Odd Future's Left Brain Assaults Female Photog

Jesus, its fucking Rock and Roll. Expecting people that get paid money to live out their fantasy when they were 14 to act like civilized humans is ridiculous. Rock stars fuck girls with fish, shoot up alcohol when they run out of heroin, drive fast and kill their friends, BECAUSE they have the mentality of a 14 year old.

Also, it isnt like he punched her because she was a woman, he punched her because she was a photographer. No one cares that he punched another guy at all, just that he hit a woman.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think everybody should hit everybody at all times.

WWF Battle Royale style.

you go to the store to get some chocolate pop-tarts? WATCH OUT, that old lady just may take a flying leap off the shelf and drop a flying elbow on your jabroni ass.

i'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon, dammit, and i approve this message!

i can't stand terry richardson.

he's about as untalented and overhyped as odd future is in their respective field, however.

also:

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/08/09/odd-future-planning-the-release-of-a-book-titled-golf-wang/

oh, ok.

I have the book, its actually pretty cool. Most of it is just pictures they took themselves while hanging out and skating or whatever. There's some professional live shots but not much.

he's about as untalented and overhyped as odd future is in their respective field, however.

also:

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/08/09/odd-future-planning-the-release-of-a-book-titled-golf-wang/

oh, ok.

I have the book, its actually pretty cool. Most of it is just pictures they took themselves while hanging out and skating or whatever. There's some professional live shots but not much.

it just bums me out that people that want to call themselves artists and photographers can't show people who are also artists any respect.

also:

oh, ok.

how is richardson overhyped? dudes been in the game for a long time. surely his stuff wouldn't have stood the course of time if he was pure hype. his talent exceeds that of which most think they know. he knows how to use a camera and lighting, but he prefers to go the photojournalistic approach. its all subjective anyway.

it just bums me out that people that want to call themselves artists and photographers can't show people who are also artists any respect.

I dont think they are trying to call themselves photographers. Most of the pictures are just ones you would take with a disposable camera or something. They even have the little digital date printed on a lot of the pictures in the book.

Also, I dont think they have a problem with photographers in general, they seem to just not want them up front when they play live and instead get the kids who payed money up closer. Im not saying I agree with them or that hitting any photographers is ok in any way tho.

also:

oh, ok.

how is richardson overhyped? dudes been in the game for a long time. surely his stuff wouldn't have stood the course of time if he was pure hype. his talent exceeds that of which most think they know. he knows how to use a camera and lighting, but he prefers to go the photojournalistic approach. its all subjective anyway.

there's photojournalistic and then there's the 'this looks like i took it with a point and shoot and a monkey could take it.'

he might be talented, but the 'hey, stand in front of this white wall while i take your photo with direct on camera flash!' is getting way old.

If the band hates having photographers up front when they would rather have kids there, then why would they play shows with a photo pit? Is anything these guys do not a gimmick?

It's mostly festivals and showcases that have photo pits, and they've played a lot of those. I don't think any of their club shows have one.

there's photojournalistic and then there's the 'this looks like i took it with a point and shoot and a monkey could take it.'

he might be talented, but the 'hey, stand in front of this white wall while i take your photo with direct on camera flash!' is getting way old.

actually a good chunk of his early 90's stuff was point and shoot, some polaroid. but not entirely behind a white wall. i've seen a chunk of his stuff (friend has some original polaroids he took) that what represented a somewhat arbus or kern type style approach, others are basic commercial photos you'd never know was him. i get where you're coming from as far as the practice he's known for, but maybe i'm a bit less negative toward him as a lot of other people because i have seen different aspects of his work and know what he's capable of. some of his fetish photography is awesome. but then again i like fetish photography, and bleached pics, and using cross processing. i'm weird.