Scammed again by bullshit claims of ltd pressings!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hob·by/ˈhäbē/Noun

1. An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

You are right. You guys don't receive any pleasure from this activity so we can't call it The Hobby.

Why do you even care why someone else collects records? We all have the same fuckin' disease!

Hot Topic "exclusives" aren't meant for high school freshman?

Ohhh thats what you meant. Yea of course, you have to show your high school ID before you can buy any HT exclusive vinyl.

Im guessing you're a troll from vlv?

Just an observation. I have, literally, never seen an adult (other than employees) in a Hot Topic. Then again, you can't see much as you're walking by.

Have never been a member of VLV. Just here and DF. I'm curious where the animosity between VC and VLV comes from since that was from before my interweb times. Is it just a rivalry between two vinyl boards because they both exist, or is it actual content/members/rules?

Well HT is a TEEN retailer. Of course its mostly teens but there's a ton of people who buy vinyl (and other things) from HT who are adults.

I personally think message board "wars" or whatever you wanna call them are about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of but for some reason some too-cool-for-school types from vlv comes over here just to post dumb shit and make fun of people for collecting variants and what not. Its all pretty dumb.

The comment you made that I commented back about is the type of stuff that people from vlv come over to to post so I assumed you were from vlv. Whatever though, it doesnt really matter.

I personally think message board "wars" or whatever you wanna call them are about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of but for some reason some too-cool-for-school types from vlv comes over here just to post dumb shit and make fun of people for collecting variants and what not. Its all pretty dumb.

That's fucking stupid. Don't they know that if they buy one of two possible colours that they're still collecting "variants"? Or do they not buy a record unless it was only released in one colour?

I just got really sick of represses turning people into idiots incapable of using the internet or logic. The week before I left California two high school kids came into the store and one asked if I had "the newest Ramones record". So I told them that the last Ramones record was Adios Amigos, but that was 16 years ago and I asked if that was the one he was looking for. He said he didn't know the name and they looked around the store for 10-15 minutes while I fixed a guitar. Ramones kid came up to the register and proclaimed his happiness for finding the record he wanted and his readiness to get his record and go home. When I got to the register and looked at the record on the counter, I explained to him that Rocket To Russia came out in 1977, this repress came out in 2001 and Ramones released 11 LPs after that. He proceeded to argue that he saw on the internet that there was a "new" Ramones record out and this was it because he recognised the gold 180 gram sticker. I showed him other Ramones represses on the shelf like the self titled that was repressed in 2001 as well and Road To Ruin, which I explained to him was repressed in 2005 making his claim that Rocket To Russia was a "new" Ramones record, or even the last, a moot point. His only response was to call me stupid, say that I suck and that I'm wrong and don't know anything, get his friend and leave. End of long, semi-pointless story.

That's fucking stupid. Don't they know that if they buy one of two possible colours that they're still collecting "variants"? Or do they not buy a record unless it was only released in one colour?

I just got really sick of represses turning people into idiots incapable of using the internet or logic. The week before I left California two high school kids came into the store and one asked if I had "the newest Ramones record". So I told them that the last Ramones record was Adios Amigos, but that was 16 years ago and I asked if that was the one he was looking for. He said he didn't know the name and they looked around the store for 10-15 minutes while I fixed a guitar. Ramones kid came up to the register and proclaimed his happiness for finding the record he wanted and his readiness to get his record and go home. When I got to the register and looked at the record on the counter, I explained to him that Rocket To Russia came out in 1977, this repress came out in 2001 and Ramones released 11 LPs after that. He proceeded to argue that he saw on the internet that there was a "new" Ramones record out and this was it because he recognised the gold 180 gram sticker. I showed him other Ramones represses on the shelf like the self titled that was repressed in 2001 as well and Road To Ruin, which I explained to him was repressed in 2005 making his claim that Rocket To Russia was a "new" Ramones record, or even the last, a moot point. His only response was to call me stupid, say that I suck and that I'm wrong and don't know anything, get his friend and leave. End of long, semi-pointless story.

that's kind of sad actually...

I'm never a dick to (potential) customers. You lose business that way. I politely answer questions and give only true information. He was the one acting all douche-baggy in my store. All I did was tell him the truth. He was only embarrassed because he entered uninformed and entitled and left informed and incorrect.

Well, you're both wrong. The first 4 Ramones LPs were yet again repressed a few weeks ago.

In other news I sold my 180g Rocket to Russia and picked up the Super Savers Series repress all in the past day. Avoid those 2005 represses!