Best Halloween Movies to Watch

I'm probably gonna get chastised for asking this, but am I the only one who frequents these boards who actually enjoyed Let Me In (the Americanized version of Let The Right One In)?

No, I actually liked both equally. I am actually glad they made it, because too many people would've skipped the original, despite how great a flick it is, because they had to read subtitles to watch it.

The remake is pretty true to the original while still accessible to American audiences.

Surprised I haven't seen that yet, Adam. I'll check it out for sure. We have a locally owned video store in town that's really good about stocking these sorts of titles. Wild & Whooly Video rules!

If you can't find a copy let me know. I'll send you my copy to watch, make a duplicate if you like, and send it back when you're done. It's that good.

I'm probably gonna get chastised for asking this, but am I the only one who frequents these boards who actually enjoyed Let Me In (the Americanized version of Let The Right One In)?

i liked both for the exact same reasons adamhudson said. i know many people who won't watch a movie due to subtitles. lazy asses.

if anyone's gonna see a horror spoof everyone should watch STUDENT BODIES. i watched it last night (for the 100th time this year) and it never gets old.

"talking... during horse head bookends"

also just thought of a few i'm gonna watch soon:

Basket Case

Carrie

Am I the only one here that thought Drag Me To Hell sucked? I just couldnt get into it and it seemed like it was made the same way Family Guy was when that came back... IE just do my same schtick that everyone thought was great no matter if it makes no sense now when I do it.

As far as Gaillo goes, it is incredibly underrated. Argento is one of my favorite directors. For such a basic story that Deep Red has, it is an amazing movie.

My faves are Halloween (fave movie ever), Zombi, Day of the Dead ( the hopelessness of humans in that one is amazing), Phantasm, Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Freaks, and the Universal Monsters are all amazing. Also the spanish version of Dracula is so much better in atmosphere, if only Legosi was in it. Henry is also a great movie for the time period.

Honestly, I thought Drag Me To Hell was underwhelming as well but that may be because I'm not into complete gross outs ala vomiting and such (same reason why I had to turn off Dead Alive the first time I saw it).

Can't agree more on gaillo. Not too much coming out in the states in the 70's had as much as style and wit as what the Italians were perfecting at the time.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':j3d7tikg]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':j3d7tikg]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':tlz4629g]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':tlz4629g]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

That one film I mentioned earlier - Nightmare City - the Italian film with the zombies that look like they have mud on their faces and run around stabbing everything. Heh, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzWHOszONk&hl=en&fs=1

Gotta love the overdub.

It's pretty bad but it's still a fun film.

Like bad overdubs? Meet the king: Zombie 90 - a film that I'm positive they spent all of $500 on.

"Is this vegan? I can't eat it if it's not, I'll get sick."

Moments later as vegan is puking his guts (literally) out onto the table from the tub of lard he consumed hidden between the leaves of lettuce, "NOT vegaannnn".

Hahaha. I'm going to watch it tonight.

It's so tongue in cheek, it's a fun one to watch. I like the scene with the grill out and they're cooking up all of the dead bodies to get rid of the evidence.

"Oh yeah! Beer battered straight edgers!"

that movie is messed up!

haha, yeah. i was still somewhat confused in the end.

that's Japanese horror for you. hahah. Have you seen any of the Tomie movies? Those will stick with you even after you turn them off!

Hahaha. I'm going to watch it tonight.

It's so tongue in cheek, it's a fun one to watch. I like the scene with the grill out and they're cooking up all of the dead bodies to get rid of the evidence.

"Oh yeah! Beer battered straight edgers!"

haha, yeah. i was still somewhat confused in the end.

that's Japanese horror for you. hahah. Have you seen any of the Tomie movies? Those will stick with you even after you turn them off!

I've been meaning to, but haven't gotten to it, yet. Will most likely do that today.