue of the album on vinyl?

I could be very wrong, though...

could be wrong, but probably right.

i think we can safely narrow that rk, uo, thrice, nfg reissue list down to the 2 nfg's, nothing gold... and s/t.

My fiancés mom sent a letter to bob Evans about how they're bread nazis(her words verbatim)for not bringing free bread to the table and she got a bunch of free shit. ;-)

And why is this a good thing? She complained about not getting more free stuff and got free stuff. Sick brag about knowing an internet panhandler.

Also, totally want the NFG.

My fiancés mom sent a letter to bob Evans about how they're bread nazis(her words verbatim)for not bringing free bread to the table and she got a bunch of free shit. ;-)

And why is this a good thing? She complained about not getting more free stuff and got free stuff. Sick brag about knowing an internet panhandler.

Also, totally want the NFG.

Actually Bob Evans doesn't give out "free" bread at all, unless she meant the two pieces that come with the meal. In either case she should probably try not being a twat and pay for her food. Reconsider the engagement, that's your fiancée in 30 years.

The waitress probably spat on it then went in back and popped some vicodin. This coming from someone who worked there long ago in high school.

As for the real topic, I'd take the self titled or Nothing Gold. Soundtracks of my youth.

There was talk earlier this year of a bunch of different labels each issuing/reissuing one of NFG's records on vinyl. I know 6131, Bridge 9 and No Sleep were all involved with it, can't remember the other labels. (No Sleep was supposed to do Coming Home, I remember that.) No idea if it's still happening, though.