PO: Dream Theater- Metropolis Pt2:Scenes...

Expression of a dissenting opinion is not trolling. I believe the things I've posted, and I didn't post them in an attempt to incite a reaction. I'm just expressing myself, maaan. Also I still have awesome taste in music. Prove me wrong, Dream Theater fan.

I've noticed this incorrect usage of the word troll a lot on this board. Did you all fail Internet 101? Trolling is a art, it's usually pretty easy to spot.

I don't see anything wrong with Jailhouse or Akex H expressing their opinions of the band and/or label this thread is based on. The world isn't all roses and blow jobs and we aren't here to kiss each other's asses. If you don't like what they have yo say, ignore it, move on, pre-order your Dream Theater record, and "enjoy" it.

I don't see anything wrong with Jailhouse or Akex H expressing their opinions of the band and/or label this thread is based on. If you don't like what they have yo say, ignore it, move on

pretty hard to ignore those two asshats and the guy from broken circles when they all make it a point to post how much they hate this label in every thread relating to said label. they go out of their way to express their disgust in a condesceding manner and just try to start an argument for argument's sake. they say the same old tired shit in every thread. most enjoy the ride threads explode into several pages of nonsense because of those three clowns. which makes it harder for people who actually want to find out something a particular record because they have to sift through pages and pages of ranting.

I don't see anything wrong with Jailhouse or Akex H expressing their opinions of the band and/or label this thread is based on. If you don't like what they have yo say, ignore it, move on

pretty hard to ignore those two asshats and the guy from broken circles when they all make it a point to post how much they hate this label in every thread relating to said label. they go out of their way to express their disgust in a condesceding manner and just try to start an argument for argument's sake. they say the same old tired shit in every thread. most enjoy the ride threads explode into several pages of nonsense because of those three clowns. which makes it harder for people who actually want to find out something a particular record because they have to sift through pages and pages of ranting.

I mean, feel free to post legitimate criticisms in threads I care about. I will skim through them in about 15 seconds and feel no compulsion to complain about it.

:-* :-* :-*

I don't see anything wrong with Jailhouse or Akex H expressing their opinions of the band and/or label this thread is based on. The world isn't all roses and blow jobs and we aren't here to kiss each other's asses. If you don't like what they have yo say, ignore it, move on, pre-order your Dream Theater record, and "enjoy" it.

Great point, just directed at the wrong audience. The burden of "ignore it, move on, etc." lies solely on jackasses making the decision to stir up shit in a thread they care nothing about. We've all been around the Internet long enough to know the difference between a dissenting opinion and outright flaming.

I vote the douchebaggery and the defense of the douchebaggery ends in this thread so we can reserve the space for discussion about the release of the album. If you don't like the album or band,

ignore it, move on,

Life's too short...be nicer.

The burden of "ignore it, move on, etc." lies solely on jackasses making the decision to stir up shit in a thread they care nothing about.

The whole fucking point is that they care enough about records and indy labels to see this label for what it is.

What do you mean "for what is it"? The only band to have an issue with any re-issue we have done was rx bandits which i have explained dozens of times. Nfg we got approved, chad didnt want it done through us so we backed off. That simple, if the band makes it clear that they have a problem with it for some reason than end of story.

Regardless of rumors otherwise both 311 and dream theatre are behind these releases and will be heavily promoting them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Theater/7677942180 , was also on their twitter and website(which is down right now for some reason)

311's management told us that they will be making some newsletter and socia network updates this week regarding the vinyl re-issue among other things.

The whole fucking point is that they care enough about records and indy labels to see this label for what it is.

What do you mean "for what is it"? The only band to have an issue with any re-issue we have done was rx bandits which i have explained dozens of times. Nfg we got approved, chad didnt want it done through us so we backed off. That simple, if the band makes it clear that they have a problem with it for some reason than end of story.

Regardless of rumors otherwise both 311 and dream theatre are behind these releases and will be heavily promoting them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Theater/7677942180 , was also on their twitter and website(which is down right now for some reason)

311's management told us that they will be making some newsletter and socia network updates this week regarding the vinyl re-issue among other things.

Cause all your doing is rehashing major label stuff. This was once a place for independent music. I'm sure if Sony or Atlantic or something started posting on this board not too many people would be happy. And that's essentially what you are. It's nothing at all productive, new, different, and especially not independent. You pay major labels to let you put your name one of their releases. Your not a label, and your site that insist that your here to to help "nobodies" become household names is ridiculous. Your whole mission statement is talking solely about helping out "nobodies" (which I may add is an endearing term to call independent bands) and how you do this and that. From reading your mission statement, one would think you were a more dickish Tim Yo.

Your mission is apparantly to press stuff that everyone has already heard, and is risk free.

A lot of people on here may not give a shit, as long as it's a cool color vinyl or good packaging or whatever. But the point remains, that you are brining absolutely nothing at all new to the table. Anyone can licence a record, it doesn't take a rocket scientist. It takes patience, hard work, sacrifice, and years of struggle to run a real label. What you are doing is simply paying someone to give you a shortcut, while bringing absolutely nobody anything new. How can you take pride in this?! You have no say in how it's recorded, promoted, you don't get to see it mixed, your not involved with the creative force behind releases. It takes absolutely no work. I know you'll say it takes months of haggling with majors over contracts and such, but that is not work. Sending E mails and waiting for responses. If you really cared about music, and wanted to make some sort of lasting impression, and more importantly maintain your pride. You'd put out stuff to make people aware of something new, or exciting that you helped build. An album that you helped create from scratch, and the work and sweat that goes into it, is a huge source of accomplishment. There is no better feeling than working hard with a band and navigating through the various stages of promotion, distribution and everything else, and finally reaching the end with an album of work that brings something new to people. It's like being a construction worker. Yeah, you could probably pay a fellow construction worker to let you take credit for his work, but wouldn't it feel better if was your work that you labored over, and you get to see the final presentation of something you worked hard yourself on?

