NOFX to release awful EP from '84 in 7" boxset

I've never understood the hate for Wolves. My first NoFX album was The War on Errorism (no, not 13 just always skipped over NoFX until about 7 years ago. I fucking loved it. Then I picked up Wolves and I wasn't impressed at all but it grew on me and now I still love it. Then Coaster hit. ugh. Coaster feels like its NoFX's bid to pick back up the party punks that they shirked off after they decided to politicize their message with Errorism and the whole Punkvoter thing.

For me it's:

1. The Decline

2. Punk In Drublic

3. The War on Errorism

4. Wolves in Wolves Clothing

5. So Long and Thanks

6. Heavy Petting Zoo

7. Pump Up The Valuum

8. S And M Airlines

9. White Trash

10. Coaster

11. Ribbed

12. Liberal Animation

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ne19mdnd]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ne19mdnd]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i'm going to have to agree with mr. spinmeround on this one.

pump up the valium and everything after was absolute bullshit.

keep in mind this is just opinion.

and your opinion, is also opinion.

so long and thanks for all the shoes was their last decent album, and the decline was only afew beats short of a masterpiece.

that may have been an opinion but it appears that your ears are broken

i dunno.

maybe i just grew out of them.

i got my first nofx album when i was 11 or 12 (i'm 28 now)

it was a cd copy of White Trash, gifted to me by my uncle because we watched The Chase together, and i liked that song "please play this song on the radio" and he thought it was rad that i enjoyed a nofx song.

i followed them very closely ever since then until the release of Pump Up The Valium, which was a real big turn off for me.

war on errorism also turned me off.

i also gave Wolf and Coaster a chance too, but didn't care.

they just don't feel the same to me.

when i do listen to the NOFX records i still enjoy, i find most of that enjoyment coming from nostalgia anyway.

Not true at all.

i'm going to have to agree with mr. spinmeround on this one.

pump up the valium and everything after was absolute bullshit.

keep in mind this is just opinion.

and your opinion, is also opinion.

so long and thanks for all the shoes was their last decent album, and the decline was only afew beats short of a masterpiece.

I'm so with you on this.

Anything after the decline is good, but I prefer the early stuff like punk in drublic, ribbed, white trash, etc more than the newer stuff. I'll listen to anything at the end of the day though...

Naw, I really liked it.

If you took out "My Vagina" and added another song with some gravity, something like "My Orphan Year". Then it would have been a fantastic album all around. It just seems like one of those NoFX albums that doesn't have the humor and intelligence working in tandem. That's how why NoFX works, to me anyway. A solid blend of goofy punk blended with introspective insight.

That album had some straight killers :

Take Two Placebos, Thank God It's Monday, Dinosaurs, Bottles, Herojuana, THE FUCKING THEME and my favorite Total Bummer.

Am I the only one who really like Pump Up The Valuum?

This guy does. I don't understand why people don't like this album and The War On Errorism. Both have a bunch of pretty excellent songs. Wolves was OK which I understand because they re-recorded a bunch of it but Coaster was decent. Still a huge fan of everything from S&M to So Long though.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw, but Fatty recently ranked the NOFX albums on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/FatMike_of_NOFX/status/94564918820483073

Ok, for the record: 1SLATFATS 2 errorism 3 PID 4 wolves 5 Valium 6 white Trash 7 coaster 8 ribbed 9 heavy petting 10 SM 11 liberal 12 ?

I agree with this.

i like the song dinosaurs will die. not a big NOFX fan but i would have to agree that the decline was probably the last good thing they did. got war on errorism when i was like 13 and even then i didn't like it. a

on a side note - i don't know how often they do this, but i saw them play the decline in it's entirety live once. pretty sweet actually.

i like the song dinosaurs will die. not a big NOFX fan but i would have to agree that the decline was probably the last good thing they did. got war on errorism when i was like 13 and even then i didn't like it. a

on a side note - i don't know how often they do this, but i saw them play the decline in it's entirety live once. pretty sweet actually.

Fuckers said that they play it once in every city they go to. The second time they came through here they said their manager told them we already got to see them play it. Their manager must not have been paying attention because I saw em both times and I'm pretty sure I never heard it.

I might have zoned out for 18 minutes though.

Fuckers said that they play it once in every city they go to. The second time they came through here they said their manager told them we already got to see them play it. Their manager must not have been paying attention because I saw em both times and I'm pretty sure I never heard it.

well, seeing as though their manager is a raging alcoholic (or atleast thats what i gathered from watching Backstage Passport), he probably had absolutely no fucking idea what he was talking about.

PUTV and SLATFTS are my two favorite NOFX records.

This. And no matter what your opinion is on their more recent releases, they are still by far one of the most entertaining and talented live bands to play these days.

They did a choreographed dance version of "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" from Avenue Q as their show closer. Laughed my ass ass off while half the crowd tried to grasp what was happening.

Guest markovianprocess
and my favorite Total Bummer.

I just found on Spotify that Silverstein covered this song on acoustics. It actually sounds really good!

well, seeing as though their manager is a raging alcoholic (or atleast thats what i gathered from watching Backstage Passport), he probably had absolutely no fucking idea what he was talking about.

it should be the encore for every show they play, ever.

though they would probably grow tired of this, i doubt the fans will.