Northstar Reunion....maybe???

Northstar existed before Taking Back Sunday I believe...but they are friends, used to tour together. I actually heard about Taking Back Sunday through these guys, the earlier demo stuff with Adam before "Tell All Your Friends" came out...wish I still had a copy of those demos. Also worth noting that in the Liner notes of "Tell All Your Friends" they thank Northstar as the best band ever or something along those lines (don't have the liner notes in front of me).

Thats cool, they have a very similar sound. I like them both.

Northstar existed before Taking Back Sunday I believe...but they are friends, used to tour together. I actually heard about Taking Back Sunday through these guys, the earlier demo stuff with Adam before "Tell All Your Friends" came out...wish I still had a copy of those demos. Also worth noting that in the Liner notes of "Tell All Your Friends" they thank Northstar as the best band ever or something along those lines (don't have the liner notes in front of me).

I haven't heard any of the early Taking Back Sunday before Adam took over vocals for them...but the early Northstar before Nick took over vocal duties and song-writing duties was "Hardcore" tinged, I specifically remember my friends warning me to not get into the pit during my 17th birthday...I was tiny, and the crowd got pretty violent during their early sets...during their first song I went over to their merch table and picked up their first demo with what was left of my birthday money that year, probably one of very few CD's (especially burned CDRs) that I still have from that long ago, I've got all their other actual demo CDRs as well...with the exception of the 6-song demo which first had Nick on vocals with Blind Crush and Arrows and all of those songs....i have 5 of the 6 mp3s from that demo though.

their music just brings back such excellent memories from my younger days

I haven't heard any of the early Taking Back Sunday before Adam took over vocals for them...but the early Northstar before Nick took over vocal duties and song-writing duties was "Hardcore" tinged, I specifically remember my friends warning me to not get into the pit during my 17th birthday...I was tiny, and the crowd got pretty violent during their early sets...during their first song I went over to their merch table and picked up their first demo with what was left of my birthday money that year, probably one of very few CD's (especially burned CDRs) that I still have from that long ago, I've got all their other actual demo CDRs as well...with the exception of the 6-song demo which first had Nick on vocals with Blind Crush and Arrows and all of those songs....i have 5 of the 6 mp3s from that demo though.

i remember seeing a sticker on the cover of Is This Thing Loaded? with that blurb by TBS. and that's actually one of the things that persuaded me to buy that CD. haha. turned out to be one of the best blind buys i ever did.

i remember seeing a sticker on the cover of Is This Thing Loaded? with that blurb by TBS. and that's actually one of the things that persuaded me to buy that CD. haha. turned out to be one of the best blind buys i ever did.

whoever came up with the idea to put that sticker on the front of those CDs would be stoked to know that their idea worked

whoever came up with the idea to put that sticker on the front of those CDs would be stoked to know that their idea worked

• 2 years later...

Would you still happen to have those demos? I've always been wanting to hear/have them