I don't think anyone hates you as a person. It's just a slap in the face of bands, labels, fans, consumers etc, when all your doing is paying a major to allow you to take some credit for their work.

I know I make a lot of snide comments about your label, but I don't hate you, or wish the worst for you. It's just embarrassing. I feel embarrased for you. You act like your some big time label when you haven't done anything, except let the only original band you've worked with sit by the wayside while you continue your exploitive major label crap.

Maybe if ETR didn't keep doing the same shit over and over they would have nothing to complain about.

Cause all your doing is rehashing major label stuff. This was once a place for independent music. I'm sure if Sony or Atlantic or something started posting on this board not too many people would be happy. And that's essentially what you are. It's nothing at all productive, new, different, and especially not independent. You pay major labels to let you put your name one of their releases. Your not a label, and your site that insist that your here to to help "nobodies" become household names is ridiculous. Your whole mission statement is talking solely about helping out "nobodies" (which I may add is an endearing term to call independent bands) and how you do this and that. From reading your mission statement, one would think you were a more dickish Tim Yo.

Your mission is apparantly to press stuff that everyone has already heard, and is risk free.

A lot of people on here may not give a shit, as long as it's a cool color vinyl or good packaging or whatever. But the point remains, that you are brining absolutely nothing at all new to the table. Anyone can licence a record, it doesn't take a rocket scientist. It takes patience, hard work, sacrifice, and years of struggle to run a real label. What you are doing is simply paying someone to give you a shortcut, while bringing absolutely nobody anything new. How can you take pride in this?! You have no say in how it's recorded, promoted, you don't get to see it mixed, your not involved with the creative force behind releases. It takes absolutely no work. I know you'll say it takes months of haggling with majors over contracts and such, but that is not work. Sending E mails and waiting for responses. If you really cared about music, and wanted to make some sort of lasting impression, and more importantly maintain your pride. You'd put out stuff to make people aware of something new, or exciting that you helped build. An album that you helped create from scratch, and the work and sweat that goes into it, is a huge source of accomplishment. There is no better feeling than working hard with a band and navigating through the various stages of promotion, distribution and everything else, and finally reaching the end with an album of work that brings something new to people. It's like being a construction worker. Yeah, you could probably pay a fellow construction worker to let you take credit for his work, but wouldn't it feel better if was your work that you labored over, and you get to see the final presentation of something you worked hard yourself on?

I don't think anyone hates you as a person. It's just a slap in the face of bands, labels, fans, consumers etc, when all your doing is paying a major to allow you to take some credit for their work.

I know I make a lot of snide comments about your label, but I don't hate you, or wish the worst for you. It's just embarrassing. I feel embarrased for you. You act like your some big time label when you haven't done anything, except let the only original band you've worked with sit by the wayside while you continue your exploitive major label crap.

You know what, all of that is fair and the "mission statement" was made in 2007 and clearly needs to be updated/changed because obviously that is not our main focus at this point. As far as bringing nothing new to the table, im trying to meet a demand for albums that deserve and fans want to be pressed or repressed on vinyl. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel but just meet demand and make a quality product. We are all clearly fans of music and vinyl otherwise we wouldnt be on this board(altho we all may not agree on the same music most of the time). All the albums I have and will press are all things that I personally want to see made and no one else is making moves to get it done other than hot topic and record store day(who I am working closely with both). Speaking of hot topic, how is having the hot topic rep trying to get various titles made and promoting/taking recommendations on this board any different than what im doing. I understand he works for a corporation and doesn't have have full control of what happens with their releases but he is the rep to this board and link to them as a company.

As far as having my band harvard sit by the wayside of whatever you said, they have been booking and managing themselves(with my help) for the past two years. They have been busting their ass playing tiny bars, clubs and house shows. Finally we are lucky enough to have a larger indie label step in to help with distro for their next album. I opened the label in 2007 as album sales were steadily falling without any distribution so its been tough and the vinyl re-issue turn started as a way to keep my dream alive while bringing music to the fans who want it, in the format they prefer.

Im glad you dont hate me which is hard to tell sometimes by the barrage of snide remarks. Alot of us own labels and some have different views, business models and tastes in music and Thats fine. Ive never went into any other labels thread to bash their release except for the ace enders solo album because that whole situation is insane with no ending in sight. I make a point to have good customer service and work out any issues a customer may have. Life is short, worry about yourself.

Maybe if ETR didn't keep doing the same shit over and over they would have nothing to complain about.

what am i doing over and over? Putting out releases?

Still don't see the big deal. If you run a label that was with a band from the start, good for you. 10 yrs from now you should still feel good about that. Or if you put out first-time vinyl releases of older successful bands, you should be able to pat yourself on the back that too, for doing something no one else bothered to do. I don't know where all this "he's tryin to look cool" stuff came from, maybe I missed that.. but I think this is just stupid scene politics.

I couldn't care less about this release, but I clicked that link at the top of this page and there's a comment on that dream theater site that says

"This is quite possibly the best piece of news in the history of mankind! I wish all albums received this treatment but Scenes From a Memory is the most important to me so I'm thrilled! "

How is that not worth it? And if the band is behind it, why does it matter that he didn't do it "the way you would have"? Do you think that fan is getting all bent out of shape about how it was done?

the fact that these threads always blow up is funny to me .. and not because of ETR.