FREE Chick-fil-a breakfast entree

tokimedo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, being politically correct and a faux-activist IS the new punk.

What are you typing these messages on? A computer? Same one that's gonna end up in Agbogbloshie, being picked apart by black children? Who is your internet provider? Is it a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate?

I'm not trying to argue with you, or call your views futile, or criticize. At the end of the day, I 100% feel like people should do what feels right, but I also 100% think they should not try to shove their views, or their liberal guilt, or whatever, on other people.

That said, it's like being in a maze, sometimes. You can always try to make sure you're an informed consumer, but no matter what, every choice is a dead end. The only way out is by not consuming anything you didn't produce.

Everybody with an "environmentalist" bumper sticker on their Prius can suck it. They're the worst kind of fucking hypocrites, anybody with that kind of mentality.

Do what fits your conscience, however you can rationalize or justify every decision. But don't shove your shit on other people. I've never even eaten at a Chicken Filet, but if I did and I enjoy it, it wouldn't be because I hate the filthy sodomites.

I'm limited in my choice of ISP, and some of my computer parts might end up in an electronics dump in some third world country, but that would be beyond my control. The fact is that sometimes we don't really have a choice and it is a lose/lose situation, but not every time.

If you think you're completely powerless to affect change, then maybe you are.

I'll keep trying even if it is "faux-activism" and completely futile.

Aww. Don't be like that!

Here's the thing; those things are NOT beyond your control. You don't have to have internet. You don't need to have a computer. At all. At all! Maybe you need to if you want to continue your current lifestyle. But you won't die without them. Am I to assume that, because you need these things for work or school or to perpetuate your own standard of living, that you just plain don't give a fuck about the impact they have on the world, and you believe your happiness is so much more important than West African children not living in a toxic dump?

I don't believe that about you at all! I think you seem like a nice enough person, trying to do what you believe is the right thing. And that's pretty okay by me.

It's not as easy (or as punk) as saying fuck it, I know.

This part does stick in my craw a little bit, though. You want to talk about doing what's easy? What's easier than "making a difference" by just choosing a different place to eat!

Please tell me you at least actively belong to a pro-LGBT group and have personally spoken to your political leaders about their views on the topic...

Again. I don't mean to come off like I'm criticizing you, personally. I'm not even sure if I'm capable of holding an internet grudge, besides against danthemjfan23. I guess I'm just sharing the way I see things.

I have a friend who is transgendered that is always harping on this or that or the other gay rights agenda platform piece of the week. This same friend only recently learned who Harvey Milk is, and still doesn't know what the Stonewall Riots were... I'm all for people being informed and doing what they think is right, but I'm pretty well not down with having anything shoved in my face, whether it's conservative rage or liberal guilt. I have enough things tearing at my heart. I know my life is just a cog in a big fucked up machine. Everyone else's is, too. Born guilty.

It's not as easy (or as punk) as saying fuck it, I know.

This part does stick in my craw a little bit, though. You want to talk about doing what's easy? What's easier than "making a difference" by just choosing a different place to eat!

Please tell me you at least actively belong to a pro-LGBT group and have personally spoken to your political leaders about their views on the topic...

Again. I don't mean to come off like I'm criticizing you, personally. I'm not even sure if I'm capable of holding an internet grudge, besides against danthemjfan23. I guess I'm just sharing the way I see things.

I have a friend who is transgendered that is always harping on this or that or the other gay rights agenda platform piece of the week. This same friend only recently learned who Harvey Milk is, and still doesn't know what the Stonewall Riots were... I'm all for people being informed and doing what they think is right, but I'm pretty well not down with having anything shoved in my face, whether it's conservative rage or liberal guilt. I have enough things tearing at my heart. I know my life is just a cog in a big fucked up machine. Everyone else's is, too. Born guilty.

Interesting read. Thank you.

The part about your friend who just learned who Harvey Milk was touched me personally. Up until 3 years ago I was a hardcore Conservative who was all.... anti-gay... blah. I'm really embarrassed about it but it was actually gay marriage that turned me to "the dark side." I would argue with people about defending marriage and I couldn't convince myself that it was worth defending let alone arguing. That was how I got started getting away from the Republican party.

Interesting read. Thank you.

The part about your friend who just learned who Harvey Milk was touched me personally. Up until 3 years ago I was a hardcore Conservative who was all.... anti-gay... blah. I'm really embarrassed about it but it was actually gay marriage that turned me to "the dark side." I would argue with people about defending marriage and I couldn't convince myself that it was worth defending let alone arguing. That was how I got started getting away from the Republican party.

I try.

I'm not even really that good of friends with this person anymore. I think they were posting here for a while. They did a whole lot things that just annoyed the piss out of me, and their roommate (who I've been friends with longer, anyway).

This is going to sound kind of mean, but after a lifetime of people not liking them because of their sexual orientation, I think they find it impossible to accept that the roommate and I find them annoying for reasons completely unrelated to that.

I don't care if someone considers themselves a woman when they were born male. But it does annoy the shit out of me when they are a whiny, narcissistic, lazy, self-absorbed, mooching twat with no sense of humor about themselves!

This happens to me all the time—a few record stores I go to are located right by a Chik-fil-a, and my usual plan is to buy a shake there with some money I got from selling CDs or something, but 9 times out of 10 it's a Sunday, and I shake my fist at the sky.

These wouldnt be cds you got for free

hahahahaha