favourite boxsets!?

came here to say Eluvium "Life Through Bombardment".

i will back the Nada Surf box and Murder By Death boxes (wooden or standard). i'm a little bummed my wooden box came wrecked but i got an unnumbered replacement at least.

i enjoyed the Portishead "Third" box but it could have used more than the Machine Drum 12". had to buy the other individually.

[image]

Slayer "The Vinyl Conflict" was probably the best buy for the price vs. content.

[image]

i actually really liked the Underoath "Lost In The Sound Of Separation" 2x10" saw blade records, cd/dvd box. it's fancy but over the top for a single album.

[image]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MF Doom: Special Herbs 0-9

I put this one together. Glad someone else liked it. Seven months of arguments, but I was stoked about the final product.

It's a really rad set. I did alot of research on it before getting it because there were so many varying things being said about whether the songs were complete or just snippets like the SH 2xCD a few years back. It's definitely a prize in my collection now.

I put this one together. Glad someone else liked it. Seven months of arguments, but I was stoked about the final product.

It's a really rad set. I did alot of research on it before getting it because there were so many varying things being said about whether the songs were complete or just snippets like the SH 2xCD a few years back. It's definitely a prize in my collection now.

ditto. Definitely an awesome Box Set, considering how much the other Special Herbs were going for.

ditto. Definitely an awesome Box Set, considering how much the other Special Herbs were going for.

Musically, its such a damn essential on vinyl. I was trying to go for the whole "metal fingers" vibe by having 5 metallic jackets. Wanted the box to be a bit sturdier though. But I think with 10 Records, a 45, a poster, and the whole thing on the DL card its a decent bang for your buck for an indie label release.

Musically, its such a damn essential on vinyl. I was trying to go for the whole "metal fingers" vibe by having 5 metallic jackets. Wanted the box to be a bit sturdier though. But I think with 10 Records, a 45, a poster, and the whole thing on the DL card its a decent bang for your buck for an indie label release.

I ended up buying it used for 70 and I thought that was a steal but even at the retail 90 it's still a really reasonable price. I like the metallic jackets alot - at first I was bummed because I wanted repros of the original sleeves with the comics but as I listened to the box and handled the sleeves, I really came to appreciate the uniformity in all of them - I definitely get the metal fingers vibe from that packaging. The stark black of the box itself is really nice and sits nicely on the shelf. Definitely one of the best releases of this year.

Can you spearhead getting Madlib's Medicine Show comps into a similar box. It'd be nice to have them all in something as comphensive as the SH box.

no pic readily available:

Harmless Records 10x7" box set; #/100

includes:

Connie Dungs - Missy & Johnny on blue

The Letterbombs - S/T on clear

The Letterbombs - What the Hell... on blue

Lynyrd's Innards - Houston... on green

Thirty Seconds Deep - Hot Carl on black

Walker - S/T on black

The Wayouts - S/T on black

Boy Named Sue/84 Mariners on red

Apocalypse Hoboken/Oblivion on black