Thrice - Illusion of Safety question

avery

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're identical. Keep yer fingers crossed!!! ;)

thanks. i passed on an auction where someone was selling a sealed copy for $45. i didn't want to chance getting a black one for that much when it can be easily had for less coming from the UK. lol.

the person was also selling sealed 1st pressings of beggars for $125.

i appreciate the answer regarding both though. when i google searched images of the two, it looked like the gold had a hopeless recs sticker on the shrink wrap and the black one didn't but it could've just been a coincidence and the black ones could've just had it removed already.

They're identical. Keep yer fingers crossed!!! ;)

thanks. i passed on an auction where someone was selling a sealed copy for $45. i didn't want to chance getting a black one for that much when it can be easily had for less coming from the UK. lol.

the person was also selling sealed 1st pressings of beggars for $125.

i appreciate the answer regarding both though. when i google searched images of the two, it looked like the gold had a hopeless recs sticker on the shrink wrap and the black one didn't but it could've just been a coincidence and the black ones could've just had it removed already.

If I recall correctly when I got my black one waaaaaay back in the day it had a sticker on the front, I could be wrong though. It was so long ago.

If I recall correctly when I got my black one waaaaaay back in the day it had a sticker on the front, I could be wrong though. It was so long ago.

i figured that was likely. before i started the thread, i kept trying to see if i could tell on the photos of LPs with stickers if it said anything that indicated it was gold. haha.

i asked the person selling their sealed copy a bunch of questions but it didn't go anywhere. you guys have been more helpful, so thanks.

My gold copy still has the shrink (and any stickers) on the sleeve. As far as I can tell, it's identical to the regular version's packaging. And if that seller is asking $125 for a copy of Beggars, I can almost assure you that their TIOS is on black. Otherwise, they'd probably be asking for $300. Ridiculous BINs are ridiculous.

My gold copy still has the shrink (and any stickers) on the sleeve. As far as I can tell, it's identical to the regular version's packaging. And if that seller is asking $125 for a copy of Beggars, I can almost assure you that their TIOS is on black. Otherwise, they'd probably be asking for $300. Ridiculous BINs are ridiculous.

you know what's more ridiculous? they weren't BIN prices. they were opening bids. no one bought the sealed beggars albums, but someone did put in the $45 bid for the sealed IOS.

i figured the same as you in regards to it going for more if there was a good chance it was gold. at the same time, i thought maybe the seller had the beggars albums going for more because they were sealed and autographed. he/she also had an opened beggars that started off at $0.01 and ended up going for $61.

sealed beggars!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THRICE-Beggars-V....it em415cf64f7b

beggars on red for $61:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THRICE-Beggars-V.... item415cf63c74

i don't have a copy myself and am patiently waiting for a more reasonably priced one to pop up, but maybe the prices are going up because of the new album attention... that's all i can guess.

oh and ya, i laughed at that $200 listing. there are others that are going for more than you can currently buy them at other non ebay shops that have bids on them, too.

there is like 4 copies of beggars at the hot topic here, id be stupid not to flip them if i can get even half of that for them.

just gotta say, this dude rules. i was able to get a copy of beggars from the AK store for waaaaay cheaper than what they're going for on ebay. thanks man.

Just a thought... someone should create a fake ebay account for the sole purpose of buying all the ridiculous priced BIN auctions and then never pay.

i think there's a guy out there with multiple accounts who is buying expensive records and not paying...

i had one more question about this release on vinyl. it's been brought to my attention that the black copies might have "you can save my life" and "you could snap my neck" etched on each side of the record like the gold ones do. is this true?

there is like 4 copies of beggars at the hot topic here, id be stupid not to flip them if i can get even half of that for them.

Are they the numbered version?! If so, will you pick one up for me? I'll toss you a couple extra bucks for the work!

pretty sure there's only one left now after i got mine and i only had my friend buy one.

i had one more question about this release on vinyl. it's been brought to my attention that the black copies might have "you can save my life" and "you could snap my neck" etched on each side of the record like the gold ones do. is this true?

do you mean etched in the matrix? i looked on my black copy and there wasn't anything there.

do you mean etched in the matrix? i looked on my black copy and there wasn't anything there.

ya, i'm assuming that's where it should be. someone with a black copy says his has it. just wondering if they're all like that or just his.

i'm trying to figure out the differences between the 2 other than just the color. thanks for your reply.

ya, i'm assuming that's where it should be. someone with a black copy says his has it. just wondering if they're all like that or just his.

i'm trying to figure out the differences between the 2 other than just the color. thanks for your reply.

It is my copy she is referring to, which I bought new, so I received it sealed. In the blank area right outside the Side A/Side B label along with the other random letter/number etchings my vinyl has "You could save my life" and on the other side "You could snap my neck"