New Banner Pilot and Dead TO Me Up @ FAT

Got my colored copy today. It's pretty much all blue. Won't know if it's any good until I get PRESSING INFO, but I'm pretty sure this album rules.

ZING!

Also to all the people who got Banner Pilot did you order it with the new Dead To Me or no? Dead To Me did have their vinyl with them at the CMJ showcase so I'm wondering if its just a processing thing.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my colored copy today. It's pretty much all blue. Won't know if it's any good until I get PRESSING INFO, but I'm pretty sure this album rules.

ZING!

Also to all the people who got Banner Pilot did you order it with the new Dead To Me or no? Dead To Me did have their vinyl with them at the CMJ showcase so I'm wondering if its just a processing thing.

I ordered them separately

Well got my Banner Pilot record. Have to say, I'm disappointed in the record. And I'm not trying to shit on these guys, but my expectations were much higher in anticipation to this release. Very disappointed. If this is all Banner Pilot is able to churn out as a band, they should hang em up. The record is very underwhelming.

Now the new Dead To Me, is truly great, and would of been a much better follow up to Cuban Ballerina and Little Brother. Good to see Chicken has another force in the band that can help illustrate and execute his aesthetic and vision. No doubt Jack Dalrymple will always be the original to do this, and Cuban Ballerina will always be arguably the bands best record. However Sam is a great fit, and another perfect counterpart to Chickens baby that is Dead To Me.

Is anyone else having issues with their Banner Pilot download codes? I would say it's something with my computer/internet connection, but I've been able to use download codes from three or four other records successfully within the last few days. Just curious.

anyone else's banner pilot record arrive with the shrink wrap already cut open and the download card missing?

mine just arrived with no download card but the shrink wasn't cut. (shrugs shoulders). it would have been nice to listen too since i don't have a stereo due to the move and probably won't have another till i start working again. oh well. no biggie.

anyone else's banner pilot record arrive with the shrink wrap already cut open and the download card missing?

mine just arrived with no download card but the shrink wasn't cut. (shrugs shoulders). it would have been nice to listen too since i don't have a stereo due to the move and probably won't have another till i start working again. oh well. no biggie.

When I opened my record, and pulled it out, I looked everywhere for the download code. Apparently, when I pulled the vinyl out of the sleeve, the dl code came out with it and flew half way across the room. I spotted it later on and all was well. Check your floor maybe?

I love Banner Pilot, but there are a few things that seem off to me about the new record. I've listened to the record a couple of times now and I think it comes down to two things. The first thing is that if you pay attention to the vocals, there isn't much inflection in them compared to the previous material. While it's more present in the first half of the record than in the second half, this makes the album seem like it doesn't have the energy of the previous two LPs and makes it drag some.

The second problem I have with the record is that the drums are mixed in too loud. They're hard to hear in the first mix of "Resignation Day" which gives the guitars more presence, and on "Collapser" the drums are much more distinguishable, but the guitars still dominate. On "Heart Beats Pacific" the drums are too present which seems to put the guitars in the back of the mix so they aren't driving BP's sound any longer. So while there are a bunch of really good songs on this record and I've been looking forward to it for a long time, the recording and the mix bring it down a lot for me.

When I opened my record, and pulled it out, I looked everywhere for the download code. Apparently, when I pulled the vinyl out of the sleeve, the dl code came out with it and flew half way across the room. I spotted it later on and all was well. Check your floor maybe?

so right.. i walked to my roommates room and it was on the floor. must have fallen out when i was going to his room to play it and was pulling it out.. hahaha..if i hadn't read this, i would have totally not looked. because it wasn't in mine since all there is is a desk and a bookshelf.

has everyone got theirs? still havent got mine yet

If you are talking about DTM, from Fat wiki board:

Re: Dead To Me - Moscow Penny Ante FAT774

Postby patatfat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Color Dead To Me - Moscow Panty Ante is delayed. All orders with it will ship when we receive it.

This means you most likely wont get this within upcoming the week because most of the Fatwreck people like Pat are at Fest.

has everyone got theirs? still havent got mine yet

If you are talking about DTM, from Fat wiki board:

Re: Dead To Me - Moscow Penny Ante FAT774

Postby patatfat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Color Dead To Me - Moscow Panty Ante is delayed. All orders with it will ship when we receive it.

This means you most likely wont get this within upcoming the week because most of the Fatwreck people like Pat are at Fest.

oh ok thanx for the heads up. i actually ordered both, wondering if they're waiting to ship them together or something

• 2 weeks later...
BP = 467 on translucent blue color vinyl.

Hope to get that and my Dead To Me LP soon. Anyone have any idea as to what caused the Dead To Me delay?

It had something to do with just the colour press so probably just delays at the pressing factory. Pat posted over at the wiki that these were coming in earlier this week and he would try to get em out as fast as possible.