Best Halloween Movies to Watch

Has anybody seen the prequel yet? I was considering going to see it, but have been somewhat skeptical.

Has anybody seen the prequel yet? I was considering going to see it, but have been somewhat skeptical.

It's ok. A lot of the same stuff happens that was in the 82' version. It does show why the camp was the way it was at the beginning of the 82' version. It even uses some actual footage from that one at the end. Some of the stuff was cool. While not great, it was entertaining. There was one plot hole that was annoying, but it didn't ruin it for me.

Over the weekend watched The Exorcist, Haute Tension, Alien, and Slither.

Nice list. I watched Slither last night myself. Btw, have you seen Alien on blu-ray yet? They really put a lot of love into that anthology box set, and into Alien & Aliens in particular. They both look incredible.

^

I'm pretty sure they had an Escape From New York re-make in the pipeline several years ago, but it got rightfully canned.

Bahahaha! I was just gonna make an escape from new york joke.

On a more serious note though, The Thing is totally one of the greatest horror films of all time. The visual effects totally still stand up. Good call dudes.

Zombie movie wise... You guys ever seen Lucio Fulci's "Zombie"? It's an Italian flick that's supposed to fill the gap between Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. It's really, really, really fucking good. Scope it. All I have to say is.... zombie vs. shark. Epic.

Over the weekend watched The Exorcist, Haute Tension, Alien, and Slither.

Nice list. I watched Slither last night myself. Btw, have you seen Alien on blu-ray yet? They really put a lot of love into that anthology box set, and into Alien & Aliens in particular. They both look incredible.

I haven't but have only heard great things about it. I need to invest in a new set of the Alien movies I think...

Also last night I watched Rob Zombie's Halloween for the first time since I saw it in theaters when it first came out.

I know a lot of people who love the originals didn't care for it, but I really like the way it was done. I like that they humanized MM. It made all of the evil things he did that much worse.

Also last night I watched Rob Zombie's Halloween for the first time since I saw it in theaters when it first came out.

I know a lot of people who love the originals didn't care for it, but I really like the way it was done. I like that they humanized MM. It made all of the evil things he did that much worse.

Blasphemy. I move this remark be stricken from the record.

Someone needs to stop allowing Rob Zombie to.... I dunno... exist? His movies are horrible, he music is atrocious, and he drives me fucking crazy. For some reason any time anyone mentions horror it's like, well, what do you have to say on the matter Rob Zombie? The dude is a hack. Complete and utter garbage. He owes the world an apology for having the audacity to touch Halloween. The man is a blemish on the world.

Someone needs to stop allowing Rob Zombie to.... I dunno... exist? His movies are horrible, he music is atrocious, and he drives me fucking crazy. For some reason any time anyone mentions horror it's like, well, what do you have to say on the matter Rob Zombie? The dude is a hack. Complete and utter garbage. He owes the world an apology for having the audacity to touch Halloween. The man is a blemish on the world.

i enjoyed rob zombie's halloween remake.

i also liked house of 1000 corpses and the devil's rejects.

i love the halloween movies, but they weren't all some wonderful works of cinema. be cool, my dude. be cool.

i enjoyed rob zombie's halloween remake.

i also liked house of 1000 corpses and the devil's rejects.

i love the halloween movies, but they weren't all some wonderful works of cinema. be cool, my dude. be cool.

I much prefer his work as a director to his musical career.

I like the original Halloween movies for their atmosphere and music, but overall find them boring. This is why I didn't mind the remake as much as other die-hard Halloween fans.

John Carpenter can do and has done much better. (Also worse, but what can you do?)