Is my vinyl supposed to be in this condition

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, well I'm not an expert and never claimed to be, LOL. Sorry to all the 'vinyl snobs' on here that know all the ins and outs!

Shut up about it already. Constantly being defensive gives the impression that you're trolling.

why don't you shut up about it and tell everyone else to do the same? I posted a question as a new member and got flamed for no reason whatsoever....Of course I'm gonna get a lil' defensive when I was just seeking an answer. gimme a break, there's no reason for the hostility.

Yea, well I'm not an expert and never claimed to be, LOL. Sorry to all the 'vinyl snobs' on here that know all the ins and outs!

Shut up about it already. Constantly being defensive gives the impression that you're trolling.

why don't you shut up about it and tell everyone else to do the same? I posted a question as a new member and got flamed for no reason whatsoever....Of course I'm gonna get a lil' defensive when I was just seeking an answer. gimme a break, there's no reason for the hostility.

I was expecting an epic jpeg or gif from you on this one. Man you really let me down :-*

I was expecting an epic jpeg or gif from you on this one. Man you really let me down :-*

Every person deals differently and some are more defensive than others if they feel provoked. Not that I don't think that qualifies as trolling in some instances, but in others it could simply be a person reacting. I'm not trying to personally be this person's defendant but I can understand how she'd feel a bit bummed coming onto a vinyl forum and asking a question about a vinyl record and being called a troll because the question is a common one. For folks who hang around this forum, it can get tiring to see the question asked repeatedly but doing searches to see if the question has been asked already doesn't always yield the answer the person may be looking for. I'm fairly new here and I'm still intimidated by folks with higher post counts who've been here since the board's inception - sometimes questions asked by new folks are greeted with derision and that could run off folks who may have cool things to say. We're all here because we love records, being more gracious to each other isn't the hugest request.

No war meant, just playing devil's advocate.

Every person deals differently and some are more defensive than others if they feel provoked. Not that I don't think that qualifies as trolling in some instances, but in others it could simply be a person reacting. I'm not trying to personally be this person's defendant but I can understand how she'd feel a bit bummed coming onto a vinyl forum and asking a question about a vinyl record and being called a troll because the question is a common one. For folks who hang around this forum, it can get tiring to see the question asked repeatedly but doing searches to see if the question has been asked already doesn't always yield the answer the person may be looking for. I'm fairly new here and I'm still intimidated by folks with higher post counts who've been here since the board's inception - sometimes questions asked by new folks are greeted with derision and that could run off folks who may have cool things to say. We're all here because we love records, being more gracious to each other isn't the hugest request.

someone has an internet girlfriend. oOoOoOo ;)

someone has an internet girlfriend. oOoOoOo ;)

Not at all. I just think it's silly that folks pick on others on a forum when they ask a question that is seen as outlandish and instantly call it trolling. This person has posted in other threads so clearly she isn't here to rile folks up over an ink blotch. I've been collecting for nearly a decade and in that time have accumulated nearly 3,000 records (I'm not bragging, I'm friends with folks whose houses and apartments are threatening to fall in on them from the sheer volume of their collections). As I've lurked here for nearly three years before signing up and posting, I only have 350 posts to my name. The low post count doesn't make me any less valid and elsie's question isn't any less valid if she's never seen a colored vinyl record before.

I can post a pic of myself and my (unreasonably cute) wife to offset any suspicions of bias if you'd like. ;)

Not at all. I just think it's silly that folks pick on others on a forum when they ask a question that is seen as outlandish and instantly call it trolling. This person has posted in other threads so clearly she isn't here to rile folks up over an ink blotch. I've been collecting for nearly a decade and in that time have accumulated nearly 3,000 records (I'm not bragging, I'm friends with folks whose houses and apartments are threatening to fall in on them from the sheer volume of their collections). As I've lurked here for nearly three years before signing up and posting, I only have 350 posts to my name. The low post count doesn't make me any less valid and elsie's question isn't any less valid if she's never seen a colored vinyl record before.

I can post a pic of myself and my (unreasonably cute) wife to offset any suspicions of bias if you'd like. ;)

Again, +1.

Again, +1.